Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: It all started with a dispute...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...It all ended with a grave.

Part One: The Fall

Why the hell is a rogue shooting ME!?! Blain Spike selected a new target, and made another turn in the Never Enough. The gunboats turrets began an automated firing sequence, suppressing a bombers attack with a wall of fire. He was in serious trouble. He was being shot at by no less than five ships, including one rogue. Watch your damn fire rogue, check your bloody target! A Supernova fired from the rogue bomber impacted with the side plating of the hull. The Never Enough shuddered with the impact, but kept on trucking. The automated repair bots began reconstructing the damaged armor. This exchange went on for a good half hour, the Never Enough keeping the snubcraft off, taking minimal damage. But slowly and surely, the Never Enough was dying. Blain Spike heard over the comm channel "I hope you get what you deserve Enough". Blain checked, and rechecked who sent that message. He was amazed to see it was one of Mokas people, just sitting around doing nothing. Blain couldn't think about it now, he had a ship to save. The ship was almost destroyed. The shielding system was taking a beating from the constant fire. Fed up with the traitorous rogue, Spike set the gunboats guns on the Rogue, blasting him away. "Take THAT you traitor!" But it was only one kill. Blain needed a way out. He still had one trick left up his sleeve, something he learned back as in the Vagrant Raiders. He flipped a few switches, and a ship looking exactly like the Never Enough materialized over the damaged gunboat. Using a pre-recorded program, the holographic representation of the Never Enough seemed to expload. An over-eager enemy fired one last barrage of weapons fire at the seemingly exploading Never Enough. Passing through the holographic representation, it struck the command bridge rendering most of the systems offline, and knocking out Spike.

Well that didn't go as planned. Blain pulled himself up, and started checking systems. Most of the ship was damaged to some extent. Most of the automated systems where toast, with basic navigation the only way to operate the engines. Blain keyed the comms array, and sent a scrambled message to his old friend Billy Xae. Billy, its Blain. I need a favor. Meet me on Rochester, and don't tell anyone where your going. Use the ship we stashed away for emergency use. Blain coughed, and waited for a response. ...Sure thing boss...what happened? A lot of rogues are askin for ya, whats going on? Blain cycled back to the communication logs from the fight. Staring at one message in particular, he hesitantly hit the respond button. Moka happened. I was shot at by a damned rogue, no doubt with orders to kill me from Moka. I can't believe I called them my friends. I always knew he was brash, but goddamn it. The Never Enough is just barely holding together. Shes an old ship, but I ain't gunna let her die, not like this. Which is why I need your help. Keep an eye out, don't let anyone follow you. Don't trust anyone. Moka is a serpent with words, he will twist someones viewpoint quick. Stay safe Billy, Ile see you on Rochester. Blain sighed, and switched off the comm unit to save what little backup power was left. He set the autopilot to Rochester, and began salvaging what he could, fixing the Never Enough.

Billy Xae walked into a mooring line room, and gave the junker in the room a million credits.
I need you to leave this mooring line unhooked for a rogue gunboat. No questions. Got it? The junker stared at the credits, then looked up at Billy. Yea sure man, whatever you say. I ain't seen nothin'. The Junker went back to his small neural net tablet, playing some sort of game on the neural net. The Never Enough Limped into dock, and slowly hooked up to the Mooring line. The airlock cycled, and Billy Xae walked onboard the Never to see a scene of Chaos. Everywhere he looked, there was damage everywhere. walking to the command bridge on the small ship, Billy Xae met up with a very grimy and battle weary Blain Spike. They shook hands and sat down at a small table in the back of the personal area aboard the gunboat.
Boss, You know I got your back. I got what I could from your room in Alcatraz. It ain't much, but its what I could steal back and find. I ain't going to lie to you, its bad. The rogues seemingly got orders ta shoot you on sight. I just don't see you getting out of this fiasco alive. Its not like the ending of the Vagrant Raiders, or The Society. My suggestion is leave Liberty. Just take the Never Enough, and don't look back.
Blain shook his head and stared at a small picture that was among his belongings Billy Xae had salvaged from Alcatraz. Everything I know is here, in Liberty. I was born, and raised here in Liberty. My failures are mine alone Billy. Its a whole different world out of Liberty. I want to die here. In Liberty. And your wrong, I have an option. Asylum. Im sure I have enough information to broker a deal with the Libertonian Government. If not, I pay myself in. There is no limit to what one can buy these days. The problem is getting someone to do it. Just do me a favor. Keep an eye on whats left of the gang for me, ok? Keep them out of to much trouble, they are the only family I have really ever had.
Billy Xae looked at the Vagrant Raiders logo engraved on the table, running over it with his hand. Boss...what your asking me to do. I mean, I would go to hell and back for you, but... Goddamn it Blain, why not just stick it to Moka and show him you don't need his damned rogues. Lead a rebellion or something.
Blain smiled slightly, then shook his head. Ive led a full life Billy. Its time for me to step out of the light. I am 30 years old, I don't want to go down in history as the miserable frack that continually tried to ruin everyones work and take over as a criminal. I want to sit down, enjoy the simple pleasures of having children. Call me strange, call me whatever you want. But this life just isn't for me anymore. Thanks for the parts, I know what I have to do. Tell whoever is left that your in charge from now on.
Billy got up, and started to walk forward towards the airlock, turning to face Blain before leaving.

No matter what happens Blain, we will always be loyal to you. You where a damn good leader, maybe not the most sensible at times, but a damn good leader. You take care of yourself now boss.
Billy left the Never Enough, leaving Blain alone in his crippled ship.

//To Be Continued