Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Transmission to: John Henry Holliday, TAZ.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: csthreadheaderneurocyte.png]

Source: Zeta Foxtrot, Consortium Overwatch, Delta-Hub
Dest: TAZ; CC: OSI, Ames Research
Subject: Sol Expedition.

<::Mister Holliday, I bid to you and to the rest of the Zoners a good day. We have a purposal and a request to make of you. As well as Omicron Supply Industries.

<::It has been Eight Hundred Years since the exodus from Sol, mankind's ancestral home. Devastated by war and abandoned long ago. We must now, seek to make an expedition Back to the Solar System, on a fact-finding mission. We need to know a few things about how and why Gallia escaped Sol.

<::To do this we will require the aid of the Zoners. They are wanderers, and legendary explorers. Skills which would augment our own considerably. And also, they have no political predispositions which would preclude our co-operation.

<::We ask three things from the Zoners:
  1. We have no fleet ships in our inventory capable of making the journey, so a Juggernaut class vessel with a modified Jumpdrive will be needed.
  2. We will need astronomical data from multiple points in Sirius to triangulate Sol's location based on known galactic drift.
  3. We will need crews and volunteers to man the exploration ships. We will provide AIs and some personnel for the journey but without extensive modification, we would not be able to man an expedition of this size.
<::It will be a difficult voyage, but we have the technology to modify a Jump Drive to the point that it would be able to reach Sol's predicted location and return safely. As well as expeditionary vessels to ensure that everything runs smoothly.

<::It will take some time to arrange all that is necessary to begin this journey. Of course. But it may be necessary to learn much that was lost from our past...

<::We look forward to your responses. May the gods be with you.

>End of Line<
[Image: csthreadenderneurocytel.png]
[Image: ambassadorsoffice.png]

*incoming transmission*
Comm ID: [TAZ]Doc.Holliday
To: Zeta Foxtrot, Consortium Overwatch, Delta-Hub
CC: OSI; Ames Research
Encryption: Heavy

I apologize for my late response. I find your mission most interesting, one that has my interest somewhat. I will also admit, I am very reluctant to give up a ship like one of our own Juggernaughts. People purchase them illegally nowadays, take them into house space, assault government forces and give up it's secrets. There are many documented cases of this so you can see my concerns on this.

I want to help but I must do a couple of things.
-I wish to consult with the Leadership of OSI on this.
-I would also consult with the leadership of Ames Research
-I must also ask YOU, what paperwork do you plan to use on this ship? If you have adversaries, no doubt they will take aim at this ship and then question us on it. I live in relative peace and I rather enjoy it.

So, allow me some more time to think this over as it is a big request.

Yours in Eris,
Dr. John Henry Holliday
TAZ Administrator
[Image: csthreadheaderneurocyte.png]

Source: Zeta Foxtrot, Consortium Overwatch, Delta-Hub
Dest: TAZ; CC: OSI, Ames Research
Subject: Sol Expedition.

<;:Your concerns are understandable. We have identified many ships of Zoner make acting anomalously at various locations in house space. It is not your fault.

<::If we were to acquire such a ship, it would not fly under the Armada's banner and would have a joint-crew. It would need to only be used for the duration of the expedition, and subsequently returned to the Zoners once the operation is done. As there would be direct oversight from the TAZ and OSI, going into such an expedition.

<::You have plenty of time to think the matter through, as we will still need to gather enough astronomical data to backtrack the Sleeper Ships' paths, and modify a Jump Drive in order to make the distance. It may take a few months to gather the necessary materials.

<::We look forward to your reply.

>End of Line<
[Image: csthreadenderneurocytel.png]