Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Forging the Chihane
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"What do you mean, you can't rebuild it!?"

Karasu was desperate about his disgrace. The Corvus, the heirloom of his family, was destroyed. The fact that its destruction has already been avenged, as the KNF pilot who landed that obliterative hit didn't survive the battle, didn't lessen his guilt. The only possibility was to rebuild a ship worthy of the Corvus to continue the tradition.

"Look. The Corvus was an Ejiha - an imperial guard ship from the first generation - you can't just build them... they were forged by the hands of the most skilled engineers out of the most rare metals. Even if I could handle this task, you still need the materials!"

Karasu has never seen the chief engineer so humble. He would never have imagined to hear the engineer to consider something out of his capabilities.

"What materials? Don't we have anything we need here? You're building ships everyday!"

"Well, we're still talking about an Ejiha... Their hull was composed of a rare alloy, containing a metal we call crimson gold. A type of gold - with a characteristic red glow, hence the name - when rightly processed, it provides extreme stability at very low weight. Nowadays, we're using a niobium composed superalloy with similar features for the hull components, but I don't assume that it would do the job for you, would it?"

"No... where can you get this crimson gold?"

"I have no idea... I don't think you'll find any of it in Kusari... It isn't used anymore by the big shipyards. Too expensive for the relatively little effect, I assume."

"Uchimono-san, I will bring you the gold, and you will build me a ship worthy as the heirloom of the Karasu's. You will help me to restore my honour!"

Promising it rather to himself than to the engineer, Karasu walked off. He was regaining his usual determination, finally being able to focus on a aim again.

A couple of hours later, a transmission was speeding through the comlinks across whole Sirius:

Quote:**Incoming Transmission
**ComID: Obfuscated Dragon Signature
**To: All allies of the Dragons; GMG; Junkers;
**Subject: Acquisition
**Body:

Greetings, friends of the Dragons,

I am in search of 10 units of a certain very rare material, which we call "crimson gold" - a rare form of gold emitting a crimson shine. If you are in possession of this material, contact me as soon as possible. I am willing to pay 1,000,000 credits for said 10 units.

**Transmission ended

//Well, basically 10 gold units for 1mil credits. Nice deal! I encourage you to write a small story about your find though, especially if you aren't a Molly.