Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Club Abyss, Ibiza Station.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
It had been a very long time since Chenzo or anyone had stepped foot into the private section of Club Abyss, Chenzo's personal club. The bar's and club were always run independently, but those who held large stakes within the Outcast empire all had the niche stake holdings here and there about Sirius.

Upon docking his Sabre into his personal hanger, nothing had changed. An erie sense of nostalgia fell upon him as he stepped out of his ship. He had forgotten about this place. Prior to the many meetings with affiliates, his personal quarters that made up the club was once host to the project that developed the notorious Outcast Inferno, a technology Chenzo later developed further in the form of a codenamed he dubbed The Defiler. Many copies of this weapon had been mass produced since, but none held the sheer shieldbusting power of the guns within Chenzo's possession.

A strange thought passed his mind, this is also where Nuevo Amanecer had also started from.

It seems fete had brought him back here now.

The room he'd expected to find covered in dust or not in existence at all lit up as if he'd never left on his arrival. The doors via his personal hangar lead straight to the chamber where he'd now be meeting Alejandro Harabero, the top man of the only standing controlling faction within Maltese government.

Chenzo walked to take his seat and it raised from the floor in an otherwise blank room just as it had done so many times before. He tried the comms to order a drink. Nothing, just static.

He tried again with the same result. He went to go and check bar side, exiting his personal chamber into the main club to find two puzzled bar staff. He addresses them respectfully, asking if the confusions was based on him trying to contact them. They confirmed, stating it was a line they never knew existed or what it was for.

Chenzo confirmed it is a line to be answered to, that soon there would be the leader of the HS> arriving and they are to be directed toward him.

The bar staff looking confused confirmed all ok before returning to his personal quarters.

Don Alejandro Harabero strode confidently into the the Club Abyss. His guards were on standby, as Ibiza
was a Maltese station. However, due to his position, he was always capable of defending himself.

The Don made his way to a bar, most likely where Vin Chenzo would be located.

There was much to address, positive and negative. All he knew for sure was it will be a long discussion.

Chenzo had been sat pondering how Harabero would conduct himself in person, how accepting he'd be of the very values that true outcasts are based upon for about 30 minutes before the ruffled static came through the speaker.

Barman: "S-s-Sir, there's a very important man here, I think it's the one you said, shall I send him in?"

Chenzo: "No, I'll see to him myself- What you can do however is offer him and his company whatever refreshments they'd like"

Chenzo disabled the comms device and made his way to the bar area. Harabero and his men were being offered drinks.

He coughs as if to announce himself before speaking.

"Senor Harabero, thank you for coming. Once you and your men have been suitably seen to for refreshments, please follow me to my personal quarters, although I'm sure you and I at a joint effort could hand-to-hand deal with any number of intoxicates, the common bar is no place for us to conduct our talks"

Chenzo places what is unmistakeably a Sirius Credit Card on the bar and nods to gesture it's paid for

"Keep the change".

Harabero and his guards followed Chenzo to his personal quarters where he tells Harabero's guards to take a look around, once they are satisfied he's in good hands to wait outside or in the bar, do what they need to do, but this conversation is one man to another and no disrespect tis to be taken by it.

Harabero nodded as Chenzo spoke. He or his men would not be drinking anything. That is not why they came.

His guards take glance around, and after they conducted a quick search Harabero told them to return to the bar. If he had anything to discuss, Alejandro wanted to keep it confidential.

Chenzo.

A stony gaze watched the man while he spoke.

This is it. We are here now, and there is much to discuss.

Upon Harabero's guards taking up their instructed position in the bar, the doors close behind them. The light in the room lowers to a much less intense light as the doors close.

Chenzo: "There's not much to check in here, the room is after all empty, however it has many, many uses and functionalities. Of course, standard tech isn't what were here to talk about"

Chenzo raises a his hand and two sections of the floor slide underneath the rest of the floor & two comfortable chairs rise from the negative space in the middle of the room facing one another. He gestures Harabero to take a seat which he does. The seats are three meters apart. Chenzo takes the opposite seat and speaks.

"Well, senor. Thank you again for taking the time to come. I understand I'm more than likely one of the strangest individuals you've ever come across and I also appreciate my methods to you may be a tad unorthodox, however my methods have always served me well and I'm sure that any 'mixed reputation' that has formed of me that holds negativity is derived from misunderstanding rather than sheer idiocy. I may not be of Maltese birth, but to have served any time within the 101st in my time, the time before I left quite literally was the definition of what it means to be of the highest order of the Maltese nation"

He leans forward

"Senor, I've asked you here to inform you of my plans, their intended direction and of course answer any questions you may have. However, I feel that we should first lay out any concerns or topics for discussion you have to properly approach our talks, I trust this is agreeable? After all, the very fact you have agreed to meet with me suggests you have things on your mind so lets address those first, my plans may become irrelevant afterward."

He sits back and opens fresh pack of smokes before pulling a cigarette and lighting it, as he does so an extraction pipe lowers to collect the smoke, he offers Harabero by gesturing to throw the packet toward him.

Harabero shook his head. He would not be taking any. He listened carefully and processed what Chenzo said. Alejandro relaxed in his chair as he gave the man a look over. His face was neutral and steely, the benefit of so many years moving up the ladder of Maltese society.

I would approve of that. You may lay any concerns or informations you have about me, if there are any. I have seen your work in the field, there is but one thing I find asking myself.

The man shifted in his seat. Perhaps a run down section of Ibiza did still maintain past comfort.

Why are you still so loyal to the Nomads? After everything we have been through. There have several been moments where we have found ourselves at odds with them. Through the expansion of the Orange Dream, the Nomads simply are beginning to... not fit into our grand picture anymore. Their aggressive nature leads us to defend against strikes upon us. While have maintained friendly... interactions? with their species - especially within the Tau regions, they have lead us astray, and abandoned us in our times of need. And as such, some within Maltese society simply do not choose to return further than a cold distance with them.

Alejandro took a breath. His mind visibly working.

Of course, there were some who believed they were still meaning the best for Malta. But none with a voice as loud and clear, until you came.

Haraberos cold face changed to skepticism

But why? Why do you still so highly honor those who have hurt us?

The reason Chenzo liked to speak to people in person was because of how he could read them, how he could read their body language and feel how sincere they are as they speak. Harabero had clearly given this meeting deep thought before coming along. He was not like other outcasts, much more tame and civil in character yet a fire within if triggered. Most outcasts were loud and ruthless with no thought process between action. His mind was not easily swayed by offers more common men would leap for without thinking of the price. He did not need to misslead this man. He could handle the truth.

Chenzo listens to to Harabero very carefully and finishes his cigarette before he speaks.

"Senor, one fundamental of our people, how we began in the Sirius sector was paid for by blood. We did not simply arrive here and everything was fantastic. Our ancestors, and I speak of those who first landed on Malta from the Hispania came about the planet by pure chance. There was no divine being that oversaw it. From that point, the spirits did not kick the settlers out or seek to exterminate them. The spirits, ours are capable of completely taking over ones body and yet, they do not unless such enhancement is requested, deemed worthy. A species so incredibly powerful that they can wipe entire systems out. Generate them, even. Powers of creation and destruction beyond your wildest imagination."

He pauses to take a sip of a strange liquid from a vial in his jacket

"Need I remind you of what happened to Toledo, a decade or so ago? that is but a fraction of a taste of what the spirits are capable of. Why is it that they are not initially hostile to us? They do not attack unless provoked. Each time the Spirits have helped us in the past, in my time before my absence, it was with immense honour we fought along side them. Trust and respect is a commodity squeezed all too thin and the Spirits have grown to look upon us less favourably. Think of it as every elder generation looks at the newer generation and thinks they have less respect, what is truly important lost sight of. Time has done that to the Maltese nation, senor. There are those who have the audacity to rub their gifts in their metaphorical faces by openly cursing them, attacking them. Some even have the sheer incomprehensible idiocy to wish to trade in Xeno Artifacts. These relics our lesser minded brethren the Corsairs throw around for credits is an insult to grounds most sacred. How would you feel to find your great great grandmothers grave robbed by your considered close friend? The Spirits of my time considered us just this, as close friend of sorts.

He lights another cigarette, the passion flooding through him clearly displaying

"For around the past decade, I've been somewhere I wanted to show you. Somewhere you initially perceived to be delusional. Something which started as a mere installation not to far from where Sante Verna is now in the orbit of Carnea. It's an installation which I was instructed to build. For reasons one did not know. Over time, it developed more and more. it's now the size of a planetary city and where my extensive physical resources have come from to build the facility you see in front of Malta today. My personal Sabre along with every wish I'd asked for had been granted, senor. One might add that I sought out interaction with them in the hope of gaining an extra edge on our enemy, their weaponry perhaps. Instead of handing the monkey a grenade, I was lead on a path of discovery. I had to prove myself worthy of powers beyond the reach of man"

He sits back in his chair as he continues to smoke

"Senor, my personal ties with the Spirits echo an honour the past which has clearly been forgotten. My return perhaps timed by those who may be superstitious. More pure happening chance just as the first off the Hispania to Malta. I would sooner skin myself alive than let Malta fall to an enemy like the Corsairs, sooner skin myself alive than allow betrayal to those who are quite literally the reason we get to sit here so freely and talk today. The reason there even is a Maltese Nation. I am not here to scare or warn you senor. The past is the past. You asked me and I'll be honest with you. There's no point in me feeding you lies. Although this is indeed a lot to digest, to take in. it's but a tiny piece of what I wanted to converse with you over. There was a reason the 101st Outcast Guard existed and I've yet to learn why such treason on our people occurred, a civil war? But we are not here to discuss that."

He finishes his cigarette and allows the extraction tube to take it, places his head in his hands briefly before sitting back once more.

Chenzo knew this interaction was essential as Chenzo’s approach on the nation would be ruthless, Harabero on the other hand knew the modern outcasts well.

"Ask any questions as you see fit, tell me your thoughts."

The Don listened to Chenzo intently. It was as if his instincts screamed at him inside. He suppressed them. Intently watching the vial, Harabero wondered if it was simply some drink of sort, or something other. However, he quickly dismissed any thoughts that could lead his focus away. To do so would waste time, which there would be no reason to. After Chenzo finished speaking, Alejandro knew it was his turn.

You know your history well. Yes, the spirits did indeed allow us to survive. Yet, that is the most puzzling and distressing part of this all. Why?
Why did they allow us to survive, when we were vulnerable? Did they not know we were there? Did they not have a choice? Speculation only brings me to the most relevant; would they still do the same if they saw us now?

He remembered to keep his cool and stray away from tangents.

No matter. There is one thing you must understand about Toledo. The Nomads could not have done it if the Core did not weaken those disillusioned "agents". Likewise, did the Gallic's not do the same at Leeds? That system is now a wasteland. The power of the Nomads has now been spread and blessed across Sirius, with the greatest upon us. We are their heirs, and they have become old, grasping for life to cling upon.

Malta is sacred, not the spirits, Not anymore. remember that, this is our home, and that takes the greatest priority.

Harabero took a dose of Cardamine. Instantly he felt better, and was ready to continue on.

The civil war was beyond my time in the Starfleet. Even before my time as Don. The Harabero cartel rose during more recent years, after a large inheritance and alliance with another. I would not be the foremost authority on that unfortunate event.

Alejandro relaxed, finishing his talk.

Now it is your turn to release your thoughts, Senor.

A slight amount of confusion fell over Chenzo as Harabero spoke, did Harabero not hear or take note of the albeit brief description of Nomadic power? Does he not believe it? In light of what Harabero had said, he began to speak.

"Senor, there is no force, even with every armament within Sirius united comparable to even a tenth of the might the spirits possess. Their technologies far exceed anything humans can muster. There are ways and means they go about their intensions, however please don't make the mistake of thinking what the Gaul's did in Leeds is comparable of capability. Leeds is in example of the very tip top of Humans can do. If you might, use this as reference to think of something infinitely more capable, times it infinitely, that's some way to be in the rough ball park of what is possible at the spirits hands, so to speak."

A much lighter and pleasant expression falls over Chenzo's face before he continues

"Let's also look at things more positive in capability, si? So far we've mentioned destruction. Things like trade lanes and jump gates are massive in terms of human technology in creation. Formed from tiny amounts of information they left behind as disgarded and dated technology, considered simple. Yet this is but a tiny fraction of what they can do. Do you understand, senor? One has personally seen things you can only begin to imagine the wonders of - Impenetrable shields, for one, the creation of entire nebula's another. This is but a small taste of their capability "

Chenzo realised he'd gone off topic, on a tangent as he spoke of Nomadic capabilities. He pauses and adjusts how he is sat before continuing.

"You ask why they allowed Maltese ancestors to survive?
The spirits are inquisitive by nature. Cardimine being a bi-product of their doing. Our ancestors learned, adapted and advanced under their watch. This is the only thing which so far for which I'm to speculate on, but our Maltese ancestors were left alone because of what we call the 'Orange Dream'. Genetically, we are the closest thing to them within Sirius, apart from of course those directly enhanced with their abilities.

Would they offer us the same same chance & opportunity if they saw us today and today was their first encounter with us?

I think they would smite down those who were attempting to make profit from graverobbing in the form of Xeno relics and offer chance to those under the orange dream. They are not the violent evil creatures you believe them to be. They are very much 'Action and direct response' beings. I trust this makes sense? I believe that our past with the Spirits is the only reason they have not descended to attack us directly with a crippling force. Our economy is of the largest in Sirius, we need not bite the hand which fed us, feeds us an orange dream.

Malta is indeed our home and that it always will be. As I have stated before, I'd sooner skin myself alive than allow it to fall. It's honour of our foundations which supports the spirits equally senor. I'm glad you have asked me so directly about them, for it's very clear your understanding of their truths is very limited. You've proven so with how you speak.

What I'd like you to work on from this is devise a way of honouring the values which I have presented into the mindset of the Maltese people we have today, best done by law.

1- No grave robbing/ disturbing what our ships scanners identify as "Alien Organisms".
2- No slander
3- No attacks upon the Spirits
4- Enforce the double edged sword of destroying our enemy's economy and returning our favour with the spirits by focusing energy to destroy Xeno Artifact operations.

Make these crimes punishable.
There is nothing more which saddens me than the thought of any Maltese supporter be it internal or external falling in harms way, just as the Civil War in my absence and before your time. Senor, I understand this is a huge ask however I'm bound by honour to insist upon it. After all, less time spent hunting and shooting the Spirits means more concentration on our true enemy's.

You will find for certain that the K'Hara Spirits will no longer have any hostility towards our people, just as in the time prior to my absence. We have a lot to apologise for. This will not be fast nor without it's teething issues, what I've asked for is by no means an impossible task. We may indeed be able to have the honour of fighting alongside them once more to destroy our enemy's.”

As Chenzo speaks, he feels he has conveyed the point well of how the Maltese people have failed the relationship over time rather than the other way around. How the Maltese had been blind to their actions and stumbled down a path of negativity. Chenzo was able to share these truths due to his unique connection with them

Harabero did not seem very convinced at the assurance of Nomad power. He had lived and seen many things of them, from the time they were but a far rumor in the Alpha system to peace to open aggression and war. He had not witnessed such unrivaled power. Surely if they had the abilities that Chenzo had spoken of, would they not be speaking here today? After all, the Nomads had been at war with humanity for decades now.

If the Nomads have such prowess as you say, surely the would have used it by now? Would not they bring their abilities to show and destroy the Core and Order? Yet that is not what we see. Which is what brings me to my conclusion.

The advancements we have accomplished with regards to the technology of the Spirits is incredible. Our Orange Dream is sure to spread, as we are their successors. Combining our strengths to fulfill our domination.

Do not get me wrong, I do not hold any animosity toward the Nomads. Nor do I believe them to be evil. However, they have crossed and betrayed us in the past. Do you not see what has happened to the IMG? They attempt to thwart our plans, and they suffer the consequences. Why should the spirits go any different?

Harabero processed the requests made by Chenzo. This brought a memory of the Starfleets peace deal with the Nomads. Which, he remembered, was disregarded after attacks from the Slomon K'hara in the very Omicron Alpha system they were speaking in. From then on, they assumed the peace broken, and have scarce looked back.

Senor Chenzo. Need I remind you that we did indeed have a... peace? If you could call it such, with them, similarily to the one you are suggesting. That one did not end in flowers and roses. Rather bloodshed. What would cause you to believe this one would end any differently? Enlighten me. I am all ears.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6