Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: [|] CC: IMG| Subject: Business Dealings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
<<< INCOMING TRANSMISSION >>>
<<< ID: Yuki Koyanagi >>>
<<< ENCRYPTION: BDS - HIGH >>>

// text in red can only be viewed by [|] and not IMG|

Report On Profitability Of Ore Shipments From Taus To Omegas

The Independent Miners Guild is willing to sell us niobium ore at about 2,500 - 3,000 credits per unit. What they usually do is they mine the ore and sell it to transports on-the-spot. Tau-23 is where the fields are at. The system itself is covered in asteroids, and during the trial run yesterday a pirate showed up but was held off by the IMG defenders. We were not engaged.

Bringing the ore through Kusari, the sell point was actually in Rheinland. The only inconvenience is having to travel through GMG's Sigma-13. While we would prefer a Kusari dealer, apparently there is more demand in Rheinland, and with demand comes better prices. Some of the dealers on Planet New Berlin buy the ore at a price more than 3 times that which the IMG charges for mining. This is a good profit!

We proceeded to the Omegas, where temporary docking permissions were granted for Falster, from which I send this transmission. Short of helping IMG with supplies for their daily operations (FOW and BAa), there is no reason why we should pay for docking rights when Aland and Freistadt is open to us. There is silver in the area, which IMG is also willing to sell us at a similar price to niobium. We can bring it back to Kusari, dropping it off at Roppongi Station for profits, or on Kabukicho Depot for our own use.

After some calculations, I conclude that even in my personal Democritus, with a cargo hold of about 1,400, a one-way trip can make up to 10,000,000 credits, depending on the price set by the miner. While the amount may vary due to IMG being made up of many independent miners who each charge a different price, they are generally reasonable people and the price variation is usually quite small. My recommendation is that we work together with the miners to increase our organization's income. It is a rather easy route, part of which goes through Kusari, and it is profitable.

<<< TRANSMISSION END >>>
**** Incoming Transmission ****
To: Mr Koyanagi
Subject: Shipments
Encryption: Standard/Civilian (// readonly hackable by house intelligence agencies)

Mr Koyanagi,

I'm pleased to hear you've found the services of our miners adequate. I'll forward on your compliment to the Java and Freistadt local commanders, it's always nice to have some positive feedback for our hardworking crews. While it is true that the local hops from the Taus towards Kusari are not as profitable as the longer ones, that is simply a matter of supply and demand. According to my calculations, accounting for the distance traveled, the prices at the Narita trading depot do not differ a whole lot from those on New Berlin.

If you have ideas on how to further improve cooperation, feel free to voice your thoughts. We try to be accomodating, so long as it gets our crews a reasonable pay for their labor.

Kind regards,
- Guildmaster Johnathan Sanders, on behalf of the Independent Miners Guild

**** Transmission Closed ****