Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Port Talbot & Jackson administration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: FfU0D.png]
Good day to you all. I am speaking on behalf of Reapers of Sirius with intentions to consult you about two colonies of yours. Our ships ussualy meet in Omega 3 star system which might have been reported by your side for some time now.

At first most urgent matter for us, Port Talbot. We are aware about 10k exclusion zone around the orbit however Sprague is natural landmark beteen Freeport 1 and Douglas station from where we depart to Edge Worlds. What we ask for is to include our IFF within your plantery defenses so we can operate and pursue our targets freely without risk of "friendly fire". Our targets in area include all varieties of undesired elements, what in house space are called "unlawfuls". Corsairs, Hessians, independent pirates and hostile aligned paramilitary organisations that are threat to civilian traffic and overal well being in Omegas. This will extend to protection of Talbot, whether in case of attack upon your property our patrols will be able to assist.

Jackson however, according to talk I had with one of your transport commanders, suffers from morale drop and increase of costs related to keep colony working. Year ago, our patrols noted presence of jumphole leading to cluster of stars within Bretonian border. If proven true, this might have be a solution to Dublin blocade. I already sent out scouts into Omega 50 to find jumphole again. I cannot guarantee anything, it could have already destabilize or move to another location.

There is only one thing I ask for more. Put few good words for us in Bretonia if you can.
[Image: 2IraP.png]

Afternoon mrs Valkrie,

I have indeed seen and heard of your organisation and we're very happy with the work you do in the omegas, protecting and securing us civilians.

I'll cut to the chase, during the last SAGI and project team meeting we've discussed your request. We can not honor it at this moment, security in and around the zone will continue to fire on all vessels that do not have the security papers. We understand that this will harm your operations when in pursuit of hostiles around Port Talbot however, the guns will also continue to fire on them. The Armed forces Liason officer is willing to put in a good word for you if you attempt to improve your relations with them directly.

With regards to Port Jackon, we're highly interested in any alternate route that you are able to find. My own exploration teams have been dispatched to find alternate routes themselves but so far the only safe way to get goods to the colony is by a long deep-space flight. Our trade captains hate the run but they will remain on the route for the time being.

If we can assist your recon operations in any way, feel free to respond through this channel and we will attempt to honour these requests.

Kind regards and in service of the Queen,

Richard Farbridge, OBE
Exploration and security manager
Bowex
[Image: FfU0D.png]
Scouts have not found trace of jumphole, which means it has collapsed since last discovery. Anyway, said connection used to link Omega 50 and what Bretonian starcharts call 'Poole'. There are several ways to reach Omega 49 however most of them are now blocked or are too dangerous, from which two known to be controlled by Mollys. Most suitable and safest (gives best chances however it is nowhere close to safe by corporate standards) way which we use ourselves leads all around Bretonian border. There are no flight hazards besides asteroid and eventual piracy activity if sticking to recommended course of action. Light cover is best for the job, to scout ahead and keep flanks covered. Test recon flight along the route will give you an idea how to perform convoy succesfuly in this environment.

Omega 3 (D7) - Omega 5 (D3-4)
Omega 5 (F5) - Omega 47 (E2)
Omega 47 (B4) - Omega 49 (3G)

Omega 5 does not give much of a choice. While asteroids give suitable cover, eventual convoy will be passing through either Corsair or Hessian turf, where their forces struggle in between their staging points. Both entrance points are located on opposite corners of their frontlines. Best bet is circling all around contested zone, instead taking short through "Hammen" hole. None of the sides expect civilian traffic besides their own logistics.

Omega 47 is big edge world, contested again by Hessians (controlling galactic north) and Corsairs (galactic south). The only relative safe area is Al Aaiun asteroid field on south edge, used historicaly by both sides to stage major offensives against each other. Unfortunately this is nowhere along the way and nearly entire way leads through open space. Suggesting sticking to west edge.

Omega 49 is straight run to Gran Canaria. Capabilities and strenght of Corsair patrols in area are most likely known to you already.

Omega 52 has been rejected, convoy will suffer cassualties if not loosing every single vessel along the way.

Omega 50 is no longer an option, Poole jumphole destabilized, 52 entrance is too dangerous for traffic.

As for Port Talbot, I guess your policies will soften with time. Perhaps we will be able to reach agreement another time.
[Image: 2IraP.png]

Afternoon mrs Valkryie,

I've had my people take a look at the proposed route and even hired an untracable freelancer to scout the route out for us and the entire security board found this route unacceptable due to the piracy risks and I can't seem to get our insurance company cover the risks...

We thank you for your actions and support in finding an alternate route to Port Jackson. For the time being we will use the deep space route. Whilst the route takes much longer the costs involved in insuring these ventures is much lower.

Coming back to the Port Talbot question, feel free to remind us of your request as soon as the full construction of the base has been finished. Once the operation makes planet fall we might be able to accomodate your request.

Kind Regards,
Richard Farbridge, OBE
Exploration and Security manager
Bowex