Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: TO: Junkman's Remote Business operators
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
****INCOMING TRANSMISSION****

COMM ID: Captain Alan Polstari
TARGET ID: Junkman; CC: Primary Fleet Command HQ
SUBJECT: Your Facility
ENCRYPTION: Medium
PRIORITY: High

Greetings,

We found your facility. What we haven't found is your application for its presence in Liberty. You have 24 hours to contact us and sort this out in accordance with Section 2 of the Laws of Liberty before we make your facility another junkpile we need cleaned up.

Captain Polstari, signing off.
****TRANSMISSION TERMINATED****
-Incoming transmission-
-Identity : unknown-

Right.

You found us.

You found a base in the far outskirts of a system which is just a protectorate. Should we *really* consider this place as *Liberty* space?

-End of transmission-
Junkmen;

Yes, you should definitely consider the Pennsylvania system to be sovereign territory of the Republic of Liberty.

Please note that your 24-hour grace period has not yet fully expired.

- Robert McKay, Secretary of State for Defense.
-Incoming transmission-

Before we pay anything, we'd like to understand a... strange situation.

The Republic of Liberty claims money for a base located in a so remote sector that no patrol is ever sent there.
In other words :
1) The base exists, its administrator must pay for it.
2) BUT the base is too far away from usual paths, so the authorities won't take care about its protection.
3) Where goes the money? What is it used to?

Please enlighten us.

-End of transmission-

//Edit: I also considered it like remote bases such as Niverton, Buffalo and others. Since the authorities don't go in those sectors, they shouldn't even be aware of its existence.
-Incoming transmission-

(11-22-2012, 01:37 PM)The Republic Of Liberty Wrote: [ -> ]Please note that your 24-hour grace period has not yet fully expired.

So you destroyed my factory before the end of the delay. And you vaporized the 300 inhabitants who worked there. I won't forget this.

But... maybe it's not you ; I'll never know. In this case, may I still expect an answer to my initial question?

-End of transmission-
****INCOMING TRANSMISSION****

COMM ID: Fleet Admiral David Hale
TARGET ID: God, don't you just hate it when people hide their identity?
SUBJECT: Base
ENCRYPTION: High
PRIORITY: High

Hale here.

No order to destroy your base was given. Forces have not been deployed for the purpose. So no, we did not "vaporize" anyone. However the doubtless tragic demise of your base does mean you are now at least in complience with Liberty law.

As for your questions, the money is used to fund operations against criminal elements within Liberty and provides a certain amount of the fund used to employ freelancers and mercenaries on behalf of the Republic of Liberty.

Your base may have been "out of the way" however that does not mean it poses no potential risk to Liberty. Having unknown stations popping up around the house results in pirates and various other annoyances having someone to ignorantly and in an uninformed manner scream "liberty is corrupt" from ad nauseum, or worse actually use as a staging post for acts of violence against Liberty's citizens and our foriegn visitors.

We have to keep tabs on these stations. It is a matter of security. I couldn't give a damn how remote it is. If it's in Liberty, it falls under Liberty juresdiction and therefore a fee will be paid to the elected government, for use in Liberty's interests on behalf of her people.

Getting smart with people who are merely upholding the law, is not a method best advised for putting yourself on a good footing with our government. I suggest you adjust your tone and ask prior to constructing a station. The process is not difficult.

The only people who construct stations in "isolated" places, are those who feel they have something to hide. I trust you are not someone who feels they have something to hide...

The same is true for those who hide their identity.

Hale out.

****TRANSMISSION TERMINATED****