Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: A Liberty Story
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Once upon a time in a land far, far away, there was-

Hang on a second, that is the wrong story...

Sirius, sometime around the 800th century...

[Image: Planet_Los_Angeles.jpg]

Born on planet Los Angeles to a middle class family, Sandra witnessed the economic decline and emigration away from the planet during her youth. When she came of age she began working at one of the better hotels that used to be so popular during the planet’s glory days. Many other hotels declined and had to close but the one Sandra worked at was fortunate and could continue business.

However, the time came when Sandra’s parents decided to emigrate as well and invited Sandra with them. She wanted to remain on Los Angeles but she also understood that she might not have a safe future with the current developments and the ongoing water crisis.

So with a heavy heart, Sandra boarded a transport to New York with her parents but at the lane to the New York jumpgate, the transport was intercepted by spacefaring adventurers: freelancing pirates and mercenaries.

A demand was issued but before the transport captain could respond another notice went through the speakers that wasn’t clear English but sounded like “enganingz!!11” before the first shots were fired.
Sandra’s parents rushed to the escape pods with her but as they arrived the ship’s hull was already breaking apart. There was only one space in each escape pod and as her parents realized only one of them would make it out, they pushed Sandra into the escape pod and launched it against her protesting from inside before a mixture of bizarre weapons fired by even bizarrer ships destroyed the transport in a bright fireball.

Sandra witnessed the explosion and prayed that her parents had made it as well but deep down inside, she knew that was her having yet to accept what had just happened.

The attackers, simply and unceremoniously moved off after having destroyed the transport. They left everything in space, h-fuel, food rations, even the escape pods.

For Sandra that was the worst part. She did not understand it, the senseless destruction? Did they want credits? Cargo? Ransom? Still in shock, she didn’t understand those who had just killed her parents and almost herself as well, but when a ship approached, little did Sandra know that the worst was yet to come… Liberty Rogues!

LR pilot 1: ‘hey mate.. look a’tha..

LR pilot 2: Lots o’ stuff n’ debris.

LR pilot 1: whaddaya make of it?

LR pilot 2: dunno, prolly another pirate attack..

LR pilot 1: Damn! We should be the ones to have done that!

LR pilot 2: Yeah! A shame, we really should teach those freelancer’s who’s boss here

LR pilot 1: You mean after we taught the navy, the police, the lsf and-

LR pilot 2: Hey is that escape pod there?

LR pilot 1: looks like it, wanna shoot it?

LR pilot 2: nah, lets tractor, could be a navy or police pilot. That means info.

LR pilot 1: Good point… lets collect the other stuff and head back, eh?
Later at Alcatraz depot in California…

[Image: Alcatraz_Depot.png]

The entrance hatch of the LR freighter opened and the pilot came out meeting with one of the hangar workers.

Hangar worker: ‘ey thar! Caught anything today?

LR pilot 1: Nope!

Hangar worker: Shame…

The other pilot was pushing Sandra ahead of him and down the ship’s ramp.

LR pilot 2: Although we got this survivor here

Hangar worker: I thought ye din’t catch anything

LR pilot 2: yeah, well. We came upon some debris

LR pilot 1: yeah, likely a transport or so. Someone was there first…

LR pilot 2: she’s the only survivor it seemed *he turned Sandra’s head by the cheeks to look at her face* and a real pretty one too

Sandra: *attempted to bite his hand*

LR pilot 1: he couldn’t bring it over himself to shoot her in the escape pod

LR pilot 2: *pulls his hand back* maybe I should have *the man laughed*

Hangarworker: Eh, well, I’ll get to work on yer ship…

And with that the two pilots went to the hangar exit.

LR pilot 1: So, what are we gonna do with her?

Sandra: *paled and her stomach turned*

LR pilot 2: dunno yet, but ahm sure we’ll think of something…

From that day on Sandra, still shocked from the recent events, would find herself stuck on Alcatraz base and while the Rogues weren’t that big on slave trade they weren’t altruistic overlords either.
They figured Sandra wasn’t really useful for them with her mere 18 years of age, in their eyes a kid, a girl still, but with her previous experience at the hotel on planet Los Angeles they figured she would make a good bartender or perhaps even servant during meetings. And they were really awfully short on those...

So in exchange for her life, they had Sandra work for them, at first as a barmaid but the rough-tough climate in Alcatraz depot’s bars quickly turned out to be the wrong cup of tea for this young lady. Fortunately, one of the bases higher ranking officers took a liking to her and had her cater to the guests at all kinds of meetings and banquettes instead, where she did decisively better than in the station bars.

However, he wasn’t the only one and during one of the meetings with their outcast neighbors, one of the crime lords took a liking to her as well and used her as a bargaining chip in a negotiation. The Liberty Rogues, who did treat her gentlemanly enough (more out of amusement than altruism - the Liberty Rogues actually treated Sandra well enough, as an act of parody towards the lawful Liberty) felt the deal warranted it so they handed Sandra over.

Her dismayed protest of having been promised her life back was met with “…nay honey, we promised to let you live, that’s it. And we kept our word.” and a grin. Which, strictly speaking, was true.

Dismayed and feeling betrayed, she was loaded onto the outcast freighter and shipped away through Liberty. But as if it was this very fate that had watched it all and decided to be kind yet, a Navy patrol stumbled on the outcast freighter.

Needless to say, the outcast crime lord knew that his time had come regardless whether he surrendered or not and fought like there was no tomorrow. And for him there wasn’t, the freighter soon went up in flames and the navy ships tractored in the remains, among them, again, ironically, a single escape pod: Sandra.

They flew her to planet Manhatten and set her free there after a few cautious interviews for information (which revealed nothing they did not already know, the Liberty Rogues were careful not to speak of sensitive information when Sandra was around). So with nothing but her life left, Sandra wandered off the space port of this outwardly shiny metropolis of a city. What should she do? She had nothing left and despite even the worst bar of this planet likely being better than Alcatraz depot’s bars, Sandra was not entirely keen on ending in any dirthole again.

She exhaled while she walked out of Manhatten’s starport when the flashing lights of a sign caught her eye in the distance: Navy Recruitment Center

In that moment many thoughts raced through her head. Life, death, endings, new beginnings..revenge and vengeance.. security and safety.. family.. it was hard to make sense of it all but all of the sudden, this sign advertising such an unlikely choice for Sandra looked a lot more promising and she decided to go and take a look… a look couldn’t hurt right?
In the year 819 A.S, Westpoint Military Academy

[Image: 20090426144851%21West_Point_Military_Academy.jpg]

This year's graduation ceremony had just begun and Admiral Mathiew Evans was stepping in front of the graduates in order to address them.

"Good morning troops,

I would introduce myself in order to remain true to form but I am sure you all know who I am."

A brief snicker went through the ranks of the freshly graduated students at the humorous introduction but then the admiral continued.

"... so lets skip that part. We have gathered here today to honor and introduce this year's graduate students of the proud westpoint military academy into active service. Thats you by the way."

Another brief snicker went through the rows of the students but then the Admiral continued.

"You may wonder why I am standing up here being all humorous. Well, the answer is not one you are going to like. And that is true for a lot of things in your future. In fact, this may very well be the last bit of humor you get for a long time.

You are, as of this day, officially recruits to the Liberty Navy. You are the first and last line of defense against both threats foreign as well as from within. You, recruits, are Liberty's strong arm when the wretched pirates and criminals of sirius reach out for us to harm our innocents and our people.

And this job, recruits, is going to be ugly, messy and demanding on you. It may even cost your life at some point."

There was silence in the room for a moment.

"But it is also a very rewarding job. When the people of Liberty, the families and children look to the stars they see peace, safety... they see a future. Because your ships are patrolling the borders of Liberty and keeping these people safe.... keeping their Liberty safe."

More ponderous silence filled the room until the admiral broke it once more.

"And before I am boring you all out of your shoes, I will wish you well, recruits. Take care and don't get yourself killed out there, we have no use for dead pilots.

Dismissed."
[Image: 220px-Flag-liberty.png]

Reassignment Orders

Pilot name: Sandra Rivers

Subject: Reassignment Orders

Congratulations, recruit. You have successfully graduated from Westpoint military academy and are now officially part of the proud liberty navy. Therefore, your duty assignment awaits you, this transmission is your reassignment orders.

Report to Battleship Mississippi in the Texas System at 08:00. After assignment to your quarters, Commodore Dane Caruthers will assign you to your squadron and relay further orders.

That is all, recruit.

(signed)
Navy High Command
Battleship Mississippi, the next day...

[Image: Battleship_Mississippi.jpg]

Commodore Caruthers sat in his office and reviewed the files from the latest transfers towards the Mississippi. It was the time where the west point academy students graduated so he naturally expected more files than usual. A mug of coffee rested on his desk and he read over the first file of the pile, a freshly graduated recruit.

”Pilot Profile: Sandra Rivers, Recruit Wrote:Final evaluation and recommendations

Name: Sandra Rivers
Birthplace: Planet Los Angeles, California
Height: 5’4
Weight: 83 lbs
Relatives: Nicole Rivers
Previous fields of work: Hotel Staff/Attaché/Navy Academy Student

Personality Profile: Well developed, despite history including loss of both parents, captivity and forced labor. Sensitive and empathic. Usually plays it safe but can become a risk taker in certain instances. Strong willed, intelligent, thoughtful, foresightful, amiable, team spirit, gentle. Responds well to kindness.

Combat performance: Moderate fighting prowess, excels at evasion, strong in group fights but weak in duels. High survivability, good with minirazor and supernova antimatter cannon. Best performance in a bomber.

Final notes: This recruit was a bit of a mystery to me at times. Highly sensitive, gentle and empathic, this woman seems ill suited for combat and the strains of battle. And yet she has continued showing promising results in flight performance tests. Excels at evasion and maneuvering, yet scores the best results with a bomber. Weak in duels but strong in group fights. Works well with authority and command structure but cannot function without personal freedom.

I think I have not entirely understood this recruit to this day, but somehow she seems to be able to work with herself and after some initial trial and error, so was I and once I was, this recruit turned out to be a real gem. Here are my insights:

This recruit is a think outside of the box type. She likes to improvise on the fly. Be sure to give her the room to play that strength.

She is also highly sensitive – utilize this “weakness” to the advantage of the team. This recruit works like an advanced sensor beacon. During flight performance tests she somehow sniffed out danger and traps before anyone else did, foiling quite a few ambush missions I had programmed. Be sure to consider her intuition which leads me to…

This woman is a survivor. Not only of the perils of her past but also of combat situations. Again, make use of this! If you need a message, data or anything delivered out of a combat zone and back to safety, this pilot is your woman for the job. No matter what I threw at her in survivability tests in the flight simulator, she made it out alive in 9 out of 10 scenarios. Be sure not to waste that talent with making her stay in combat when her instincts are telling her to get out.

To summarize: Sensitive but great potential. Treat with kindness, handle with care and give room to play her strengths. And get this recruit in a bomber at earliest convenience for best results.
The Secondary Fleet

[Image: 8oYP4.jpg]

As a primary bomber pilot, Sandra, or "Recruit Rivers" as she was usually addressed, was assigned to the primary bomber squad onboard the Mississippi scheduled for active duty. Her primary assignments were small time tasks within the sector usually leading to the Beaumonet debris field where nefarious organisations were trying to stir trouble.

However, her assignments lead her through out the entire sector as well and as secondary assignment she was scheduled to be ready on call for support should the primary fleet be operating in the sector.

It had not been three weeks of service when the first big emergency assigment occurred, an unlawful base was build in the California system and all available forces from the primary and secondary fleet were requested as assistance.

This was when Recruit Rivers had her first taste of real comat experience, the brief skirmishes in Texas with the Rheinland forces being small in comparison. it was also where recruit rivers had her first recorded and confirmed victories over enemy ace craft.

This performance did not go unnoticed by Commodore Caruthers and after some more time and more small time missions in Texas he decided to ask recruit Rivers to his office for a chat.

**The door notice went off**

"Come in." The commodore responded and a moment later the door opened and recruit Rivers was coming in.

"You wanted to see me, sir?" She addressed the commodore.

"Yes. Please, take a seat." He motioned to one of the seats.

Sandra accepted the invitation and seated herself but remained silent.

"I have been following your progress lately, recruit and I like what I see." The commodore continueing noticing the recruit's silence. "In fact, I know of some people who might like it as well." And now he gave her a chance to respond.

"Sir...?" Of course the recruit was a bit uncertain was not catching on just yet.

"You have been assigned to the secondary fleet, recruit. Our job is to take care of everything the primary fleet cannot handle due to time and personal constraints." He paused again, letting the recruit catch up at her own pace.

"Is my performance behind your expectations, sir?" She asked fearing the worst.

"Oh no.." The commodore responde with a smile, knowing all too well how recruits tick. "On the contrary, recruit. I have been wondering if you ever considered serving in the primary fleet."

The recruit responded with ponderous silence, it was obvious she hadn't considered it yet.

The commodore continued. "Your performance records surpass what is needed for our duties significantly, and the primary fleet might find they could use a pilot like you."

More silence was the response from the recruit.

So the commodore continued. "It is just an observation, recruit and whether you decide to look into it further is entirely up to you. We are glad to have you in the secondary fleet, but if you decide to look into joining the primary fleet you have my blessings, recruit."

"I will have to give it some thought, sir, I .... haven't considered it yet." She stated the obvious. "But I thank you, sir, and I am glad, I feel honored."

The commodore chuckled having expected such a response. "Don't thank me just yet, recruit. Service in the primary fleet is also more straining and demanding than your current service." He paused a moment then continued. "Give it some thought and once you make up your mind do let me know."

The recruit nodded. "Thank you, sir. I will."

"Good." The commodore nodded. "That would be all then, dismissed, recruit."

Sandra stood up and exited the commodore's office. From this day she would give this suggestion consideration, but mostly whenever she had time to think as often, just like in this moment, she was summoned to the briefing room.
The Primary Fleet

[Image: Battleship_Mississippi.jpg]

Recruit Rivers had been summoned to the commodore's office again. That was the second time in only a few weeks and the other pilots on board the Mississippi had begun to wonder if "little miss bomber" as they decided to nickname her had gotten into trouble somehow.

Needless to say Sandra was worried as well and so her steps leading to the commodore's office were not far from very hurried.

**The door notice went off**

"Come in." The commodore said, these words coming to him very readily.

"You wanted to see me, sir?" Sandra stepped inside and almost couldn't hold back before the door closed.

"Ah, yes. Recruit Rivers. Please, take a seat." The commodore motioned to the seats before his desk. To Sandra's surprise he did not seem uspet at all.

"Sir, am I in trouble?" She couldn't hold it back any longer, before the commodore could get to the matter at hand.

The commodore chuckled only and shook his head. "On the contrary, recruit." He wasted no time to hand her a transmission pad with her approval for the primary fleet.

Sandra read it quietly and the commodore watched with an amused smile. He had chosen to let the pad bring her the news for the sake of ease.

(01-13-2013, 10:56 PM)Adm. Rachel A. Baker Wrote: [ -> ]
MS SANDRA RIVERS, your application to attend West Point's Prospective Officer Program has been approved, you will undergo an accelerated Basic Training Program on planet Manhattan before shipping out to West Point where you'll receive formal training as a Junior Officer within the Liberty Navy Primary Fleet, upon completion you'll be assigned to an Executioner Very Heavy Fighter until your probationary flight period has come to an end.

"Im approved?! For the primary fleet?" She exclaimed in surprise.

The commodore chuckled again. Oh how much fun those recruits always were. "Yes, infact, the transmission came in this morning. Thats why I needed to speak to you."

"Wow..." Sandra looked up from the pad. "But.. won't this mean I will likely get reassigned?"

The commodore nodded, now the recruit was catching on. "Yes, the primary fleet isn't operating in a single sector like many of the subdivisions of the secondary fleet. From now on you will likely operate in the entirety of Liberty and, maybe, sometimes even slightly beyond its borders."

"I see..." Sandra nodded and gave all these considerations some thought.

"But don't worry." The commodore reassured her. "Since you will operate through out Liberty the Mississippi is a perfectly valid staging ground for your craft. Just remember, your horizon just broadened from texas to the entirety of Liberty. Don't let that overwhelm you, just as you learned texas, you will learn Liberty in no time." he nodded another reassuring nod.

"Will I have to write a transmission to the primary fleet headquarters, sir?" Sandra packed the transmission pad away.

"Already taken care of." The commodore handed her another pad. "These are your orders, I took the liberty of handling the formalities for you, unless of course you changed your mind?" He gave her a chance to reconsider.

"Oh, no sir, I am... quite happy of my approval." Then she blinked. "Err, no offense of course sir, I positively loved my time on the Mississippi!" She gave a quick nod.

The commodore couldn't help but respond in a hearty laugh."Recruit, even if you hated it, that'd be okay. But I know, most recruits actually like it here in the end even if they at first think that being assigned to a more modern warship or base would have been better for their career." He paused a moment. "But in hindsight many realise that the veterans and experienced officers here are much more valueable to them than shiny new walls or up to date tech in the briefing room."

"Actually, that is exactly what happened to me, sir." Sandra admitted.

The commodore gave a knowing nod. "I am glad for your service here recruit Rivers, it was a pleasure." He stood up and offered his hand.

Sandra rose as well and offered hers. "Thank you, sir. For everything."

The commodore chuckled again withdrawing his hand. "Don't thank me just yet, recruit." He couldn't help but say that again. "Now, go pack up, they expect you at Navy Officer training on Manhatten in two days."

"Understood, sir. Thanks again, sir." Then her eyes widened realizing she just thanked him ~again~.

Now the Commodore grinned and pointed a humorous finger to the door. "Off my ship, recruit, on the double!" But laughed heartily indicating it was just a joke. "If you go on like that you'll thank your opponents to death." He mused. "That'd be a first."

"Sir!" She saluted and turned to leave.

"Good luck, recruit." The commodore nodded as he watched Sandra leave.
Recruit Rivers

[Image: ob6kDM3.jpg]

After completing the accelerated primary fleet officer training program on planet Manhatten, Sandra found herself flying the upholder bomber back enroute to the Mississippi in the Texas system where her primary fleet recruit craft was already waiting. A brand new, freshly refurbished top of the line heavy fighter nicknamed ... "death trap" or "executioner". The latter actually being its registered name but the pilots humorously referred to it in an ambiguous way.

She remembered how the other pilots warned her to be careful in this craft and that it had its name for a reason. There were also a few select (actually just one pilot) who seemed to like this craft. Having never flown it herself and being a dedicated bomber pilot she could hardly comment except that she was probably about to find out.

During her flight her thoughts began to wander for a moment...

In the officer training program there was little emphasis on flying lessons or actual combat. Emphasis was put on command structure, leadership abilities and cooperative team-work. The officer training program seemed to be a preperational basis for a career in the primary fleet that included options for leadership.

That was something Sandra found she was appreciating but not so appreciating at the same time. And as she remembered her results she knew exactly why.

”Officer Training Results: Sandra Rivers, Recruit Wrote:Personality functional and intact. Very cautious and timid but might have leadership qualities if developed. Highly attentive but quickly overwhelmed. Very good with team-work but lacks self-confidence.

Command Structure:
Works well with authority, but performance drops drastically when coerced or constrained. Also has a tendency to approach given orders in unorthodox ways.

Leadership Qualities:
Very sensible, responsible and foresightful but lacking in self confidence and presence.

Teamwork:
This recruit's saving grace. Excellent team work abilities, her qualities work in her favor. Foresightful and clever use of team-resources. Always chooses a flight lead, especially in combat scenarios. Valeuable in formation and team efforts.

... lacking in self confidence and presence? And quickly overwhelmed?

Recruit Rivers wanted to deny it but she realized that she couldn't. With such results, her career in the navy would not go very far she figured. But then, she could be glad that she had come as far as she did after all that had happened during her early adolescence. Everything could have turned out a lot worse and by that.. she meant a LOT.

Her thoughts were interrupted as she approached battleship Mississippi and the traffic control prompted her to identify herself and state point of origin, intended course and destination.

She transmitted the data and then sent a docking request. "Here recruit Rivers, I need clearance to dock."
Ensign Rivers

[Image: MGpbbNL.jpg]

"Oi! It's one of them death traps, ain't it?" A hangar worker greeted recru Ensign Rivers as she exited the craft.

"Ah, hah hah" She laughed nervously. "Yes, it is." She added with some relief. Her eight flight hours were over and she was neither shot down, nor fell victim to any other accidents.

"Ye look like yer glad to leave tha craft." The hangar worker chuckled. "Got promoted, weren't ya?"

"Uhm... in fact, I was! Yes!" Sandra nodded, holding her helmet. "How did you know?"

"Lass..." The hangar worker continued. "I have been working in this hanger since a good eleven years now. If you are in the business for that long you learn to see things. An' that look o'yer face? Tha' was very clear." The man laughed heartily.

"Oh.." Sandra rubbed her neck. "I see...." And nodded. "Well, yes I did get promoted and I just landed this craft as I completed my eight hours recruit time on it." She smiled.

"We'll prepare the craft for th' next recruit. Speaking o' which you took good care of it. Nice t' see you brought it back safe." The hangar worker responded, then nodded.

"Thank you, I try." Sandra nodded. "Now, if you excuse me..."

"O'course, o'course lass." The hangar worker nodded. "Off ye go!"

Sandra walked to the hangar door, on the way, one glance to a nearby upholder bomber. Soon, Sandra would be in her element again...

Later at the Mississippi, at Ensign Rivers quarters...

It had been eight flight hours in this thing, this heavy fighter, this "death trap" as many nickname it. Still, for Sandra it didn't appear to be that long, these recruit hours went by as any others. She just got used to the controls and then it was already over. The Executioner was a nice ship, but the sheer firepower and armor combined with a decent agility made the Guardian Sandra's preferred choice. And she had to pick, according to Navy regulations every pilot needed to have at least one Avenger or Guardian ready.

Wait a moment, Sandra was a dedicated bomber pilot, wasn't she? She had heard that there was a lack of bomber pilots in the Navy which prompted her to take the path of a bomber pilot back at the academy. However, as she was promoted to a recruit in the primary fleet, she was informed that there were actually enough bomber pilots and they needed fighter pilots!

So just as Sandra was promoted to the rank of Ensign, and allowed to fly the upholder bomber craft again, she learned fighter pilots were needed. At this time, Sandra asked herself why she chose the bomber pilot path anyways, in favor of a more flexible education.

"Perhaps, I did not want to fail, or disappoint.. perhaps I wanted to be sure I excel..." She thought while reading over her mail at the computer console

In this moment, she noticed something. Among the other mail and usual notifications there was a notice about a special training class that was offered at the Manhatten Academy for accellerated officer training. The class was offered for pilots who required training with light, heavy and very heavy fighter craft in attempt to increase the number of available pilots for those.

For Sandra this was a welcme opportunity. In attending this class, she could could regain the flexibility she had lost with her choice of the bomber piloting program back at the Academy. But it would lead her back to Manhatten and back into another three months of studying.

Initially, Sandra had looked forward to being on active duty for the primary fleet so the thought of studying yet again in favor of flying was not entirely appealing to her. However, the advantages of it were obvious, and so, Sandra wrote and sent the application...
Lieutenant Rivers

[Image: LYFO8mE.jpg]

First accellerated officer training, then accellerated space superiority fighter training.

"I really should have taken the balanced classes at Academy back then..." she mused as she was flying a Guardian fightercraft on a routine patrol. "... but it sure was worth it." she nodded to her herself.

At first it felt very strange to pilot the craft, but seeing she was used to the handling of the upholder, that did not come unexpected. Yet, when she blasted away with the Magma Hammers at her first target, a liberty rogue fighter, it brought her unexpected joy to be able to fight back.

As a bomber pilot, it was a game of chess, strategy and tactics. When to deploy, what to use, how long to stay, when to dive for cover and when to back down. Sure, you can, evade and dodge but against a fighter pilot worth their salt, you can only delay the inevitable. All these considerations were much more important than sheer fighting prowess, Sandra felt.
When flying the Guardian, Sandra noticed that she was much less vulnerable and that she could actually fight back efficiently when under attack. When piloting a bomber, that was often barely possible.

This ability to fight back and be less vulnerable increased her self-confidence a bit But soon she would learn that even when you can fight back that is no guarantee you can actually protect yourself... or others for that matter.

Her promotion had just been posted and from now on it was Lieutenant Rivers. With this promotion she also had earned the priviledge to use prototype weapons, generally referred to as "Codenames". Sandra actually had come across a few of those before her promotion, but she saved them hoping she could put them to good use. And she did ... or rather .. tried to.

It was at Colorado Gate...

A fight had broken out. Xenos, hostile freelancers, a liberty rogue transport and a reaver were present. Sandra was part of a mixed group of Navy and police pilots as she went there - with her new found confidence she entered the fight. In the heat of battle she was targetted by the reaver and the freelancer while the others fought with the Xenos.
One by one, her comrades were shot down until only she and the police light fighter were left. She had done her best but she did not last long and had to vacate the combat area.

"So much for excelling..." she mused to herself as she finished her patrol and activated the auto pilot to land on battleship Missouri. It was today that she was promoted and today she had to leave a fellow pilot from the police at the combat zone while she flew her damaged craft to safety. Had she stayed the Reaver would have gotten her.

"Silver.Reaver: And I am a Reaver. I reave."

And as she remembered these words, she knew she had acted correctly. Sometimes you win, sometimes you loose. At the end, there was one truth...

The navy had no use for dead pilots.
Pages: 1 2