Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Project "Dragon"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
To: Cpt of the "Dragon"
Subject: Your ship

I have some green tea ready. Waiting for you to come over to have some.

Arny out.
========INCOMING TRANSMISSION========

To: Arny, S.A.F.
Encryption: S.A.F. internal communication channels.
Location: Rheinland Space, Experimental Battleship Prototype "Dragon".
Source ID:Cmdr. Eric Hoffman

Why, thank you. You always knew my tastes. I'm definitely gonna visit you, but it may not happen in nearest future. You see, things became a little more complicated then we expected, lately. That kusarian blockhead disinformed our HC about origins of the "Dragon" and now, it seems, they think that we actually stole a Kusarian Battleship fron an active duty.

Can you believe that? I mean yes, incompetent Liberty fools, by some only God-knows-how-that-happened miracle managed to lose one back then (I still find that story hard to believe), but now they're accusing us of doing the very same thing... well, to be honest, I'd be glad if we could do it. I mean, steal a fully functional vessel. Wouldn't need to waste 10 years on that baby.

Ah, yes, almost forgot. Tell herr Braumann that "Shark" will be ready to run it's first trials soon. But I'm not sure when we'll be able to field it for an actual combat testing, since we run out of cloaking devices. Sending it out to the field in it's current state would be too risky. The Guild won't like it either.

But seeing how Liberty Forces are deploying Mako battleships, I bet we'll have something to bargain about.... how do you think, should we inform Admiralty beforehand?

Anyway, hope to see you all soon... if I won't have to initiate 13th Protocol.
With that in mind, would you, please, stockpile some MOX and supplies? You know, just in case. (hope it never comes)

Eric.
========TRANSMISSION TERMINATED========
To: Eric
Subject: Mox and all the corporate bull

Yeah, i've heard the commotion about your Project. It raised quite a poop storm. As for the MAKO used by Liberty, I have witnessed it myself and yes, we should inform our superiors about that. As have heard that you were assembling the ship from scratch, so there is no way you should "freeze" your project. I am sure we could discuss this matter over something stronger.

Arnie.

EXTREME PRIORITY.
Encryption: MAXIMUM, S.A.F. internal communication channels. Erase after reading.
Location: Rheinland Space, Experimental Battleship Prototype "Dragon".
Subject:Protocol 13.

Tell Braumann that it happened. What I feared most. I can already imagine their next steps. With that, I have no other choice but to follow 13th protocol. They won't take away my baby, that's for sure.

You already know the plan, in general. While you read this, I've already left our Fleet's staging point and heading towards one of asteroid fields or Deep Space. Sorry, can't give you the details over such channel, no matter the encryption. I'm going to use supply stashes we've been preparing for such a case. You can contact me by sending out encrypted transmissions into the open space, with our sophisticated hardware we'll pick em up.

Now, few thoughts about Weissman.
No idea why that freak keeps insisting on giving away a ship with such amount of Rheinland technology in it. I'd understand if he'd order me to disassemble it and use these materials for the construction of outdated, but not overly expensive and still reliable heavy vessels, but THIS? "Give it "back"?!!!!" "It does not matter whether it was rebuilt with Rheinland parts or not" ?!! Really?? He also absolutely ignored all the propositions I gave him to reduce this conflict to a local level, avoid diplomatic damage and keep the project alive at same time. I don't know if it's a treachery or an idiocy. But, the idea of such a blockhead making his way into Admiralty position is too unrealistic, so that's why I'm going to assume he's not that stupid and is actually working for someone. Someone other than Rheinland.

Keep your eyes on him. I have no idea why Joachim trusted him (or did he? I was away during the power shift), but there's something very wrong about that man.

Yes, also, hide "Shark". I'll come after it sooner or later. There's no way High Command, the way it is now, should know about it before we can field test it. In case they'll be asking anything, tell them that everything has been running under my jurisdiction, and so I'm the only one who got the information on project's whereabouts. If you'll be coming up with anything else, do not inform the H.C. about it.

We have plenty of support in the rest of Secondary Fleet, I think. With Liberty at our gates and the best cloaking hardware we had left being installed on my baby, that will definitely make their job in tracking me down near impossible. I'll still be appearing from time to time to help you in this war. Until the situation gets resolved.

I'm going to send a reply to the High Command tomorrow, once I'll make it sure they won't track me down no matter what.

Ah, yes, here's the picture from today's trials in Omega 11, the last official ones. Don't you think that it looks like if it was born here? How wonderful! Though, the camera drone had to work in low resolution mode due to extreme radiation affecting the hardware, unfortunately.
[Image: th_screen26-1.jpg]

For the Fatherland!
Stay vigilant.
Eric.
Subject: Today's assassination
Encryption: Maximum level

Wow, Eric, I am soo glad that you are alive and made it out of that trap. Judging by the evidence you managed to produce, your baby was pretty badly damaged. I am glad it did not fall apart. Those stashes are ready for your use, incase anything like this will prevent you from resupplying at the stations or you will be cut off by the assassins from landing and repairing. If you need any materials, supplies, electronics, anything, let me know and I will see what I can do to repair your ship. I don't know what is going to happen next, but i guess you will have to watch your back for the killers masqueraded as our own military pilots.
I am still not clear on how to react if I will be in your vicinity and you will come under attack. What are your thoughts? I am thinking that those Primary Fleet Pilots are not well aware of the situation and are being manipulated by a mastermind.
Also, while you were going through the "peaceful negotiations", we had another succesful mission against our enemies, too bad you missed the battle, although there was nothing major going on, nothing major for your strategic skills.

Anyway, Eric, I am glad you are alive and well.

Arnie out.

>>End of Transmission<<<

Encryption: MAXIMUM, S.A.F. internal communication channels. Erase after reading.
Location: Outskirts of New Berlin System, Rheinland Space, Experimental Battleship Prototype "Dragon".
Subject:Supplies

Thanks, I'm fine. More or less. That bastard almost got me. I was such a fool to believe the "officer's word". "Major Sittlingen want to talk to you and ordered us to look for you. Talk, no shooting.", my arse.

By no means, under no circumstances you should involve yourself into that mess openly and risk yourself, your crew and the rest of the Fleet. Tell that to Braumann. I'm not okay with the idea of shooting fellow citizens because they do their job, either. I hope there were no casualties onboard of Weissman's vessel (if I penetrated his shields. Can't recall... everything happened so quickly. Still, I'm a little worried about possibly hurting innocent rheinlanders)

So here's the plan. What I need you to do, is to leave specialized jamming and communication equipment in the stash No. A-131. Devices JMR-1041, JMR-1045E, ACP-X3, adjusted to work exactly on S.A.F. vessels and possibly on ships of other Secondary Fleet commanders that will agree to provide loopholes in their EW defense grid. These should be adjusted to work on your targeting software and scanning equipment, if the need arises, and prevent you from significantly damaging my ship. I'll be using them in case we'll find ourselves in a situation where you'll be ordered to fire at me by some "loyal" Primary Fleet officer. There won't be any suspicions, since I was the head of R&D of S.A.F. Definitely could've taken something like that with me.

As for communication equipment, I'm planning to keep my eyes on internal Rheinland Military network. Criminal database and that kind of stuff, you know.

Still not sure about Weissman, though. About his allegiance, I mean. Looks like he's playing his role really well. A role of overly-stubborn high ranking officer with tunnel vision, ignoring all and any opportunities and becoming enraged when someone openly goes against him. I've seen such folks in the staff before. But still, I can't believe it's the only reason. Especially with how he was acting all that time.

Also, I'll need some high-yield anti-matter charges. Just in case I'll need to utterly annihilate the ship, and prevent it from being captured by hostile forces - such jamming equipment with all access codes should not get into the hands of an enemy, Libertonians especially, at any cost. Hope it will never happen, but you know me - better safe then sorry.

How do you think, how large the Bounty is going to be?

P.S. Ah, yes, and some green tea please, as well. Too sad I won't meet and the rest of staff any time soon.

Be careful,
Eric Hoffman.
Subject: Requested equipment
Encryption: Encryption: MAXIMUM, sent towards approximate direction of "Dragon's" location.

I will make it short, friend. I will need 2-3 days to get the requested equipment and to relocate it to the stash. Green tea is given, of course. As for the bounty, my educated guess would be somewhere between 15-30 mils. It all depends how badly they want you.

Arnie out.

>>> End of Transmission <<<
Subject: Requested equipment (2)
Encryption: Encryption: MAXIMUM, sent towards approximate direction of "Dragon's" location.

Eric, i just got a word from a couple of my guys,the requested EQ has been delivered. Let me know if everything is ok and if you need anything else.

Also, just like you expected, there's quite a number of captains and commanders in Secondary Fleet that, while they can't say that they support your cause, are not eager to shoot you on sight."

Arnie

>>>end of transmission<<<

Location: Outskirts of Hamburg System, Rheinland Space, Experimental Battleship Prototype "Dragon".
Subject:Supplies

Thank you, we've picked them up. As I'm recording this, my technicians finished installing most of the equipment. Now, I'll be able to meet you on the front-lines soon enough. Be sure to have some MOX ready, we're running low on it.

Everything is going slightly better then I expected. Originally, by that system-wide transmission, I intended to take all the blame for the project on myself, showing that Government has nothing to do with it and that they actually tried to solve it by any means necessary. It would, in theory, guarantee that Kusarians won't hold them responsible for what happened. Rheinland can't afford severing it's relations with such an important ally.

Second objective was to deal a blow to Weissman on political level. While I'm totally sure that his relations with Kanzler and Bundestag in general are quite solid, and even such a failure won't be able to severe them, I've managed to give his opponents some cards to play, in the future, and raised questions among the rest.. Wouldn't plan for anything here, though.

Now, what was completely unexpected for me, is that all kinds of lowlifes, especially Unioner and Hessian terrorist groups openly expressed their thoughts on this one. And the way they did it.

They played perfectly into my hands. Now there should be no doubt among Military personnel and civilians that I have nothing to do with those. (like if there could be any, after the spring campaign against commies). If you combine it with our actions against Libertonian Navy, it'll definitely bring questions. Questions and doubts. For example, grunts won't care for high matters and geopolitics. Grunts do care when some blockhead in HQ is trying to rip them off a promising technology that will help them to win the war and stay alive at same time. Same will go for some officers. I think we'll be able to get even more support in Secondary Fleet, in the future. Though, it'd be better if Oberkommando accepted our proposal at the very start.

P.S. I wonder, what Kusarians are doing?

See you soon,
Eric Hoffman.
From Arnie
Subject: Keep me informed
Encryption: Private message, Eric's eyes only.

Eric, i am glad you got the equipment, I hope it will help you to keep alive. Also, keep me informed on what is going on with RMs hunting you and how is your project going. I went to Baden Baden the other day, got me some nice bottles of exotic drinks. Perhaps we should meet and discuss your near future over a nice cocktail. You get the chasers, I will provide the entertainment.

>>>End of Transmission<<<
Pages: 1 2