Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: All Freelance And Private Transport Pilots
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: 136512-stock-photo-man-face-black-dark-m...l-hair.jpg]

Good day.

I am in need of a pilot that's capaple of fulfilling my desire to move goods of a certain interest to me and my trading partners, to places I am telling you.
Of course I am implying that these goods, for some reason may be considered illegal, contraband or highly questionable in ethnical or religious terms by authorities or not involved parties.
I am therefore looking for a pilot that got the guts to not question my or my clients motives. I am looking for a man or woman that simply gets the job done.
As you might've noticed, this message is private, as is your response, yet I need you to know that I send this message to a whole lot of other pilots moving cargo out there.
What I want you to do in order to make me like what I see, is to trust me. Your life and your ship depends on that trust and I am asking for not more than that.
In order for me to trust you however I demand a full biography of you, a full detail list of your ship(s) aswell as a well written application.
I hope I do not need to remind you that I am not looking for a brainless puppet. You will face situations where your talents in diplomacy is needed aswell as your piloting skills.

Oh, and before I forget. I will let you handle some missions that're profitable on it's own. Fullfilling them will get you nothing but a chance to work for me.
The hand picked winner of this "contest" will be rewarded with a small amount of let's say 100.000.000 Credits and a contract to further work for me and my clients. The payment is top notch.

If you agree to everything said, send me an application of yours.
I am waiting for your replies.

~ X.
*Encrypted Direct Reply Transmission Visible Only to Sender and Original Transmitter*

My Dearest X,

My name is Addison Savage. I am a Junker captain and the CEO of Savage Salvage, Incorporated. My crew and I fly a customized Salvage Frigate with plenty of nooks and crannies to store all sorts of goods (and occasionally people) out of sight and out of mind of the authorities.

If you want my background, I may or may not be a veteran NCO of the Liberty Navy-Xenos wars and my crew may or may not consist of other former soldiers, ex-cons, and whiz kids who needed a way out of their dusty home planets. We joined the Junkers after getting sick of the whole affair and built our lovely ship from the ground up. Since then we've been taking odd jobs and in between mining scrap out in the Sigmas, shipping it to some friends of ours in the Omicrons, then bringing back historical Artifacts our way back out to the scrap fields. We don't ask too many questions and we've never failed to get the job done. If you're looking for someone who knows how to work out a deal, rest assured that we've established good relations with all sorts of folk, including both sides of long-running pirate wars.

Let me know how we can get this ball rolling.

Sincerely,
Addison Savage, Junker
***Incoming Transmission***
[Image: stock-footage-man-in-shadows-speaking-on-telephone.jpg]

Comm ID: John Anderson
Target ID: X
Subject: Work

Greetings X,

I am John Anderson , Captain of a Border World DL Series Transport, and Commander of a Loyal crew to me and my Employers. My ship is ready to traverse any space and any danger posed for by a the contract provided by you and your Clients, no questions about the Cargo asked. I am a Freelancer, and i am good at my job and talking my way out of "sticky" situations. You ask for trust in you and your Contract, and in return i ask trust in me and my Crew to get the Job done. A Biography of me will be attached to this transmission.

Code:
Name: John Anderson
Birthplace: In Space on his Fathers Trade Vessel, Kepler
Parents: Jake Anderson , Maria Anderson

Biography:
Born aboard his Fathers trade Vessel, the "Mystery", John grew up flying all over Sirius, accompanying his father through many of his deals, some of them shady, other with respectable traders in the houses. His Mother always did the shopping while they were docked, he stayed aboard the ship and waited for their return. The business was running fine until they met a group of Pirates one fateful day in Cortez. The ship was boarded and John hid in the cargo bay. When he returned to the bridge he found his parents were gone and the crew was dead. The ship was floating towards the sun, panicking and never having flown before , John grabbed the controls and saved the vessel. He returned to the nearest base where he knew they were before and got the ship cleaned and ready to go out. He taught himself how to fly and took on his fathers contacts and contracts, making himself a reputation and name with the vessel's new name "Death's.Embrace". He works as a Freelance trader, taking on any job with an acceptable profit, no matter the risk or Legality.

I hope you find this acceptable enough as to my background. Just know my crew is loyal to my orders and the contract. No Questions asked. You give me a destination and the cargo, and it gets there.

I look forward to hearing from you again X,
Regards
Anderson

***Transmission Terminated***
RECEIVER ID: "X"
SENDER ID: "Nebraska Jones"

[Image: z0781.jpg]

Hey, Mr. X.

So I've encountered this message of yours which says that you're lookin' for some pilot to transport stuff. So this is what I'm doing for food at the moment.

Papa gave me a name of Nebraska in 787, Pittsburgh. Weird name though. My mom died while tryin' to push me out into this world. She gave me life and I'll always be grateful for that. However, as for my father... he "hooked" on booze, probably because of sadness, and in 800 A.S. he ended up his miserable life for good. Pistol blast into head. I've finished my years of childhood in Pittsburgh St. Mary's Orphanage. In age 17 I've decided to join Liberty Marine Corps. Even if I still hate my father for bein' a damn drunkard, he still tough me some things he knew - fixin' and workin' with mechanical stuff. So, I've decided to move on with these skills and use them in Navy. So, since age 23 I've been working as deckhand in some battleship I can't remember. In 813, when I was 26 years old, I've got rank of Petty officer, second class. Then the war touched me. In 814 battleship came in clash with other Rheinland battleship. They've tried to seize the ship, so we were overwhelmed by the huge count of Rheinland marines. This is where I've got shot and hanged on the edge of life for the first time. Fortunately, I was saved. After that I've dropped all that "marine business" and started to work as mechanic in all kind of stations. I've changed my workplace one after another and at the end I've realized that working at all these buckets of crap won't help me financially. In 815, while playing poker somewhere in the edge of Sirius, I've managed to win my first ship - an old and dirty "Dromedary". I have to admit, that thing looked like a holey bucket floating in space rather than a spaceship. However, in passage of year I've managed to fix it and make it look flyable at least. I've started working as a hauler for small companies or miners, later on - started to take some smuggling works.

So, as I've mentioned before, I'm flying with a bucket some people call "Dromedary" (what the heck that word means anyway?). Why I'm not buying somethin' bigger or newer? Well, probably because of lack of creds. However, smuggling with small ship rather than some big-ass space tanker with the size of damn moon has some pros. It's harder to spot, harder to shot, harder to catch up.

Why you should choose me? Well, I'm not that kind of person, who's looking for a problem. Or at least organize them... I always finish my work, do everythin' to make sure that it'll be done with quality (and love). And because I need goddamn creds.

Cya, boss.

~ Z.

END OF MESSAGE.

Mister Savage, Addison.

I am sorry for I was mistaken. I am not looking for a group of people with morals and alignments, I need a pilot whose only loyality belongs to me and my clients.

I apologise for causing any inconvenience.

~ X.

//==================================================//

Mister Anderson.

John Anderson, is it. Whenever I hear that name I think to myself that either the whole story is a huge lie or there's a single John Anderson filling in ten thousands of documents on the Net.
Nontheless you sound like the person I might want to hire in about ten years when you've got enough experience to survive at the places I would send you to.

I am also not interested in hiring an orphan with such a shady history.

~ X.

//==================================================//

Miss Jones.

Nebraska, is it. Interesting sort of bio, yet I wonder why to trust you. Ex Navy, broke, maybe one day you'll stab me in the back. Not that I would ever offer a chance to. Yet your last sentense made me rethink my choice. Except for the credits part. That, now is really not a problem anymore once you're flying for me, so why mention it? You don't seemto trust yourself, do you? Perhaps a bad ego, might come in handy when there's a need to hide. People without a spine tend to find the best placeso hide.

Miss Jones, I have three simple questions for you, consider them as first part of a test.

First Question: Would you ever betray a hand that once payed your bills and if so, what would it take to make you betray that former employer?

Second Question: You just won a lot of credits that could buy you anything you ever desired. What would that be?

The third question is a hypothetical one and not thought to be a detail of what I am wanting you to do.
You're in Tau-23 your hold is filled with a couple of artifacts. You get stopped by an Outcast patrol.
Part A: How do you get out of that situation?
Part B: The Outcast is none to have a reasonable discussion with and is about to open fire and most likely kill you or cripple your ship. A Corsair shows up and offers a hand via private comms. What do you do?

I am expecting your reply, Miss Jones. Don't make me regret talking to a pilot of your age with that few trading skills.

~ X.
To Mr. X:

I'm not sure what gave you the idea that my crew or I had morals or alignments. Maybe you were listening to someone else's transmission. Certainly not mine.

-Addison Savage, Junker

Mr. X,

Well, it's a bit disappointing that my bio gave you an idea that I'm spineless. What made you think like that? Maybe I don't have financial spine, yes. However, it took me a long time and efforts to finish where I am now. Believe, doin' this when you're from orphanage isn't the easiest way. Maybe my withdrawal from Navy tells you that I'm spineless, untrusted and weak. Think whatever you want, X, but that was my own choice because I felt that's not the place I belong to. Sorry, if my tone is a bit too harsh, but I just hate when people think things like these about me, no matter how much they do offer for me. I hope your opinion about me will change sooner or later.

Now, lets talk 'bout your questions.

First of all, I'm not sure what you think "betrayal" is. If you're talking about "stabbing in the back", I see no reason of doin' this, unless I'll realize you're planning to do it first for some reason. If you're talkin' just about leaving you... well, I don't see any reason of doing that as well. Probably the only reason would be the lack of respect. I have a simple life rule: respect and be respected. If I sense that you're using me as puppet, I'll be forced to say "farewell" for all our businesses.

Honestly, I have no idea. Probably, would fix my bucket or change it to somethin' better and buy a gun. Oh, and I was dreaming for breast enhancement surgery, because my chest is flat as plank. Probably got it from my father. What else people do with money... maybe, invest somewhere?

Now the third question. I hardly imagine myself being stopped in Tau 23. I've made some Gallic-Sirian smuggling through T23, and noticed, that "Dromedary" feels like a fish in ocean in these asteroid fields. However, if for some reason I'd be stopped, I'd do anything to escape them. Probably, using my tongue first, secondly - the engines and countermeasures. And if nothing works - asking for help in all comms, and if some good Samaritan comes to help me, leave him alone with sniffies and get the hell out of there before someone else decides to scan my cargo hold. And 'bout that 'sair. He can help me, if he wish. If someone offers you help - always take it. Maybe I'll give him some creds for that as well. Karma and stuff, you know.

I hope these questions will do. At least I'm honest.

Cya, boss.

~ Z.

END OF MESSAGE.
Establishing secure link...
Verifying...

x,
Having received your message, I have decided to reply. I'm Neil Dirkson, the captain of the Capital Gains, a borderworlds DL transport. The turnover rate on my crew is high, but I have a few I try to hold onto: Aft gunners are a dime a dozen, but a good cook? Worth his weight in gold.

I was born on Planet Texas, went to New London to go to University, dropped out, picked up a shit little CSV, and I've been building up from there ever since. I've got no ties to anybody, and I'm loyal to no one except the folks who pay my bills. What crew that's permanent I try to keep alive, and they're loyal to me for that reason.

The only real power in the universe is money. It may not buy happiness, but it buys battleships, guns, and favors. If you pay as well as you say you will, then you won't see any trouble from me.

From
Neil Dirkson.

Exporting packet...
Message sent
Close Frequency? Y/N
Closing frequency...

Miss Jones,

spare me private details. I am not interested in breast implants. Specially not yours. The fact that you however seem to not know when to be quiet bothers me a bit. Can be difficult at times.
But I might have a mission for you that might suit you perfectly.
About your answers..

Question one was about betrayal. I was hoping you'd tell me something along the lines of "I'll betray anyone unless the payment is big enough." I am not worrying to score an own goal here, you'll find no one else who's paying as good as I am.

Question two.. except for the implant part, a good answer. Investment is always a good thing if you do it right. A bigger ship would've been the perfect answer.

Question three..
Part one.
There's something thatsomeone like you will have to know. There is nothing that money can't fix except for one thing. You'll learn that one pretty soon though.

Part two.
Was a dead end. I was checking your geographical skills. There's no Corsair in Tau23. Never. The idea of throwing someone else into the fire while retreating is a bad answer. Weigh the odds. If he dies and you get away, everything is good. If the Outcast dies, you'll have an angry Corsair that might ask you one day about that day when you just left him alone, saving your own skin. There's a thing that money can't fix, remember? It's hate!

I will let you know about your first mission, soon. Keep this channel open, Miss Jones.

//===============================================//

Mister Dirkson

Your reply makes me wonder. You studied, that makes you smarter than the most of the current applicants for this job. Yet you report about a high fluctuation in your crew. Fix that. Find a crew that you and I can rely on. Pay them well so they don't leave.
If you've achieved that, call me back. Interesting reply so far. Short but... I was never looking for details that don't matter.

Mr. X,

I'll be waitin' for the objective. And thanks for choosing me, you won't regret it.

As for implants. I just answered your question, that's all. I think being honest is the best way to show a respect. And as for Corsair... never say never, Mr. I've seen plenty of types in places they're not supposed to be - Daumann in Gallia, Liberty Police in Kusari, Rogues in Omicrons and lots of other stuff. Space is a complicated place, and sometimes geography doesn't tell all the truth.

I'll be waiting for your message. Have a nice day/evening.

~ Nebs.

END OF MESSAGE.
Pages: 1 2