Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Stars fall Silent
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[[ Out of Character Notice, You can post if you like, I don't mind, I just want to do this story and hopefully see peoples opinions, it will be multiple Chapters.]]

The Image of a Console in a rather impressive Bretonian station, Sky red walls, with the bulkheads all drastically polygon'd the only light was from the nearby star and Planet, a Green planet, Life, Sea, Ocean, Docking rings, One hand comes across and touches the floating News symbol.

-----Activating File-----

-----Bretonian Sector------

Date: 11/08/819A.S

Uploading....
============================|========
Loading Completed!
---=====All the News that's fit for you=====---

======This is the Colony News service======

Greetings to those across Sirius.
I am Tammy Cox. Your Astronomical Anchor for Today.

The headlines:

2.31.1 = Nomads.. are they real? or fake? We ask a Liberty official!

2.32.1 = Is their finally hope for the Front against Gallia? We have Images to suggest so!

2.33.1 = And finally: A star that burned so bright. You didn't need a telescope!

==File Activation........... 2.33.1==

Astronomers today Witnessed a Supernova on the scale of unprecedented proportion from the Eta Carinae Star system within the Carina Constellation. The effects observed were that similar to a Type IIb Hypernova, The Star Code named "Heavens Altar" had previously falsified results of Numerous Supernova, The explosion is bigger then any we have seen so far in the astronomical world. Some speculate another force was behind this explosion as multiple scientists believed the star had another few Million Years to exist before its inevitable destruction, Eye witness reports also find that the star should have turned into A Black hole numbering on the scale of catastrophe. with such solar mass now dull in the sky, it has caused much question.

---Uploading interview----

Camebridge Scientist: Dr Alfred Strangeways had this to say of the matter:

"This is a most unusual event to strike our skies, usually a stellar Mass of that kind would end up a singularity so powerful, it could one day become that which makes our galaxy go round. Over the years I have encountered Numerous theories from Artifact's-" Tammy Interrupts "But what do Artifacts have to do with a Star collapsing Doctor Strangeways?" the Doctor resumes "I was just coming onto that, Patience, Aboard numerous expeditions to planets within Sirius, Artifact's have been found that are rather powerful and strange, We do not know how to activate them nor most of their purposes, but the energy they give out, Could suggest that these... Are still being used. The ancient race, that once inhabited Sirius, Known as the Daam K'vosh may still be out there. if these artifact's, are able to come into weapon form.. The destruction would be chaotic. It would be similar. To what we have seen.. Even if life exists in that hell hole that Carinae was.. Who knows.."

---Interview Terminated---

Well! that was a rather strange insight, I don't think we have heard so much from a Crazy Scientist, Pay attention folks, Do not believe such things about Alien Murders, If there were such things, we wouldn't be able to go on Day by Day. Never do Cardamine people. Or you end up like him..
ANYWAY! That is all we have time for..

I am Tammy Cox This was your Colony News! Stay safe out there Sirius!

=======End of File=======

The Console Pulls back. A group of armed men stand in the Cambridge Research Facillity, Bringing their guns up, Loading with clicks, silencers, All standing ready to pounce down a door marked "Dr Alfred Strangeways"
One of the armed men places a charge on the door, All of them congregate around the entrance, Each of the armed men covered in black, blending in with the dark structure of the room, upon the charge a display is seen counting down. Five... Four.. Three.. Two.. One.... "BOOM!" within that moment, the door is blast to smithereens.

Each of the men enter the room bringing each firearm up to point at a figure sat in a chair, in the corner of a most rich room facing a computer console, Two Couches Look out towards the Planet with a matching window, Across from there is a strange table, upon this the strangest of Artifact's, kept perfect within a containment field, simple the compound of the room remained past that, The figure remains ever still, Within the light of the room a Bretonian Armed Special forces Badge can be seen upon the arm of one of the men, A voice shouts "Freeze! Hands up!"

The figure doesn't move... Each member of the armed forces move forward towards the chair and man, slowly analysing each step, watching for anything that will move, A still room so silent, the buzz of a containment field, the sound of the air conditioning, Stepping, slowly, until one squad man reaches the figure, to the shock of a forces member, a mannequin with a wig, clothes and two very fine words written across the clothing. The forces member speaks those words, almost illusive "Too Late."...A faint beeping comes across the room, it gets louder with each second, faster, Until... the Sudden realisation Grasps the Squad, "Its a bomb! Run!" Each man runs across the room, But.. The explosive Detonates, A massive explosion rips open the side of the facility venting compartments around the area, two decks are engulfed by such a blast, The facility rings out alert, Locking down the sections and decks, Multiple ships come to life, Fighters, Gunboats, Belonging to the Bretonian Armed Forces around the scene, Comms go wild with activity, Screams, Medical Ships rush towards the station..

But where is the Doctor?
Darkly lit, a corridor of Bretonian design once again only greenery grows upon it, the walls covered in vines in some places Two Figures meet in the middle of this silent passage way.

"So you placed the device like I said Doctor?" A strange Bretonian voice utters,

"Of course I did, You will see the Chaos unfold soon upon the news" The Doctor Chuckles

"I would like to see these Artifacts you've managed to crack. I have heard numerous things that they can do. Perhaps to benefit me.. Weapons of destruction.. after all.. come primary for my Goal." A stare can be felt through his words, piercing, evil, not a request, more a demand.

"I have told you, I have done this for the sake of advancing everyone, not just you, I even gave you the nickname Facesplitter after you cut that Bretonian Officer in half. I have paid my way as a member of the Green Front, but is t-"

"If you want to live doctor, I suggest you do obey me, You can take my Claymore as a response, I would rather go solo now anyway, I already have a few people waiting to help me achieve my goal, You give me your notes, Artifact's and some of your knowledge, that was part of the deal! Do not make me kill you right here right now in this ship, I would rather not have to wash off my Bulkhead with your old blood smearing face."

"Are you Mad man? Just because you saw something that was remotely alien once you think they exist? The Daam K'vosh are dead. you know they are dead! Who convinced you that they were alive in the first place? was it something to do with the Cardi heads? perhaps an Outcast? Or was it the Order trying to recruit you?" Alfred gives a sigh "Take my research if it will calm you, But know this, That technology is unstable and not fully understood."

"You must be stupid Doctor. The Daam K'vosh are Dead. but they left us a parting gift, I believe they are called Nomads. Or.. that's what I have heard anyway, I am so convinced, Convinced because one of them shot at me, It was nothing controlled by Human, Pink, Thick, Organic, even weapons were organic, Alfred I know what they are. Check records, Sightings of unusual organic ships, if they haven't been taken down by the government. Take my ship, You can use the Name, Facesplitter, I'll take your place as the Doctor, Besides, Notes are easy to follow, I recommend you head out of Faroe before they come and look for you."

"Fine.. Fine.. Facesplitter.. You cannot be talked out of this... I will transfer the Artifact's to your freighter at the Space-port, all my notes.. Everything. Tools. Equipment.. Just don't ever come near me again." Alfred Shakes his head defeated.

The Man he has been talking to turns and leaves towards the bar, his face holds a large scar across his right eye, which he covers with an eye patch, Black hair shoulder length, drifts as he walks, the Faint shape of a Stubble shadow surrounds his lips, following the chin line, his grey eyes don't look back mercilessly. Alfred walks in the other direction to the docking bay of the space port.