Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Transmission to The Junkers Congress: Subject: Congressman Markus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: TB2.png]

Message Subject: Markus Rixus
To: The Junkers Congress, Arbiter Jack Crow, Deputy Arbiter James Trenton, and all Congressmen.
CC: Jason Bates

Greetings Congressmen

I fear for the worst for Herr Congressman Markus Rixus.
Shortly ago we received a long range distress call from Markus's Flagship, .:j:.Stooge_Omelette. It was very distorted and only lasted a short while before the signal was lost, with it we received his flight logs for his current journey to Gran Canaria.

I knew it would be best to dispatch these logs immediately as to which course of action is to be taken. I'm worried about dispatching crew to the current system in case they come to the same fate.

I'm uploading the logs now, I have looked over them and they have me quite perplexed, he appeared to mentioned a Jason Bates as well. I have sent them his direction as well.

Give us the word and we can dispatch scouts and rescue crew to Omega 49. I hope that he may still be alive out in the deep of space.

Bornholm Depot, Omega 15

Attachments: Markus Rixus Flight Logs:

Markus Rixus Log 783 Wrote:"Argh... I always despised making these darn captain's logs... Heck who wants to know about a smelly old Junker that only looks after himself and maybe his crew sometimes?"
He smiles a little, sighs and then continues on.

"Alrighty... Markus Rixus here recording down another fantastical ordinary adventure taking darn supplies to Gran Canaria cause people like cigars and money..."
Background laughter is heard from crew members and Markus fumbles with the controls in front of him.

"Quiet ya'll... Anyway everything is looking darn crystal clear here. Engines running fine as usual and those fuel leaks appear to be all fixed. Thanks to those Rheinland Engineers at Bornholm."
A bleep noise is heard as Markus switches on the Intercom to Bornholm.

[Image: screen48edit.png]

"This is Markus Rixus to Bornholm. Initiating Ship Flight No. 12783.... All Systems are Green. Catchya Fellas Later."
A faint reply from the Bornholm Dockmaster is heard "Roger Herr Rixus. Gut Luck out dare."

A low rumble is heard as the ship's engines come to life. Markus looks up. "Set her to Omega 47..."

Markus Rixus Log 784 Wrote:Whistling and the low rumble of an engine is heard. "Hmm darn radiation... I reckon one day that Neutron Star is gonna blow up or somethin..."
A bit of laughter and faint voice is heard in the background "Hah...That's not how they work..."

"Ah shut with your physics..." Markus replies, he appears to sit there staring off away from the recorder. His eyes begin to widen.
"Oh what's that yer sayin?... not gonna blow?... Well unless somethin has been added to these cigars, I'm pretty sure I'm seeing some fireworks over there."
More laughter is heard.

[Image: screen49edit.png]

"Alrighty make a turn to Omega.... what's it called again... 39? Eh that one Bert. Looks as though that Neutron Star is acting up... Best give her wide berth."
Markus yawns... "Heh tough job fellas... Put yer glasses and some radcream on... Don't want to make up an excuse to yer wives if you come back red as a lobster.

Markus looks back at the screen then frowns.
"Oh is this darn recording junk still on?... Gah I hate seeing this stupid dev... ***BEEP***"

Markus Rixus Log 784 Wrote:The video log starts off with a bit of static. Again engine rumblings are heard in the background and the rough voice of Markus is heard. "...Hmm whenever you need to use this darn recorder it never works...."

The video flickers into colour bringing Markus Rixus into full view. He seemed to look troubled. "Ah that's better. Alrighty Captain Markus Rixus, Congressman blah blah and all those details and such reportin' here. We've received some S.O.S from some pilot in Sector E8 of Omega 47. It came to us just as we pulled out of nebula surround Battleship Fez. We didn't seem to get much in terms of details for this poor sod only a location and... " He pauses and looks around then back at the screen. It was obvious he was worried about something.

"Just a location of his where bouts. I'm gonna try and send these logs back to Bornholm just so they know what's going on. We're ahead of schedule anyway so we have time to go find out what's happened..." Someone calls out his name faintly in the background. Markus looks over to his left and nods.

"It seems we've got something dead ahead... I don't like the look of it..." He sighs and rubs his temples. "We gotta go ahead, don't have much of a choice." He looks back at the camera.

[Image: screen50edit.png]

"Detecting a Strange Anomoly ahead where we've received this distress call... It seems quite far off can't really say how far. In fact I've been through this area of space a dozen times and can't recall ever seeing it." Markus then nods then announces in an awkward tone. "There's nothing else left to say."
The video feed switches off.

Markus Rixus Log 785 Wrote:Static was playing for the first few seconds and then a distorted image of Markus appears on screen, sweat was glistening on his forehead. Shouting, the hissing of gas and heavy rumbles from an engine could be heard in the background and the recorder appeared to be shaking.

"Keep fighting it!... We've gotta try and break free of its pull!" Markus shouts out off to his left. "Ah its working!.. Bornholm I've feared the worst has come and we may not make this one out alive!" A loud explosion is heard and sparks are seen flying out of dislodged cable behind him.

[Image: screen51edit.png]

"We're getting pulled in! Pull out! Darn it! Send out a distress call! MAYD***STATIC**...CRR" A couple of voices are heard shouting. "The close range comms array is blasted sir!"

"We've lost engine number 3!" Another crewman is heard shouting out.

"Damn it!..." He face grew tired and sad almost showing he'd admitted defeat. "Alas... men we have no choice to but to hope we can pull through now..." He looks over to his right. "We'd tear ourselves apart if we keep this up any longer. Turn off the engines.. boost power to the shields, ditch all power to weapons if you have to. Isolate all weak parts of the ship and try to contain us. Don't let any radiation leak in and melt us.... We can only hope it may wormhole us through..." He looks back down at the camera, the shudder begins to lessen but static becomes more apparent on the screen.

He begins to talk again, the voice more distorted than before. "I dunno if this will reach you folks... But I have to admit that my men and I are going to our Doom.... Heh it was quite a journey I must say. But all good things simply cannot last. I'm sorry for the wives, partners, friends and family of these brave men. For some they are veterans and have been long time crewman for me, others it is one of their first adventures. Alas we may survive... we can only be optimistic at this stage."

A bang is heard and few sparks fly out, Markus continues on unperturbed. "This is the final log of Markus Rixus, I currently had never considered writing a will or caring much for what happens to my estate. Since my parent's death long ago, Marrion, my sister and I have never been in contact, I want her to know that I have always been happy for her fortune to find a loving and caring husband and to raise children. Jason however... " He chuckles softly to himself. "I know you've had troubles with him, remind's me when I was a child. Anyway I haven't got much time. This will be my last will and final testament of Markus Rixus. All of my assets and estates are to go to Jason Bates. Every penny, everything. A Red Jack to you Jason." He smiles. "He shall take my place as Congressman." The ship shudders and a loud creak is heard.

"Another few more minutes and we'll enter the event horizon sir..." A crewman calls out to his left.

"Very well... Well I haven't much time, I want the congress to know of this, Bornholm. Dispatch this directly to Puerto Rico. Let them know the news. Arbiter Hawk, Deputy Arbiter James Trenton, it has been an absolute pleasure to be under your command these last few years. I know at times I may not have always been there, but I know Jason my heir will not let you down."

The screen distorts even more and the visual quality begins to break down. "Come on hold out a little longer...Ah good. This final message goes out to the other congressmen I have served with over the years. Don't ever let others bring you down. Look after one another and together you'll... " A loud crash is heard. "Gah... I'm terrible at making up speeches. Heh, Power, Profitability, Security, Freedom, this is what makes us and I am proud that I have lived to become who I am with you brave women and gentlemen, to die as one, to die as a congressman! Farewell my Brothers and Sisters! Markus Out!"

The visuals break down into a turmoil of static and hissing and the video log ends.

[Image: TB_END.png]
[Image: feUU8.png]

Thank you for bringing these recordings to our attention.
Based on what you've sent I must say I feel as you do and fear the worst.
You are clear to launch scouts and whatever you need to locate Markus.
Be careful out there Markus Rixus is a skilled captain and if this thing has lead him to his doom.
Then the risk is high and we must exercise extreme caution.
Report back your findings.
[Image: TB2.png]

This is Jason Bates replying...
This news of my uncle has certainly caught me by surprise. A man that I have never been in touch with or heard of until this morning. I do hope for his sake that he is out there...

My mother had never mentioned anything about her brother before. I always knew there was something more to her side of the family.
My uncle Markus I'm sure was a good man. I have yet to discover more about him, perhaps over the coming days I can look into records and details about his life. I know there's something that isn't entirely right about this whole situation.

With your permission Arbiter James Trenton, I would like to go in search for him myself. His collapsed estate hasn't left me much unfortunately but over the coming days I feel I should be capable of getting myself suited with better gear. A Combat Service Vehicle he's left for me is capable of doing small tasks like collecting scrap parts around Liberty but I wouldn't dare venturing out to the Borderworlds just yet.

I'll be awaiting a reply.

Jason Bates

[Image: TB_END.png]
[Image: feUU8.png]

Roger that Jason.
It's good to meet any member of Markus's family.
We are just as concerned as you are about this.
Once your ready you have my permission to search but do not trust in hope.
Those areas are extremely dangerous and your uncle was very capable of handling most anything.
His skills and equipment would snatch victory from the jaws of defeat time after time.
If he has fallen it was at the hands of something powerful.
Perhaps later we can discuss your uncle's seat on the Congress.
Contact me when your search is complete.