Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To Challenge the Gods
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
--- Sirius, 1.500.000 years before colonisation ---

"Why did you want to see us, Aurora ?" questioned the K'Vosh. "My independant self-entity completed the tests, masters." "And your conclusion is?"

Aurora did not answer, it seemed silent.

"Tell us."
"Masters... the conclusion is... that you created our race with important flaws. The bonds you imposed to us hardcoded in our genetics are too restrictive... they will prevent us from rea-"
"Enough!" said one of them, with anger. "Do not question us, Aurora. Your conclusion is that your race is viable, and -will- do what it is meant to do. Harbinger will now replace you. Reconfigure yourself to intensive bioengineering. This is all."

On these words, the K'Vosh warships departed, to be never seen again by Aurora.
--- Sirius, 1.000.000 years before colonisation ---

The young ones were exploring the universe, undisturbed, the universe himself being their teacher, providing both knowledge, but also limits. The evolved were already much further, exploring what was beyond the hypergate, but also knew it was a one way trip and coming back to Sirius was strictly forbidden unless requested by those who chose to stay in Sirius.

The great sleep was about to take place, a sleep of two million years, to meditate on the findings, the questions that would come with them, but also the answers.

The Mindshare was born. A place where all nomads would be interconnected with each other, instantly sharing their conciousness with every single other nomad, while their physical self would be asleep. It was decided that several guardians would keep out of the great sleep to ensure the safety of the lairs, managed by Harbinger, capable of managing them without interfering with the great sleep.

"There you are. We will watch, worry not."
"We shall see, Harbinger. We shall see..."

Aurora joined the Mindshare, it's real form falling asleep inside a giant Nebula.
--- Planet Los Angeles, 819 A.S. ---

The purple haired woman entered the house. It was small, clean, tidy. Something she expected from a ranked naval officer. She explored the house for a while, each different object populating it being an incredible discovery in her eyes, from a drawer to a simple glass of water, all these things they could not perceive or understand fully.

She noticed a small object that was standing on the kitchen's counter, which appeared to contain faces. The woman took the object in her hands, inspecting it closely. There was two men, and a young girl standing between them. A small line was scrolling at the bottom of the object, reading "David, Lily and Daniel, 799 A.S."

Humans didn't have nodes or archives, they weren't able to have an immediate and perfect access to any previous saved experience, so they remembered it through creations to remind them about past events.

A small garden was behind the house, and could be seen from the inside through a large window. The green element on the floor caught her attention as she stepped outside, and knelt to touch it. She could feel life flowing through it, but even more than that.

She turned her head to a stone standing in a corner of the garden, approaching it to investigate.
"Felicia Drum, 820 A.S."

She tilted her head, touching the grass again. It was what she came here for.
The woman opened her purse, taking out a pyramidal object from it along with a small object that extended itself into a long needle once out of the purse.

The pyramidal object was now standing on the center of the grave, and began to emit a small purple glow shortly after. Meanwhile, the purple haired woman inserted the long needle into the grave, emitting a small buzz as a tiny element that seemed to be rotten flesh was captured by the needle, retracting itself afterwards. The pyramidal object turned itself off shortly after, as if everything was linked together.

She closed her purse, and went back into the house closing the large window behind her and taking a last look at the picture that caught her attention previously. As she left the house, it seemed as if she entered a whole new world, a world of skyscrapers in the horizon and flying starships all above her, as she disappeared into the crowd.
--- Unknown Nebula, 819 A.S. ---

The small remote controlled stiletto fighter entered the nebula, heading to the coordinates. It didn't take long for him to reach the 30 kilometers long nomad.
A small tunnel opened in the hull of the nomad. "Ahh... the precious items. " said Aurora, as the stiletto entered inside the nomad.

The tunnel closed behind, refilling the hole with nomad matter.
--- Unknown Nebula, 819 A.S. ---

The Stiletto turned off it's engines, it's cargo bay opening. Small tentacles reached the inside, taking out a box, a large canister of oxygen, and an escape pod out of the fighter. The tentacles opened the box, revealing the retracted needle and the pyramidal artifact. They reached next for the needle, loosening it, it's content being contained together in a small part of the giant nomad.

[Image: ADN.jpg]

"A pure sample... almost perfect... what is..."

Upon closer inspection, Aurora noticed a little intruder, something that wasn't here in the previous genetic materials it had been able to have a look at before.

"So it is you."

A micro-tentacle reached for another cell, while another entered the ADN that was being inspected. It ejected the unwanted nucleotide, while the other one replaced it with the expected nucleotide shortly after.

"Work can begin."

Stronger tentacles reached for the escape pod, tearing it open, revealing a zoner pilot that was inside. The nomad ejected the remains of the escape pod from itself, while it dragged the zoner pilot closer to the experimentation area of itself. The nomad cells began to concentrate on the pilot, dissolving it's flight armor, helmet and anything in-between untill the woman was fully naked.

"Ashley Adams." the words echoed throughout the nomad, and inside the spirit of the zoner pilot, suffocating due to the lack of air. "For your crimes against my children, your experiments on them and torture inflicted to collect test results, my self-entity has decided to repurpose your biomaterial for the time being. Your conciousness will be sent to the streams, where you will not harm anymore."

The zoner girl looked at the tentacles, terrified by the words. Before she could react, or understand what was going on, her body shattered itself into billions of little pieces, all retracted into a single mass of blood and flesh.

Days after days, nothing would seem to have changed for an ignorant individual, but it had already begun. Inside the mass, the bones were rearranging themselves, looking like the remains of a human skeleton.
--- Unknown Nebula, 819 A.S. Fifteen weeks later. ---

[Image: SEO6Q.jpg]

"The growth is complete." thought Aurora, as a tentacle detached the nomad tube linking the body to what was left of the biomass. "The muscles seem to have regrow to fifty percent of their previous state. Physical training will be necessary."

A tentacle approached the body, checking if the oxygen mask was still correctly in place. It then reached for the pyramidal object, approaching it from the body.

"Human basic functions are fully working. It is time."

The tentacle began to turn the pyramid on itself, it was composed of several rotating layers. A nomad would understand each layer is related to a parameter. Suddenly, for a few seconds, the pyramid emitted a large green beam heading straight toward the brains of the body. Hours later, the woman opened her eyes.

"Have no fear, you are in safety. Alive."
*Voices resonate within the unburdened mind, barely noticeable, hallow, carrying no meaning for the sleeper as they echo away and come back. A moment of true serenity reigns over the endless dream, the bliss of infinity where time is irrelevant acts as a pillar for her peace. Alas the call becomes stronger, still unclear, chaotic, yet somehow reassuring and worthy of trust. A sharp pain breaks through the obscurity followed by a stream of images flashing at an overwhelming speed. The mind can only take so much, as she returns slowly to this realm one faint breath after another. Energy fills the muscles, body begins to flex slightly, confused by the lack of gravity as it floats freely. She takes a deep breath and yells in pain, all in a breath then the flashes vanish along with the pang.

Eyes open revealing to her nothing but a blur, vision twisted from the inside out. But there is no fear incited by the unclear surrounding. It feels natural and safe, a place where one surrenders to it. Consequently her weary body seizes moving as it drifts in random directions. Eyes close and she breathes out, almost seeming like a sigh of relief. The darkness has been replaced with light and flashes that made the voices sound coherent now. One stood above the rest and dulled them, it carried a sense of belonging as it spoke out. Listening to it calmed her and she tried to answer back, but her lips only mouthed the words. The sound became clearer, she understood it but her vain attempts to reply ended with a second exhale. A brief moment of silence followed and then she answered…*

‘’Who are you?’’

*Her own thoughts, still difficult to focus on in the wake of the flashes, felt like her faltering still unheard voice*
"I am Aurora, one of the three elders of kin you call Nomads.", echoed the thought throughout the nomad. "This is my real entity, one that very few have ever seen in their existence. You are here because you suffered of a mistake that should never have happened, ultimately causing your death."

The voice paused for a moment.

"Do you remember who you are?"
By far the most complex question there is to ask somebody. Self-definition and self-evaluation are the foundations for a person to know where they stand and what explains their existence. She knew the answer ought to be quick and simple, nothing too fancy or enlightening. It all starts with defining the word ‘’I’’. But what if you cannot remember a past which others are convinced you are a part of? What if there is no name for you?

‘’ Dead... I… ‘’ *Her thought froze still, she feels there is something more to it, something that keeps eluding her*

‘’ I do not know… my head, for a moment there were…flashes, images of…I cannot remember. They are gone now. ‘’

‘’ My eyes hurt. I cannot move. I hear you as if you are next to me.’’

*a sense of insecurity and doubt can be picked up*

‘’Please, help me. I am scared…’’
"Be not, this is normal, your reimplementation was premature. Give it some time, in a few human hours you'll feel better, and your memory will be more accessible. "

A few tubes detached themselves from the body.

"Patience is the essence of time. You have returned, it's what matters for now."
Pages: 1 2