Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Unusual dinner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Personal transport of minister of defence landed only minute ago, but guards already isolated whole teritory around landing port.
Her visit was unexpected, but even in such situations her assistants showed professionalism and car was already waiting.
Woman in grey cloak left ship and slowly walked to car, two guards were walking behind her.
Another woman was waiting near by. "Konnichiwa Kirihara-sama" she started " What are your orders?"
"Konnichiwa Kiko, I have dinner in Nobu in 30 minutes, it would be very rude if initiator going to late"
"Hai Kirihara-sama, one moment"and she signaled to car.

25 minutes later near Restourant Nobu.
Administrator of Nobu was already waiting for her.
She left the car and in the same moment he rushed to her.
"Kirihara-sama, as you asked VIP room ready for you and your guests *he took a pause* they didn't come yet"
"Arigatou Kouno-san, let's proceed then" *she didn't showed it, but she was happy that all going well so far*
I hope our meeting will end as I planned she was thinking, meanwhile walking to VIP room.
Upon entering room she told to waiter "Bottle of best wine, I'll be waiting my guests in the room"
Her guards took position on entrance, and she started to wait, slowly drinking wine.
Nagata had been analysing and absorbing incoming information streams, the tactical centre with its endless torrent of navigational data pouring in had been his most frequent haunt lately. He had managed to tear himself away reluctantly to deal with the bureaucracy of command: a task of his missing predecessor which he did not envy.
The bright Tokyo daylight was almost a balm to him after days without natural light. Here in the richer high-reaches of the towers, light was much more plentiful than the grimy lower tiers – which were sunken in shadow. He slowed his descent, allowing himself to linger a few moments longer than necessary.
She had chosen a decent place, Nobu was famous for its black cod and miso, he assumed it would be Junyo cod and anticipated the meal hungrily. He handed over his side-arm to the guards on the door, entered and made a short formal bow. “Minister Misaki” he said in acknowledgement “our need is great and time is short, would you prefer to wait for other guests or should I proceed?" he paused briefly "Have you already ordered? I require nourishment.
"Admiral Nagata, it's good to see you here."she stopped"I didn't ordered yet, only bottle of wine for myself" she took a sip of wine
"I would like to wait for others to start our little conversation, but you shouldn't wait for them to make order "
She barely finished her sentence as door opened and another admiral entered room.

Hagoromo slowly entered room, her blade as always was with her, but it only graced view of her in uniform.
She bowed "Minister"paused for a bit "Admiral" She took her seet and started
"Unfortunatelly Admiral Hijikata won't make on this meeting, he sends his appologies"she paused
"And as I can see Ryoma didn't come yet, I hope you won't mind if I'll drink something"she turned to door "waiter, bottle of wine " took a pause and looked at minister "same as ministers"

The guard studied the stranger with a suspicious look as he was heading towards the restaurant.

The fly-suit he was wearing was obviously of the model used by the Naval Forces pilots.
Yet, he couldn't see any indication of his rank on it.

The pilot, walking swiftly as if he was late, didn't seem to have the intent to make himself known while entering in the luxury restaurant.

Raising one hand, the other one already put on the butt of his side-arm resting on his belt, the guard said with a resounding voice :
"Halt! This area is restricted. Identify yourself."

The pilot looked around in quite an unkind way, as if he was disapproving the security cordon around the restaurant.
He finally gazed neutrally at the guard.
"I'm waited inside."

"You are one of the bigwigs' subordinate?" questioned the guard as he was taking a better look at the fly-suit.
"Yes." prosaically answered the pilot after a short moment of reflection.
"Well. I'm sorry, but you will have to wait them to be done"

"Hm." He observed the guard for a short while and reluctantly took a data-pad from a pocket of this suit.
"Please check my identity."

The guard's expression changed abruptly as he was checking the biometric data stored in the data-pad.
"Oh! Honorable Sir! I'm sorry. We weren't expecting... I didn't realize who you were in that... Uniform." apologized the guard while saluting the pilot.
"Hm. At ease." neutrally said the man as if he was irritated by this sudden change in the guard's behaviour. "You are only doing your job."

As the guard wasn't stopping to salute him, the pilot repressed a sigh and modestly asked :
"May i come in?"

~~~

"Please accept my apologies." said Sakamoto as he was subtly bowing at the three persons sitting at the table.
"I was deep inside the Taus border when your message reached me."

He sat up while gazing neutrally at the Admiral Nagata. The two men had their share of clashs in the past, and Nagata's decision to abandon his superior did nothing to quell the relations between the two men.

After a short while, the two men softly lowered their head as if they were recognizing each other's position.

Sakamoto then looked unkindly at the Admiral Hagoromo, who just seemed to have come in order to enjoy some pleasant time. Not like the woman seemed to care a single bit about his opinion either way.

"I will simply have a tea, please." he said to the waiter quickly showing up.

Then, the admiral remained silent, letting his superiors speak as he was observing the group.
Nagata opened his mouth as if about to speak, then his features shifted to display his internal choice to change what he was about to say “You have all seen the recent rise in tension with Liberty and Rheinland, I believe we have to best prepare ourselves for the worst eventuality. At the least I foresee tariffs on liberty goods increasing, which will affect our import of firearms.
As you may be aware, the failed attack on the arch featured a lot of automated, armoured defences. Coupled with the increase in artificial intelligence life-forms and cybernetic beings, I believe we need a specific solution, namely, the Daumann shredder. Its depleted uranium firing mechanism will make short work of any armoured target. If we buy from Daumann, I think we could also make use of their 20mm 1200 series to take the strain off our less muscular officers.

To execute the Sakoku policy we require additional materials for construction and containment of the device. Specifically - industrial scale superconducting magnets, particle accelerators, diamond anvil cells, High threshold Heat-sinks, etcetera.
And of course, to accelerate rebuilding of the fleet we require even more materials, more construction droids, and preferably modular constructed parts, at a greater rate for assembly.
I see all of this as important because, according to tactical forecasts, there is a high probability that there will be an invasion of the core within the next decade. I expect it within the next five cycles. I want our fleet at strength, our contingencies ready, and our civilians armed – prepared as well as possible for invasion.” the mans speech stopped as he observed the arrival of his dish and Sakamotos tea, and breathed deep of the aroma before beginning to consume it eagerly. Whilst eating, he grunted as if requesting comment.
Ah*she started* it was a good decision to listen to admirals without any intermediaries, such as my advisors. They keep repeating that all is fine, but as I can see from your words Nagata-san we have some problems that requires our attention.
So you tell, that Rheniland machines will help you to deal with those problems? If this is truth I believe I can help you in obtaining additional funding for that stuff
*She took deep breath* You should contact our corporations to setup contract with rheinland side.
*she stopped for a moment*
You also rised point about invasion, I believe there are no signs of possible invasion from any of four houses, but if you are so concerned about it, you should make all preparations for worst outcome.
sip of wine and she turned to other two admirals.
Is there anything that worries you two, or something that you believe might help strengthen Naval forces?
Sakamoto tried to start his speech, but Hagoromo pretended that she didn't noticed that and started to speak before him.
As long as I can keep killing enemies there are not alot of things that worries me *she stopped for a moment*
but there is one thing that must be changed, I think* she drank some wine* Unfortunatelly, we lack forward bases, no matter on which direction, be it sigmas, omicrons or taus, and this is making our border patrols not very efficient, if reinforcement can't reach them in time.

So what you suggesting Gitsune-san? *asked minister*
Contact our corporations that have bases on external borders of Kusari and ask them allocate some space for naval forces outposts. They would benefit from our presence in form of additional protection from pirates, *deep breath* we will gain so needed forward bases, and in addition more control over their activities *she drank once again her wine* you know, to keep Kusari safe from our own citizens.
Nagata let loose a short dry chuckle at the Kaishos cynical jest. “Hah! Hai, not all of them can be trusted.” he said with a mouthful of food. He swallowed before going on.
Our border patrols are sufficient save for perhaps the galactic north, whilst the idea is admirable, I would not see us spread too thin whilst we are still recovering.
A Planetside base on Tomioka might be our best option for the north, until the government give us leave to relocate the Matsumoto to Rishiri.
Kurile is the only Sigma based asset that could feasibly serve as a base, a sufficiently sized rig should be available for our troops since the planet has already experienced significant military presence.
You all saw how the guild reacted last time we showed interest in the Sigmas, they will not be easily convinced. They may resist or simply delay us indefinitely with bureaucracy.
Nago station would need additional construction, since I believe its space is too limited for naval operations. However Gallia may see this as a threat or insult since is technically neutral space. I would hope that the Nagumo would serve well enough as a base to its bordering systems,
Supplies for construction and maintenance should be moved to Tomioka as soon as possible, as well as a dialogue opened with Samura to include Kurile. Of course, construction at these locations is useless unless defended. This is why I must insist on strengthening patrols in the north.
In keeping with tradition, and for command issues, I believe a battleship must be assigned to each front. Without a suitable replacement, perhaps the Sado could be relocated to the eastern front.
Whilst we are discussing long-term goals, I must ask Minister – has there been any news within the Government about the Gallia-Rheinland summit?