Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Cage Within Cage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The room was a perfect cube in shape and was well lit. Due to the fact that the only solid object residing inside was a large curved office desk with a single comfortable-looking leather chair behind it, the room looked excessively spacious. A man was sitting in the chair and scrolling the endless amount of words and numbers on a holo-screen in the air before him. While the extreme simplicity of the room and stature of the man would suggest nothing important, the room had a constant stream of thousands of zetabytes of data passing through it at any given time of the day. Data that consisted of information on highly classified government secrets, research projects including nomads and human testing, black operation data feeds and many other such things. The room was the central administration point of the station it was in, a station that was officially known and classified as Data Network Node A-93 under Section 7 of the Liberty Security Force, but it was more widely known among LSF agents as "The Mapping Room". It was a perfectly rectangular shaped block of metal that was inserted into one of the thousands of asteroids that littered the Ellesmere system by means of excavation. Even though it was completely invisible to any known means of detection, its powerful communication units uploaded and downloaded an incomprehensible amount of sensitive data around the clock.

In fact, the fear of the chance that the station could even be compromised was the reason that an unnecessarily high amount of high yield fusion bombs were planted in and around the asteroid the station was built into. With a single command a ten million kilometer cube volume of space would be erased from existence in a thousandth of a second, along with the impossible amount of stored data and the heavy cruiser patrol and the ten flights of heavy fighter-bomber wings that patrolled the immediate area at all times. Only two people had access to those detonation codes and one of them was now sitting in the aforementioned room. Associate Director Tony Mitchell.

Sir.
Yes, Nighthawk?
Sir there seems to be a problem, an operative of substantial significance has been marked as MIA, presumably captured by hostiles forces.
Put it up.

The room exploded with light as many holographic displays and images appeared around the desk. Even a 3D model of the mentioned operative was slowly spinning around in the middle of the room. Displays showed all there was to know about the person, employment background, family relations, assignments, details on missions and even people of any importance that the operative had interacted with. Tony's eyes moved to the name that was hovering above the 3D model in large font. Elijah Brand. His eyes then moved to the display which showed the parameters as to why this was brought to his attention, two notes were flashing.

>Significance of Rank: Coordinator
>In trial state for S7 access

Explain.
A reported shootout between Coordinator Brand's squadron -specifically known as Phantom One- and a group of Lane Hackers near the Colorado Jump Gate in New York. The squadron was shot down and no pod was found in the area, considering Brand's situation, there is a high chance that he has been captured.

Tony mentally reviewed Brand in his mind, he had talked with the Coordinator in person several times and had him under his direct command in space as well. The man was a decent agent, highly disciplined and not lacking in creativity and loyalty, although Tony had not been so sure of his state of mind, Brand's morals and ethnics -mainly that they existed- might get in the way of performing his duties and had a chance of breaking his loyalty and vows to do what is necessary. The man didn't completely grasp the Agency's way of working under the words "The end justifies the means". Although even though his rank allowed Elijah access to a considerable pool of information, due to his area of work in TacOps he didn't have access to any critical RDA data, neither Nomad or primate evolution research. His main operational areas were limited to strategical and technical information on the enemies of Liberty, specifically The Order. And because of that, Tony saw the consequences of information leak significance from Elijah to be...null.

Note, Agent Brand has knowledge of the Prowler prototype. Specifics are deployment locations and probable information on weaponry.

How could he forget? Tony remembered that the strategic data Brand had access to also encompassed the Prowler prototype, no information on that was too little to be seen as unimportant. In Tony's mind, Elijah's intelligence priority had just been bumped from null to "somewhat important". But the Associate Director had more important things to do then to chase after a captured coordinator who had little to no value at best.

Have two teams assigned to finding him, have the teams assembled from TacOps, the chances are too low to leave it to Homeland Security.
Yes sir, bringing up roster, selecting operatives and assigning objectives.
Good.

The holograms disappeared and Tony returned to his work, his mind jumping away from one incident to another.
Nicole Hunter laughed. - Mr Brand, let me be more precise so you don't waste more of our time by "revealing" me what is obvious. I want to know why the princess defected to Liberty, what were the results of negotiations in New London, what is the deal between you and the Order and why every time I see Normandie the Nomads appear. - Nicole changed her tone from soft and friendly to a strict and very cold.

- Now just to make everything clear. If you provide us these answers you will be set free and live happily ever after, at least until you get killed in one of your black ops. Furthermore the nature of the information I am requesting does not directly endanger either citizens of Liberty or the LSF itself. That is why I believe that my terms are more than reasonable. I really did not want to change the tone of our discussion, but I believe it is my responsibility to shortly describe you the grim alternative. If you refuse me this information, you will not be hurt physically in any way, however, you will undergo mental conditioning using variations of Ludovico technique paired with sensory deprivation using mainly this virtual environment. When the conditioning is completed there will be no more Elijah Brand. - Professor's voice has suddenly changed to friendly - So what do you want to tell me?
With a heavy sigh and a shake of the head, Brand replied - Very well, Hunter. The princess sees her father as well as the army that Gallia has spent centuries building up, as a bunch of blood thirsty maniacs. She believes that a head on confrontation with the Sirius colonies will ultimately lead to yet more suffering for the people of Gallia. Why Liberty? Well, which house would you choose? Bretonia is all but crumbled because of the onslaught of the Royal Forces as well as the fact that it was already weakened by the war with Kusari. Rheinland's economic power is fading fast and as for Kusari... Well lets just say we are slightly ahead.

The negotiations that took place in New London was in order to strengthen our relationship with Bretonia by offering support in the war with Gallia. The results are pretty obvious, we will assist them as long as we don't over extend ourselves as now we are fighting on two fronts.

Brand looks out of the window of his virtual prison and allows for a moment of thought - What I'm about to tell you is the limit of my clearance within the Agency, so if it's not good enough I guess "no more Elijah Brand". - He stared at Hunter for a brief moment - The Nomads have split... - Another pause - I don't know why and I don't know the specific interests of the two groups. It seems they are hostile to each other. My recent interactions with the K'hara have all resulted in them showing increased aggression. Whereas before they seemed happy to communicate, all they want to do know is kill or infect. Some agents speak of Nomads that follow them and do not engage but merely observe. They make no attempt at communicating either. These are of course only rumors that I picked up over hearing a discussion and I highly doubt they are accurate. Our apparent "cease fire" with the Order has come as a result of this split. Once again, I do not know specifics as I am merely a DHS agent. All I can add to this is my educated opinion. The Directorate wants to know why they have split and who knows the Nomads better than anyone? The Order. We want to know what they know. My orders are to keep The Order out of Liberty core space, but not to shoot them when they are in the Northern region of Alaska, that's it.

Brand rubbed his head as the drugs were having an increased affect on him, after a moment to compose he moved on to the final issue - Nomads appearing every time you see the Normandie is just a very odd coincidence. The Gauls know almost nothing of the Nomads, their priority is defeating the Colonies.

Nicole Hunter looked on Elijah Brand with disbelief. Then she checked the live analysis sheet and frowned. A second later she just started laughing. - Mr Brand... Mr Brand... - she started with jovial tone - What you're saying does not make any sense. None at all. However, one of the basic principles of scientific advancement says that, when something doesn't make sense while every empirical data confirms it, it is the paradigm of thinking that needs to be changed. Still, there are no coincidences on such scale and it looks like the history is just about to repeat itself. At least Charles XI is shorter name than Florian Gustav Niemann... - she laughed again and quickly used the telephone on the desk to enter a code again. Her voice became calm and soothing - Mr Brand, you will fall asleep now. I would like to thank you for very interesting discussion. Goodbye. And just remember that... - officer did not hear the last sentence as he lost his consciousness and everything became shrouded in darkness.

Professor took off her hypnotainment helmet. A man in a black suit standing next to her station was waiting for the end of the session.
- Mr Orlov, could oversee release of the prisoner and personally drop his pod in Rochester Debris Field? - she asked the man standing beside her.
- Naturally, Ma'am. I have surgical team standing by. I understand we will plant a brain bomb before releasing him? - a man called Orlov replied.
- No Mr Orlov. The bomb would have been detected during initial medical examination and we have already planted something much more dangerous.
- May I ask what is it, Professor?
- Uncertainty, Mr Orlov. Uncertainty.
- Spirit Lead, this is Spirit Beta, we've got something here, we're gonna check it out...

Spirit Lead, we've got confirmation, the Phantom has appeared, I repeat Phantom has appeared. -

The search wing consisting of three Avenger class fighters assigned to locate Agent Brand had finally come across his pod. Floating aimlessly amongst the endless field of debris, occasionally bumping into scrap components, Brand was now once again with the LSF.

- Uploading coordinates now Spirit Lead. -

- Confirmed Beta, ETA five minutes, don't let that pod out of your sight. -

As the search wing leader approached, the rest of the wing stood by on high alert, anything that moved within a 3-K radius would be obliterated from existence. The wing leader tractored Brand's pod in at once.

Phantom is onboard, our primary objective is complete. Beta send confirmation to Reaper at once. Set course for Ellesmere, don't let anyone near me, we've got to get Phantom home.

Understood Spirit lead, I am forwarding a copy of the transmission to you sir.

Quote:[Image: LSFINCheaderbasicV1.gif]

ENCRYPTION: High
PRIORITY: HIGH
COMM ID: Spirit Beta
SUBJECT: Phantom has appeared

Good day Colonel Mitchell

We've got him sir. He was found floating in an ejection pod with Lane Hacker identification, within the debris field about 20-K from Rochester Base. The package is currently in the hull of Spirit Lead and we are en route to Ellesmere.

Our ETA is about 20 minutes. We are requesting any additional orders.

Spirit Beta out

[Image: LSFINCfooterbasicV1.gif]

Right, maintain radio silence and stop for no one, our priority is to reach Ellesmere safely now unless Reaper orders otherwise. Stay in defensive formation, let's move.

The two wings of TacOps Avengers made way for Zone-21 with hast.
Pages: 1 2