Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Fallen Farmer Returns - Open to AFA members
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The nebula was thick, obstructing almost all vision, but that didn't matter to the pilot of the small Mamuru bomber. He knew the way like the back of his hand. Although it had been a few years, the pilot had supervised the construction of the base he was headed for. Cape Soya was the hidden fortress of the Farmer's Alliance. Set deep within the Hyakughou Nebula, it was the keep of the Alliance, the last fallback position of his Farmers, and from what the man had heard on Kagoshima, he assumed what was left of the AFA high command, and the general Alliance command, would be locked down there on Cape Soya. The unthinkable had happened, the Kogen regime had fallen and a new "democratic" Kishiro backed government had taken it's place. The new government had quickly outlawed the Farmer's movement, and the police and military fell in line with the persecution of those who had boldly defended the Empire.

The man at the controls of the Mamuru was born Naato Togach on Planet Kyushu. As a boy his family grew Oranges. Naato had always had a warm place in his heart for the simplicity of his childhood. Just the memory of his name brought him peace. He hadn't heard the name in so long. Everyone now called him Ze'ev Barak.

Barak's ship passed the last weapons platforms and pulled gently up to a docking bay at Cape Soya. Long ago he had some access codes installed in the docking system programs. In many ways, this was still his home. The docking bay doors opened and Ze'ev lightly touched his ship down.

Most of those stationed on Soya had never met Ze'ev Barak, though most had heard of the man. His unknown ship ID, and unknown codes had drawn a quick response from base security and a squad of armed guards awaited him when he landed. Stepping out of the cockpit, he had eight guns trained on him. Slowly he looked over them and saw the man he was looking for. Aiko Mazuki had been a security officer on Kagoshima when Ze'ev had first helped in the organizing of the AFA. He had been assigned to this base by Ze'ev himself when Soya was first being planned. Aiko was now head of security on board the station, and he was, of course walking toward the knot of men.

"Aiko" Barak said with a level voice. The grizzled security officer stopped short and looked puzzled, he muttered to himself, "it couldn't be," and his face became ashen. Barak looked at him and spoke in a soft but commanding tone. "Tell them to lower their weapons Aiko." The other man stared at Ze'ev for a moment before ordering the detail to safety their weapons. Barak walked slowly, moving to the other man. "Aiko, There will be much time for us to catch up later. But it seems I am late for the battle, and I should speak with those who are left of the Alliance command and of my AFA. Take me to the command room and summon those that I would speak with old friend." Aiko Mazuki nodded and with a quick "Hai" turned on his heels and began for the hanger bay lift. Half way to the lift, Aiko began barking alternately commands and messages into him radio.

Aiko led Ze'ev into a large conference room and asked Barak to wait, explaining that the AFA and Alliance commands were on their way, and that he needed to go check on security, with this unexpected visit already underway. Ze'ev poured himself some water and sat down, centering himself before the rest arrived.
"Kunio , get your lazy behind to the conference room right away"

a voice shouted through the intercom.
Kunio raised an eyebrow and lay the missile shell that he was filling with fertiliser and charcoal down on his table gently.

He looked around his room.
Pictures of his former farm , his family , his beloved lands.
His view then turned further on to the pictures of his beloved old black dragon,
the shed where he made his home made missiles to shoot at the Synth Food freighters bringing their goods to Honshu.

''Cwap food...'' he mumbled to himself.

Eversince the Kogen regime fell , Kunio lost it all.
He was just a shadow of the horrible pilot he used to be.
A farmer by day and a warrior by night , he used all his bravery to defend himself in that horrible event,
trying to help navy forces still loyal to the emperor make their way to bretonia.
That day something snapped inside him.

He saw some of his closest friends getting mowed down by flak ,
and it was a miracle that he made it out alive in his ejecting pod.
Since then he felt empty , void of any pride.
Hiding in Cape Soya fell hard on him , people looked down on him , he could see it in their eyes.
No longer a pilot , he had a ''cwappy'' job now as a cleaner.
He didn't meet anyone from his old wing , and presumed they all perished during that last fight.
Then again , he never did any effort in looking for them , too ashamed to face what he might find.

"I might not be the sharpest knife in the draw, but ... oh who am I kidding" he mumbled.

To deal with his isolation , he took up his old hobby of fabricating missiles again.
He had quite a collection already , but no ship to mount them on.
Still it was useful to him.
It was like he could put a little bit of frustration in every missile that he finished.

"KUNIO SARAWATARI , Report to the main Conference room now and stop daydreaming!!''
the voice in his intercom shouted , this time even more angered...
Ze'ev had waited an hour. He was a bit disconcerted. The men who had appeared in the room were a meager bunch, a few squad leaders, a company head and only two command officers. Of his own Artisans, there were only three or four pilots left. Things were even worse than Ze'ev had imagined. The leadership of the Farmers Alliance had been almost literally decapitated, and his AFA, the strongest organization within the Alliance was decimated.

Ze'ev briefly wondered to himself, how lucky it might be that he had left the Farmers when he did, how he was one of the only Farmers who had even been in a leadership role who was still alive. He realized then that all of it had been for a purpose, and he understood that he had little control over his own destiny. He was as tied to this cause as it was tied to Kusari.

Ze'ev stood up, called the assembled few to the table and hit the intercom button, broadcasting to all of Cape Soya Station.

"Attention Attention! General Announcement!"

My brothers....Some of you know me, and some of you don't. My name is Ze'ev Barak. I served as the leader of the Artisan Farmers Alliance some years ago. As all of us must, I left to follow my destiny, but just as that destiny took me away from my dearest Kyushu, my destiny has now returned me to her, and to you.

In the past, we fought not only for Kusari, but to protect the Emperor, and our way of life. Times change my brothers, today we fight against the government of Kusari, for it is they who have betrayed us, and betrayed Kusari. Today more than ever before, we must be vigilant, for now, we are all that stands between Kusari and the complete infestation of the gaijin. Now that Kishiro controls the government, we have a nation ruled by Interspace and the GMG. It is our worst fears come to light. Not only that, but the sway of the new government has also reached our allies in the Hogosha and in Samura. While they will still do what they can for us, we cannot put our absolute faith in them. The day shall come when they will turn their backs on us. Before that happens, and it will, we must become strong again. We must become strong enough for us to stand on our own. If we fall, Kusari stands no chance.

So I come to you once more farmers and fishermen and craftsmen of Kusari, I come to you and once again ask you to put down your tools, and stand up for your people, Kusari. We must come together, we must rise up, we must remind Kusari of what it is to be Kusari. We will rid our home of these gaijin and thier tendrels. We must pull them out by the root. We will bring Deshima and Roppongi will fall in flames. We will show Kusari once again what it is to be Kusari. Kusari for the Kusari!

That is all for now my brothers."

Ze'ev sat back down and began to assign tasks to the few who were there.