Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Why flood
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
My friend has very limited bandwidth because he lives out in the wops (about 20 minutes from my place, which is on the edge of town). Is there any way I can send him the files for a game (it's free to play before you complain about piracy), without chewing through his bandwidth?

Hamachi first came to mind, but I don't think that will work.

inb4 usual flood stuff
' Wrote:My friend has very limited bandwidth because he lives out in the wops (about 20 minutes from my place, which is on the edge of town). Is there any way I can send him the files for a game (it's free to play before you complain about piracy), without chewing through his bandwidth?

Hamachi first came to mind, but I don't think that will work.

inb4 usual flood stuff
Puh, Dropbox?
Go to his house with a flash drive?
' Wrote:Go to his house with a flash drive?
20 minutes man. 20 minutes only to get there. Getting back is an other 20 minutes. Back and forth is now a total of 40 minutes. Do you really think he would waste 40 minutes of his life instead of asking an other way on these forums and get an answer in a day or two?

Are you insane?
' Wrote:20 minutes man. 20 minutes only to get there. Getting back is an other 20 minutes. Back and forth is now a total of 40 minutes. Do you really think he would waste 40 minutes of his life instead of asking an other way on these forums and get an answer in a day or two?

Are you insane?
[Image: yhtWQ.gif]
' Wrote:Puh, Dropbox?

Uses bandwidth.

' Wrote:Go to his house with a flash drive?

Don't have a vehicle I can use, nor do I feel like going for a walk through the country at midnight.
Non-electronic mail? (Honestly I cannot think of anything else which doesn't involve either physical transportation by yourself or transportation through the internet, which then obviously uses bandwidth)

Quote:My friend has very limited bandwidth because he lives out in the wops (about 20 minutes from my place, which is on the edge of town).

NZ, the one place you can go from civilization to back of beyond in 20minutes walk.

But on topic, any file accessed off the internet will use bandwidth to the best of my (tired) knowledge.
Is it speed or data cap that is limited?
Hmm. A remote file transfer to be achieved without use of the internet.

Have you considered encoding the binary in smoke signals or morse code with lasers?

:rtfm:
' Wrote:Don't have a vehicle I can use, nor do I feel like going for a walk through the country at midnight.

Not even a bike ? And if you don't like walking at midnight just wait until tomorrow.
Pages: 1 2 3