Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Another day another dollar.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Chapter 1: Origins

30 Million Credits. Not a letter, a video, or anything else. 30 million lousy credits. What am I supposed to do with that, settle down and do nothing for the rest of my natural life? Fat chance.

Leo Threw the tablet across the room in a fit of rage. His Father was a nobody. He ditched Leo at the first chance he got at the age of 15 with his Mother on Planet Houston. Life had been rough for him, His Mother got addicted to cardamine by the time he was 17. At 18, his Mother was arrested and shot while resisting arrest. Alone and on the street, Leo did what he could do best. Fight. In cage matches, Illegal fight clubs he rose little by little. Soon he had enough money to rent a room. It was not a fancy room, it was about as low end as one could get. It was a bad place to live, the hallway smelled of synthetic drugs, the carpet was stained twice over, there was always someone being arrested. Leo had the chance to get out of such a dump, but it involved illegal activities, something he promised himself he would never get caught into. He continued to fight in the underground ring, moving up little by little. He was getting quicker and quicker, while his opponents got slower and slower. Using what little extra cash he had, he paid for a membership to a health club. Using the equipment there he honed his skills, and became a skilled fighter.

One Night he was just finishing up at the Gym when a guy wearing a suit approached him. He asked Leo about a career in fighting. No more underground fights, this was the real deal. His life changed, and he became a Mixed Martial Arts fighter. He became quite wealthy, and soon was able to move off Planet Houston to Planet Los Angeles. Having his career growing to a close, he stopped fighting and began hobbies. He had a thing for speed. Naturally, he bought his first fighter, a Falchion class Light Fighter. Its speed won him a couple races, his Agility from his fighting days coming through and his reflexes pushing the ship to its limits.

Well why not do what you do best? Fight for money.
said His friend Pete Waters, Coach and long time friend.

What? Pirate?

No, Im talking doing mercenary work. Take the 30 million credits, and buy one of the fancy Bayonets. They are great little ships. Fast, small, agile. Your type of ship.

Maybe. Then I can find out about my Father. Why he left me and my Mother for dead. And why a week after a death certificate is issued by the Police I get a check for 30 Million Credits.

Sometimes its not best to dwell on specifics. Think of this as an opportunity. Get you out of this house, which I must say could use some upgrades. Ile get in contact with some old buddies, see if they can help you get registered on the big bounty boards. Say, the Interspace Commerce Bounty Board and the Liberty Government board.

Well, Ive got a Falchion, I can try to start collecting in that...

Nah, its a huge ship built for speed, not combat. And your upgrades mean theres low armor and the majority of the systems are directly tied into the power core, you won'€™t get many shots off before the core drains and you lose your speed advantage. Get a bayonet. I got a friend on Barrier Gate Station, he will be able to hook you up with some nice equipment for cheap. Completely legal equipment to, mind you.

Good. Because if I find out he actually is using stolen goods ile break his spine.

And mine.

And yours. Thanks for the advice, now lets finish watching this game.

Both Leo and his friend Pete sat down and began to talk about the game, and which team they favored to win the Sirius Cup. It ended up a draw in overtime, with a third game scheduled for the week later. Pete never got to watch the final game.