Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Corentin Brothers Limited
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
***INCOMING TRANSMISSION***
***RECEIVER: [CBL] Headquarters***
***SUBTITLE: Signup Application***
***ENCRYPTION: Civilian Security Level***

The name's Charles McDabb, I was born 23 standard years ago on planet Denver, Colorado. My father used to be an independant transport pilot. He flew an old, ramshackled freighter - a Rhino. He was often taking me on the Sirius wide trips. After many a long haul - he was often away from home for months on end - he managed to scrape together the credits needed to get me on a cheap flight training school.

However, one day, I received a message from a group of Bounty hunters.

My father had gotten into trouble with the Xenos, as he was heading home from a trip all over Sirius. The Xenos ambushed him right outside the gate from Galileo to Colorado. Fortunately, the group of Bounty Hunters arrived. At least, my father thought it was fortunate. He was wrong. The Xenos knew they were outnumbered and outgunned, and decided to take my father hostage.

I've never seen him since.

As I grew up, I decided to become an independent pilot, as my father was. I don't want to make the mistake my father made, however. I'm not flying alone.

That's why I'm here. I'm here to apply. There's safety in numbers, after all, and I believe you can offer that.

***TRANSMISSION TERMINATED***
:: Incoming Transmission ::

[Sender: Alan Corentin]
[To: Charles McDabb]
[Subject: RE: Signup Application]

Charles McDabb,

I have to say you took me by surprise with that story. I'm sorry for your loss. Anyhow, I don't believe we've met. I assume you saw one of our recruitment adverts back on Denver?

We can always use more pilots, both in our security forces and as transport pilots. However, I do need to know this before I can accept your application: exactly what kind of training did you receive? What kind of ship are you most comfortable flying? Transports, fighters - a bomber, perhaps?

Oh, and do be aware that we have a fairly neutral stance towards Xenos. They're not exactly our friends, but we'd rather not have them as our greatest enemies either. We can't have you shooting them on sight in our name.

-Alan Corentin

:: Transmission Ended ::
***INCOMING TRANSMISSION***
***RECEIVER: [CBL] Headquarters***
***SUBTITLE: Signup Application***
***ENCRYPTION: Civilian Security Level***

My flight training covered most aspects of Freighter, Transport, Fighter and Bomber piloting. I'm most comfortable in fighters. However, I'm willing to work with anything you throw at me. It's your choice which tasks you assign me to, and thus which ship would be most appropriate to use.

Your affiliation with Xenos doesn't bother me at all. I'm not seeking revenge, but as you might have guessed, you won't find my attitude toward them friendly. I'll have my way around these situations.

***TRANSMISSION TERMINATED***
:: Incoming Transmission ::

[Sender: Alan Corentin]
[To: Charles McDabb]
[Subject: RE: Signup Application]

Charles McDabb,

Someone trained in such a large variety of ships is more than welcome. We can definitely use skilled fighter pilots for our security forces. Do you already own a few ships you could fly CBL's colors in, or will you need to purchase new ships for this purpose?

It's good to hear that you're not after revenge. You had me worried for a bit there. It'll likely get a bit uncomfortable should we run into any Xenos, but let's be honest - it always is uncomfortable.

Consider yourself hired.

-Alan Corentin

:: Transmission Ended ::