Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To Rheinwehr Oberkommando, From Houston
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
emergency relay detected...
triangulating position...
sector 473-EFI-B1, Planet Houston...
receiving feed...
encryption type beta...

[Image: j4YjGl.png]

Guten tag, this is the Major Anna Koester reporting.

The Carrier under my command, the Ostfriesland was shot down by Libertonian forces in orbit of planet Houston in Texas three days ago after the Libertonians repelled our attack on the planet. When we realised the quite unexpected and uncommon tactic the Libertonians employed, it was already too late for us. We made a rush for the planet so the rest of the fleet could regroup.

Unfortunately, several escape pods were damaged before we could use them, and a small part of the crew has not been able to evacuate the ship. As the ship was being teared apart, we regrouped in the bays and boarded a Ragnar transport.

The Libertonians attempted to shoot us down and damaged the primary engines, leaving us adrift in direction of the planet. The Ragnar's plating saved us through the atmosphere, but I lost almost half of my already thin crew in the crash.

We are less than thirty, with only basic survival kits, very few weapons and ammunition.

I am very well aware an extraction is out of question, however the Libertonians have already found the crash site and will likely search for potential survivors.

We need orders and potential marking of targets of interest.

We will reactivate the mobile relay in five hours from this transmission.

data stream terminated...
=[INCOMING TRANSMISSION]=

SOURCE: Battleship Moselle, Braunschweig System.
ENCRYPTION: High, port RM-GL-Y8-RHK-562

Receiving...
Decrypting...
Opening...

[Image: kurtschfer-1.gif]

SUBMITTER: Major Theodor Wilhelm Falk von und zu Sittlingen
RECIPIENT: Major Anna Koester
SUBJECT: Suggested course of action

Major Koester,
I am sorry for the loss of so many brave Soldaten. However, seeing that you and at least part of your crew are still alive is a fortunate turn of events. Your commitment to the Vaterland, even in such a dire situation, is awe-inspiring and an example for every Soldat of the Kriegsmarine. It is, however, not in my interest to unnecessarily waste more Rheinland lives.

Having operatives planetside on Houston is a prospect that could be utilised in many different ways - there is, in fact, already a plan in the Oberkommando's archives that has been devised for a similar situation. However, this plan involves trained operatives of both Nachrichtendienst and Rheinwehr special forces. I am uncertain if you and your remaining crew will be up for the task in your current situation - you have been through a lot and already proven your commitment beyond the call of duty by sacrificing your ship to allow the fleet to regroup.

I can, on the other hand, try to pull some diplomatic strings to get both you and your surviving crew out of there. However, should you engage in covert operations on the planet, I fear that a diplomatic approach will be out of the question entirely and the Libertonians, when you are caught, will execute you and your crew as spies after thorough interrogation. So please, Major, what is your assessment of the situation? Do you think your remaining troops are capable enough? Is their morale and spirit still unbroken? You already carried out your duties faithfully - that is beyond questioning - I can not ask for more and will neither force a course of action onto you nor your crew.

We will internally discuss the situation further once your assessment reached us. For the time being I advise you stay put and one step ahead of your pursuers. I wish you and your men the best of luck, Major. The Kanzler knows you will need it in such a situation .

Hochachtungsvoll,
Major Theodor Wilhelm Falk von und zu Sittlingen, Rheinwehr Hauptflotte.

Encrypting...
Closing...

=[TRANSMISSION TERMINATED]=