Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Drunken Junker
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
[Image: DrunkenJunkerAdvertisement.jpg]

Announcing the Grand Re-Opening of
The Drunken Junker Pub
La Fortaleza Station, Puerto Rico System

-~-
Junkers, smugglers, pirates, and other 'undesirables' will find warm welcome here
Consort and relax in comfort with the finest selection of hand-crafted Ales, Stouts and Porters,
as well as imported libations, spirits, and smokes.
Accompanied by a menu of only the finest in culinary delights,
both rare and exquisite, prepared by the best chefs in Sirius.

-~-

[Image: DrunkenJunkerBarAlyciaOpen.jpg]

-~-
Your crews can find respite in an eclectic and hospitable atmosphere,
in a decor that only the Junkers can put together,
blending the modern with the antique,
the far off frontier with known space.

-~-

[Image: DrunkenJunkerStaff.jpg]

-~-
Away from prying eyes, and in the finest tradition of Junker discretion,
our patented sound-dampening tables are the perfect place to conduct sensitive business.
While you sample the finest Cask-Aged Whiskeys available,
our Cargomasters will swiftly expedite even the most sensitive of cargo transfers, repairs, and refueling.

-~-

[Image: DrunkenJunkerGambling.jpg]

-~-
Looking to get off the grid, lay low for a time, or just raise hell?
Our docking and billing databases are Lane Hacker-guaranteed Ironclad.
Your secrets are safe here.
This is what we do. Let us do it for you.

-~-

[Image: DrunkenJunkerProprietor.png]

Congressman Tyber Zann
Proprietor
Tyber reached up and made a slight adjustment to a picture behind the bar. Alycia smiled warmly "Opening day jitters?". He smiled self-consciously and nodded. "I'm a bit nervous, I've never done anything like this before". She laughed knowingly and began pulling shot glasses from under the bar and placing them in a neat row before her. "Edward, gather the staff love" she said to the barman as she began filling glasses with whiskey.

Once the group of men and women had assembled Alycia handed a glass to Tyber and gestured the others to take up their own. "A toast" she said, then lifted her glass. The others followed and she winked playfully at Tyber, "boss?" He smiled broadly and lifted his glass. "To The Drunken Junker". A cheer went up as everyone tossed back their drinks. "Dekker" he called to the enormous bouncer, "bars open. Let's do this".
*Over the loud speaker at La Fortaleza an announcement is heard.*
Claymore.O'Gordon you are clear to proceed to dock.

*The Congress flagship lands in the newly enhanced docking bay.*
The captain Robert Murphy turns to the crew and says..
Roight men... I kno' ya all've ben busy eva sense we start'd jump'n. So Oi wantcha ta hed on ova to tha Drunkan Junka and ave a bit o'fun. Folla me an Oi'll buy tha firs' rond.

The crew cheers as the elevator door opens and everyone enters.
It lowers them down to the platform and they all make their way to the Drunken Junker.

Approaching the front of the bar the doors open and Alycia is there to greet them.

"Welcome folks we are honored to have ya'll! Come right on in"

The motley crew enters the pub and begins pulling up seats at the bar.
Murphy stops and talks with Alycia..
Well naw.. who mite yoube luv?
"My name is Alycia. an your name sir?
Tha names Robert Murphy capt'n o'the Gordon
She looks amazed as she says..
"Oh wow I know Tyber would be most pleased to see you here sir! Here follow me I'll take you over to the Congress executive lounge."
She turns and begins walking towards the back of the bar.
Murphy studies her sweet physique as she leads him to the private entrance.

Oi can tell tha' Tyber relly kno's who to hire!

She giggles slightly and opens the door to back room.
"Here ya are sweetie. Let me get ya a round of drinks an I'll let Tyber know your here"
Tyber was at the storehouse when the announcement came in. Anxious to join his friends he nevertheless needed to finish the inventory. That last run of food to the starving Maltans had been both satisfying and profitable. The items they'd brought back, now filling the cargo bay, would do a good bit to recover the cost of setting up the Drunken Junker.

Working his way through the crowd to the bar Tyber scanned the room for signs of his friend, Murphy. Alycia waved him over and placed a bottle of whiskey and two glasses in front of him. Nodding toward the Congress lounge she called out "Captain Murphy's waitin in the back"

Murphy had a small crowd of girls from the club gathered around his table, wide eyed and smiling, clearly enthralled by the story he was sharing. Tyber sat across from him and caught the tail end of it. Laughing, he poured a glass for each of them. "How's life treatin you brother"?
Murphy looks up to see Tyler sitting down. Arms wrapped around two of the women with a smile on his face and a wink in his eye he says..

Tyber o'boyo! Tis gran ta see ya.
As fer life rite naw she's treat'n ma well.
Oi relly loike wha' ya dun wit da place.
Drinks ar cold, women ar hawt an I'm havin a ball... yah!

Standing up he lifts his glass and says..

A TOAST!!
Le's toast ta da best dam bar dis side o'Sirius!
The party continues along and the drinks are pouring freely now. Toasts go around the table and loud roars and cheers are heard as more entertainers take the stage. Murphy is fully engaged in telling stories and ordering rounds for the multitude of women at the table. Just as he is mid story the comms device on his belt powers up and projects a holographic image of James Trenton sitting in front of him. Looking at everyone else around him Murphy says..

Oight oight simma down naw I gota ta'k to da boss 'ere.
Seeing the glowing image hovering before them everyone gets quiet.
He listens as James orders him and the barges back to Alpha.
The communication ends and Murphy looks around.
Yelling out loud he says..
Roight list'n up mates.. If'n yar wif me den you's be hedin out naw!
Everywon bak to da Gordon!!

Junkers chug their ale and down their shots as they stand up from their chairs. Each one falling in behind Murphy as he heads for the door. As he gets to the exit he turns, looks back and says..

It's ben fun yah! Oi"ll be bak soon naw.
As the crowd of junkers made their way out Tyber followed, stopping briefly to tell Alycia he'd be going with em. "Is it always gonna be this way?" she asked as the bar virtually emptied in a matter of minutes. Laughing he replied, "That's the way we do things darlin. Boss calls, we come a'runnin". A quick hug later and Tyber was rushing off to catch the others. "I call dibs on Collector!" he called out as he broke into a jog toward the bays.
[Image: Ariphes-1.jpg]

Late in the cycle, a lone repair ship slides in to dock. There are weapon scorches all along its hull and traces of radiation burnthrough. There is just enough paint left on the metal for the words Wayward Jackal to remain legible.

A woman with tattoos marking her face disembarks from the battered ship and strides confidently up to the bar. Her ID reads Ariphes Kobold

"Bartender? Give me one of your house drafts. I'll be at table 12."

The combat knife on her belt jingles against a metal chain. Next to that is an empty holster and a spanner wrench dangling from a quick clip. Oil stains are visible on her hands.

She slides into the booth, making sure she is facing the door. The bartender brings her mug and she takes a long swallow. She glances around; the place seems pretty dead. Then here eyes move back to the door, just in case someone else comes along worth talking to.
"Hey barkeep? Bring me another one, will ya?"

Ariphes walked over towards one of the walls and began admiring the decor. Not many bars went to the trouble to make one feel at ease by filling the place with miscellaneous trinkets and photographs.

Absent mindedly, she began muttering to herself.

"That radiation's gonna kill me one day. Need to find a better line of work. 'Course if I had a better scanner, I wouldn't have to fly so far into the blasted thing. Oh! Frak. I forgot to get that turret repaired, didn't I."

She moved to the other wall and continued her browsing. The bartender brought her beer and she tipped him.

"Mara's blessing! I'm down to my emergency fund, aren't I?"

She moved back to her booth and sat down, both hands cupped around her mug.

"I hate loan sharks, but... No! No, no, no, don't you dare start goin down THAT road. No."

She takes another long gulp and starts filling out some paperwork.
Alycia noticed the young woman muttering to herself over some paperwork. Subltly catching Alfreds attention she cast a glance her direction. Alfred smiled sympathetically and gave a slight shrug of his shoulders. He didn't know her, but they saw she had much on her mind.

Approaching the table Alycia smiled warmly, "The fella's have been workin a big job lately so it's been awful quiet. It's nice to have someone new to talk to." chuckling she nodded in Alfred's direction "He's a great listener, just not much of a talker"

Smiling politely, the young woman nodded, acknowledging her but not saying anything.

"If you're hungry I can have chef make you something. He's really good"

The girl's eyes betrayed her interest, but quickly she looked down and muttered "No thanks, I'm .. I'm fine"

"I was just about to have supper myself and I hate to eat alone, if you don't mind a bit of company I'd love to treat"

The girls eyes brightened a bit and she nodded, "I guess I could eat a little something. Thanks"

Punching instructions into her datapad, she introduced herself as she sat down "I'm so glad you accepted. I'm Alycia. So, what brings you to our little corner of Sirius?"
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9