Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Anoither pirating dicussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
When a pirate stops someone and says: "Would you like to donate to my cause?" or "Please donate to my cause."

Does that give him the right to open fire if the trader says no? I don't see these words as a form of demand, and it shouldn't give a pirate the right to open fire. In short its nothing more than firing on someone after saying halt.
Depends on the person. I think the Bundschuh simply ask, while for others, it's more of a subtle demand. Really though, if it gets to the point where he stops you, you might as well ask.
It's a demand, just a very nicely worded one.
' Wrote:It's a demand, just a very nicely worded one.

Yep.
It is a VAST improvement vs 2mil or die!

Get them into telling you a story.....How thier cause and your donation, will Feed millions of starving children on (rolls 20 sided dice) ..........Planet Betty-Baka-Pie.
I tried my hand at pirating using a similar tactic... asking for 'donations' to certain causes. I took the time to explain my causes. It went well, mostly because I didnt ask for a whole lot (100k - 250k) ... didnt figure on gettin greedy while perporting to back non-profit causes, lol...

The funny thing is I did it in an unarmed gunship (well no guns except a single lvl 3 debilitator for shuttin down the tradelane). That was some fun pirating. Well, until some hotheaded merc decided to persecute little ole me, without regard for my inability to defend myself...

... But I digress... personally I'd say that a pirate can be extra polite but in the end, its a pirate... can't expect em to take no for an answer!
' Wrote:Does that give him the right to open fire if the trader says no? I don't see these words as a form of demand, and it shouldn't give a pirate the right to open fire. In short its nothing more than firing on someone after saying halt.

It doesn't. He must call the exact price before getting right to blow up his poor ship. End of story.
Yes a request for a donation is a demand, for example "Oh sir, might I ask for a 2 million credit donation to the Farmers of Kusari?" is a demand, if you say no and there is no law around, we will destroy you.
Hm.. This all got me thinking.
As a Corsair when I see a trader trough my space and I ask him to stop. Lets say he refuses. Okay, I CD the guy, and say "0 speed xxxx" Guy starts to cruise again and says something totally lame like "leave me alone"

I know rules say I must ask the exact money amount then, but rp wise, the pilot i'm roleplaying wouldn't like that insult much and would probably say something like "last chance, stop or die"

It's not really asking for cash, but when you encounter a trader like this, can you simply blast away after few warning?
Note, I'm not really talking about a generic pirate id, Corsair in a Corsair space must have some more authority in this case, right?
' Wrote:Yep.

Inspiring words....:nyam:

But yea, if you don't give a pirate what he wants he is going to forcefully take it from you or take something else that might be of use if he can't get what he came for.

Pirate: "Can I have it please?"

Trader: "No."

Pirate: "Oh...oh. Sorry to bother you then, have a nice day."

Not going to happen...:cool:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7