Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To scientifical parties, groups, organizations across Sirius
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
=== A MESSAGE TO:
  • Scientifical parties, groups and organizations across Sirius

SUBJECT: An invitation

Ladies and Gentlemen,

First of all, let me introduce myself. The name is Daniel Baltakis. I bet this name tells not much to all of you. And I don't blame you, since I've spent many years in dungeons. Literally. I've spent many years making sure that my father's dream will come true. A dream of system which will help hundreds, maybe thousands of scientists to make their dreams come true. A dreams of better tomorrow. My father started this project since his early 20's, and he continued his work until he passed away... being fascinated by his job and dedication to it, and being his only offspring I've decided that I have to do everything to complete it. Eighty years ago, my father created a single microchip. A microchip which today is probably the biggest and most complex systematical node created to date. A node, that can think, create and the most important - help.

However, feeling weaker and weaker day by day... and to be honest, running out of my father's fund... I've realized that final steps of completion of the project can not be made by myself all alone. The project has to be shown. It was created to help everyone after all. So, I'm inviting you to my personal estate at the Planet Gran Canaria, where the project will be introduced to all of you. Further date and exact location will be told personally to each other after the registration. However, since I'm host after all, I have duty to create some rules:
  • There can be only one representative of each group/party/organization. No more. Bodyguards and all other staff will be settled at special rooms. However, they won't participate in meeting.
  • Only high-ranked members of group/party/organization shall attend. I think there's no need of any explanation for this one.
  • The quarters where the meeting going to take a place is EMP. That means that any of your devices won't work there. If you have any vital implants/augmentations, please warn me.
  • No weapons. I think there's no need of any explanation for this one.
To make sure that registration will be fully systematic and flawless, there's a form you have to fill if you want to participate in the meeting. You'll find it in attachments. Filled form shall be sent via the same channel.

Have a nice day/evening, Ladies and Gentlemen,
Baltakis out.

=== MESSAGE ENDS.
=== ATTACHMENT(S): YES (1)

=== OPENING ATTACHMENT #1 ('form')

Quote:Full name: ____________
Group/party/organization you represent: ____________
House or faction your group/party/organization represents (if represents any): ____________
Primary objectives of your group/party/organization: ____________
Do you have any vital implants, augmentations that could be damaged by EMP: ____________

Your personal message: Write anything. You can ask anything as well, all questions will be answered.
.:=Incoming Transmission=:.

[Image: GRNJulieBar.png]

[color=black]Location: Battleship Villeneuve, Gallic Occupied Edinburgh
Subject: RE: An Invitation.
Encryption Level: HIGH

Full name: Julie Denise Bonheur
Group/party/organization you represent: Gallic Royal Navy
House or faction your group/party/organization represents (if represents any): Kingdom of Gallia / Gallic Royal Navy
Primary objectives of your group/party/organization: Securing Gallic Borders from various pirate groups.
Do you have any vital implants, augmentations that could be damaged by EMP: None.

Your personal message:

"Rest assured that this is on my own personal initiative and not on the Gallic Royal Navy's, I would like to find more time to learn about such scientific advancements within Sirius along with it's various cultures as a whole, as I've been attempting to do while fighting the war in the Tau. I... also do hope that because of my nationality, that I am not denied the opportunity to learn more about Sirius' Scientific Community and Culture as a whole."

Maréchal Julie Bonheur
Gallic Expeditionary Force, Battleship Villeneuve, Gallic Occupied Edinburgh

[color=#000000].:=Transmission Terminated=:.
=== A MESSAGE TO:
  • Julie Denise Bonheur

SUBJECT: RE: An invitation

Well... to be honest, at the beginning I was kinda... confused what I'm supposed to do. Since I'm Bretonian-born and I still have Bretonian citizenship, it's a bit hard to give an invitation to Gallic, especially the one who serves at Royal Navy. I think there's no need of telling the reason. Plus, this invitation was addressed to scientific groups, organizations and parties... not individuals.

Second thing, this project is created for science, yes. However, there's no need of complex modifications to make it "tool" of something more serious. This is why I'm afraid of any interference from any kind of militaristic organization. Don't think I'm any kind of schizophrenic, but I know how the "spy games" works in these kind of groups.

However, science is for everyone. Right? Taking all the personal costs away, I have no reason to decline your registration. As you already see, accepting your presence is a bit hard to me. Just, please, don't take it personally. However, I'm happy that Gallic is interested in Sirian scientific culture, knowing each other is always a great part of progress towards peace. So, I'll be waiting for you at the meeting, Miss (or Mrs?) Bonheur.

And again, don't take my harshness too personally. I think that everything I've said has reason... especially for a Bretonian. I'm sorry for my words, if they offended you in any way.

For a further information of location and time, you'll be contacted later.

Have a safe trip,
Baltakis out.

=== MESSAGE ENDS.
=== A MESSAGE TO:
  • Scientifical parties, groups and organizations across Sirius

SUBJECT: An invitation

Ladies and Gentlemen,

There's only one volunteer to participate at the meeting at the moment. I would like to see more. Remember, you're the future of the project. And this project is the future of science.

Have a nice day/evening, Ladies and Gentlemen,
Baltakis out.

=== MESSAGE ENDS.
[Image: FfU0D.png]
Full name: Kate Golanska
Group/party/organization you represent: Reapers of Sirius
House or faction your group/party/organization represents (if represents any): none
Primary objectives of your group/party/organization: Enforcment of peace, protection of civilians
Do you have any vital implants, augmentations that could be damaged by EMP: none

Your personal message:
Your message lacked information on nature of this microchip... rather vague description of what it is about. How EMP will not affect device itself? What is purpouse of it? What morals do you follow and how would you ensure that this device will not fall into wrong hands if it turns out to be effective weapon?
Incoming Transmission

Comm ID: Occam Razor

Full name: Occam Razor
Group/party/organization you represent: The Haimen Alliance
House or faction your group/party/organization represents (if represents any): None
Primary objectives of your group/party/organization: Research of Humans, Scorians, Nomads and AIs
Do you have any vital implants, augmentations that could be damaged by EMP: The Golem chassis I will send is gonna be shieled to EMP.

Your personal message:
Since you did not limit your meeting to Humans and the Haimen Alliance is mostly a Research Faction, i will apply to your meeting, though i am only sure your microchip is the biggest and most complex systematical node created to date by humans, not by AIs. I will send an experimental golem 35 chassis with one of my subminds to your meeting.

Transmission Terminated
=== A MESSAGE TO:
  • Valkyrie

SUBJECT:RE: An invitation

Dear Miss/Mrs Golanska,

"Reapers" of yours are known widely in Sirius. Some of Sirians says you're "bad", some says you're "good". I needed some time to think about your presence. However, I hope that your presence won't be a problem to others. As I said to another guest before: "science is for everyone". Plus, as same as your's, the main goal in science is utopia. Right? The further information about the location and time will be sent to you later.

Now, it's time to answer your questions. I didn't wanted to spoil too much in my invitation, since the objective of our meeting will be introduction of this system. The thing is, that... erm... Z.O.I.A... or at least this is how I call "her" at the moment is not just "a device". It's a way much more. The EMP is controlled by the system I'm going to introduce itself, so there's no affect on it. The question about "morals" is a tricky one... actually, I'm not sure what do you have in mind. As for the functions of the system, that will be explained in the meeting.

Have a nice day/evening,
Baltakis out.

=== MESSAGE ENDS.

===========================================

=== A MESSAGE TO:
  • Occam Razor

SUBJECT:RE: An invitation

Dear Razor,

I'm afraid that this meeting will be limited to humans-only. Plus, you're bad reader. The project started from a simple microchip. Now it's something a way bigger. I'm sorry.

Baltakis out.

=== MESSAGE ENDS.
[color=#CCCCCC]Full name: [font=Futura LT]Wilhelm Schnee
Group/party/organization you represent: [font=Futura LT]Zoners of Sparta Station
House or faction your group/party/organization represents (if represents any): N/A
Primary objectives of your group/party/organization: Defense of Corinth, the primary Zoner research facility
Do you have any vital implants, augmentations that could be damaged by EMP: No

Your personal message: I am Doctor Wilhelm Schnee, under the employ of Sparta's administrator Hiyobi Kita. The good administrator has taken a fair interest in your.... exposition, and has requested I attend in his stead - he is a very busy man, and not a man of science, as I am. If you require any information regarding my personal qualifications, I am able to provide such under the condition of strict confidentiality.
[Image: sheidlson.png]

Greetings Mr Baltakis

Oooo, micro-chips and a better tomorrow...
This really does seem right up our street, if you know what I mean.

As the OZ Science Head of the Department I would be the most appropriate
person to represent our people and our interest in such a project.

Although I am just an Engineer, so I doubt I would understand all
of the specifics, I have dabbled a little bit in similar areas.

I am sure you will understand that once we establish whether or not
this project is of interest to us we can assign more appropriate staff.

My details are attached below.

Attached Form.

Full name:_______________________________________________________________Mark Shieldson.
Group/party/organization you represent:______________________________________Obsidian Zoetic.
House or faction your group/party/organization represents (if represents any):______________Zoners.
Primary objectives of your group/party/organization:_________________Colonisation of Omicron Zeta.
Do you have any vital implants, augmentations that could be damaged by EMP:____Just a walking stick.

Mr Shieldson

[Image: transend.png]
Full name: Doctor Ibrahim Ali Al-Maliki

Group/party/organization you represent:The People's Bureau of Scientific Research and Advancement.

House or faction your group/party/organization represents: The People of Omega 52, The Working class citizens of Sirius.

Primary objectives of your group/party/organization: The Coalition seeks to liberate the working class citizens throughout Sirius and unite them all under the banner of the Coalition, and true Social Equality.

Do you have any vital implants, augmentations that could be damaged by EMP: No, any implants I possess have been designed to withstand such things.

Your personal message:
"A great many things cross my desk each day, usually I toss datapads containing things such as this, into the incinerator here on Mykolaiv Station...however, for some reason I find myself curious. What is the goal of your little 'project' and how might it benefit my people?

As you can see, I prefer to keep things brief. Hold my interest, and we shall meet, and I assure you, having the ingenuity of Coalition scientists working with your project will be most beneficial to you, however...benefits are a two way street."

As-Salāmu `Alaykum,
Doctor Al-Maliki, Ending Message.
Pages: 1 2