Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Gallia - Sirius exploration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
INCOMING TRANSMISSION
SOURCE: Mr. Tickles
SUBJECT: Working for garlic-people

[Image: 1zn4kmf.jpg]

Hey there, Sir, Mam. Mister and Miss Nameless. Who or whatever it is you are. I was just wondering. What are the terms exactly? Who am i to discuss those with, when and where? How nice will the payment be? Tell me more of those things potential employers coax us into doing our job with, don't be shy!

Oh, and while we are at it, is there a chance to get pretty and single gallic lady as my companion and wingman for the job? Because it -is- important. Distant space you mentioned is not exactly full of people to talk with.

TRANSMISSION END
[Image: idfcopy6.png]
Bonjour explorers,

a number of replies, I hope you do not mind then all together to save bandwidth.

To: Colin O'hanna, no problems communication over distance can be problematic and it is a shame that this call is not within the sphere of operation your fleet encompasses.

To: "JJ" Joel Jacobson, you are correct exploration is a broad term but as traders and not experts in the field it was the best we could come up with. Basically we are after people pushing the limits of the southern Gallia systems looking for "weak spots" in the space/time fabric which may be exploited, commonly know as jump holes. Or if you are familiar with these anomalies then proto-jump holes? So basically fly around map and explore and pass any interesting findings of any sort, back to us.

As for recompense we were hoping some tender would be forthcoming, possibly even with search protocols etc. We do not know the running costs of your vessel and any other overheads you may have so did not wish to put people off with an sum too paltry especially as we are not sure what "exploration" really entails.

To: Lee del Sol Verde, As for recompense we were hoping some tender would be forthcoming. We do not know the running costs of your vessel and any other overheads you may have so did not wish to put people off with an sum too paltry.

Regarding Entry into Gallia, for the purposes of this exploration then your ship names would be passed throughout the GRN and GRP neural nets. Whilst this should guarantee safety for interception from most ships. However, we will not be able to reprogramme automatic systems in time or over the systems entirity so there would still be an element of danger involved.

To Mr. Tickles, possibly the first suggestion would be a dictionary or atlas to help with the communication as Garlic is something else entirely.. In the absence of any specific tender we cannot be any more precise at this moment. We do not know the running costs of your vessel and any other overheads you may have so did not wish to put people off with an sum too paltry especially as we are not sure what "exploration" really entails. If still interested feel free to recontact via this channel.

As for the wingperson and companion, the Universe is a large place with much variety I would suggest placing son advertisment within the appropriate neural net small-adds and see what it trawls up.

Regards
[Image: transmissionclosed.png]
[Image: Lee_TB1incoming.png]
Subject: Tender
Position: Conorado, Barrier Gate Station
Receiver: IDF

Dear IDF,

here's my desired estimate of costs for approximately one week. It includes my crew's salary, H-fuel costs, vital supplies, general ship maintenance and the hire of my ship and myself:

300.000 - Vital supplies
500.000 - Crew Salary
1.700.000 - H-fuel
2.500.000 - Ship maintenance
5.000.000 - Hire

-----------------
10.000.000 SC

The payment can be sent to my ship's bank account, whose ID is [FL]-Narcotic.
I'll start the exploration tour presumably tomorrow in the morning, and I'll contact you on this channel if any abnormality crosses my way.

Yours,

[Image: Lee_sign.png]

[Image: Lee_TB1terminated.png]
Incoming Transmission....
Encryption Level: Z-b01

CommID: Joel Jacobson

Hello again IDF folks.

I can understand not wanting to offend potential explorers with an under paying offer. Myself, I find it half to fun to haggle the price. But if by 'tender' you mean the bill, then that would depend on the thoroughness of the scan you want. I can do anything from a simple fly by scan, to an extremely slow and thorough sector by sector scan. of course the latter option would cost you a fair bit more than the former.

Given that me and my crew have made ourselves a nice little fortune down in the southern omicrons, and just how curious the lot of us are about y'all Gallics, I would only need compensation for the fuel, provisions and time involved.

In any case, be sure to let me know if ya still have need of our services. Im not one to go parading around someplace I havent been exactly welcome before getting invited.

Transmission Ends....
Bonjour explorers,

To: Lee del Sol Verde. Thank you for your reply that approach is agreeable, with a slight proviso, even if you do not find anything could you please report back any negative results. they are just as important so a report with the areas searched is desired. In addition any photographic shots "back into" known space would help our cartographers chart the areas.

To: "JJ" Joel Jacobson. Thank you, yes time is money and you get what you pay for regarding thoroughness. As a minimum we can offer the same as above, with potential renegotiation if you end up with a vast thorough survey.

Regarding Entry into Gallia, for the purposes of this exploration then your ship names would be passed throughout the GRN and GRP neural nets. Whilst this should guarantee safety for interception from most ships. However, we will not be able to reprogramme automatic systems in time or over the systems entirity so there would still be an element of danger involved.

Could you please furnish these?

We also envisage a 5 million bonus for any interesting structures/arefacts/anomalies etc. you may find.

Regards
Incoming Transmission....
Encryption Level: Z-b01

CommID: Joel Jacobson

Howdy Again IDF Fella's

As you said Time is money. The terms are agreeable, and I will move to begin the survey asap. My vessel is a Conference Class Gunboat, Transponder signal "Amarus'.

There is but one other matter I feel needs to be cleared up. Being none to familiar with Gallia at all, could you please specify the systems that you wish to have examined? I understand that it is the southern reaches that are of interest, but I want to make sure I stay where I am hired to be. Wouldnt want to wander into any off limits areas or cause problems through other misunderstandings.

As I stated, I will move my vessel into Southern Gallia through known routes soon and will await your further instructions.

Transmission Ends...
Bonjour "JJ" Joel Jacobson.

Thank you we will pass you ship name onto GRPGRN, but be aware fixed automated systems will probably not be updated in time.
We also envisage a 5 million bonus for any interesting structures/arefacts/anomalies etc. you may find.

Systems of particular interest at this point are Provence, Dauphine and Burgundy being on the Southern/Eastern edge of our Territory.

Regards
Subject: Starting exploration task
Position: Dauphine
Dear IDF,

just a few hours ago, I've moved across the borders, entering Gallia core space. I've finished all the preparations, and going to move my vessel now into southern space.

Any notification, whether the payment has been sent in advance, would be pleasant.

I'll provide any noteworthy photographic shots within the next week. Until then, have a nice day. We'll stay in touch.

Yours faithfully,

Bonjour Lee del Sol Verde,

thank you for your update, we can confirm 50% of the fee has been transferred to account [FL]-Narcotic, the remaining will be wired on completion. Not that we do not trust you but this is standard Gallic practice in certain transactions.
Regards
Subject: Exploration Reports
Position: Provence, Monte Carlo Freeport
Bonjour IDF,

as promised, I'm sending you the details about my current status. I've been exploring the borders of Dauphine and Provence now for almost one week in search for any unknown anomalies.

Unfortunately, we haven't found anything of importance yet. But as you asked for it, here's a small report about our taken exploration routes:

Dauphine:
[Image: dauphine_navmap.jpg]

We've been focusing on the south-east of Dauphine. Our route included sector E8 to H4. Except for a few lawful ship wrecks, different types of asteroids and the already discovered jumphole to Provence, we haven't found anything worth mentioning.

Here's some photographic shot, we've taken from sector H8:
[Image: dauphine_overview.jpg]

Provence:
[Image: provence_navmap_zpse14cf9b3.jpg]

As you can see, we've scanned the space at the borders of Provence, making a few detours into the asteroid fields and nebulas. This time, I've tried to cover as much space as possible. But again, we didn't came accross anything being out of the ordinary. Just one thing - we've nearly crashed into Planet Nices atmosphere at full speed, since it was impossible to see anything in the "Mer".

And the photographic shot, from sector F1:
[Image: provence_zpsc56cbb17.jpg]

In short, that was all until now. Of course, we aren't finished yet, and we couldn't uncover all the sectors yet. But we try our best. Besides, I'm improving my 'garlic' lenguage skills and knowledge about Gallic culture.

Bien à vous,

Pages: 1 2 3