Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Discovery 87b "The Stranded"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
i was going to add this as part of another post in a different thread but it would have been too off topic.

If Gallia was scrapped
Positives
20 less systems, meaning a higher average amount of players per system.
Devs get to spend their time on things the player base care about.
Vanilla factions that desperately need help to become useful will get some love.
(there are probably loads more I just cant think of them atm)

Negatives
All established Gallic player character RP will be effected.

How to remove Gallia?

Remove the jumpholes to and from Gallia with the RP that the holes became unstable and imploded in on themselves. Make every station in gallia undock your ship to an invisible station above the sun in tau 31 like how the /conn system works.

Discovery .87b "The Stranded"
The Gallic Predicament
With no way home the Gallic forces have found that the tables turned for the worse, In desperation the stranded Gallic forces colonise planet Gaia and capture planet Harris forcing its inhabitants to build them a shipyard capable of keeping their ships flight worthy. (basically enslaving the Bretonians there). With the feeling that the noose was tightening, the desperate need for supplies drove the Gallics jam outpost Holmans communications and then board and capture it securing what food water and materials the IMG have there.

The Colonisation of Gaia flings the Gaians into untold rage and they begin a dedicated guerrilla war campaign against the stranded Gallics who had committed the unforgivable sin. the Tau 23 Gulliestre fleet was relocated to Indochine to secure one of the last last three remaining stations under their control.

Perth station had been retrofitted into a mock shipyard in an attempt to service the vast fleet desperately in need of repairs and supplies. and the Castres battleship fleet was moved from the Leeds gate to Perth station to secure it.

Kusarin .87b i
Kusari decide to assist the stranded Gallic forces by running supplies of food water and building materials to them, in the commotion the Exiles move into Tau 29 and capture Nago, using that as a supply point they gather all their remaining forces and then split into two fleets, one moves through tau 23 and enters Kyushu via the jumphole there and then they perform a pincer move on the Nagumo fleet in West Kyushu, capturing it and securing their hold on the region, with the promise of the emperor returning to power, Samura and Hogosha supply the exiles as they build up their forces to push on to the capital, but meet heavy resistance from the Blood dragons as well as weakened Kusari lawful forces.

*snipped the no valours thingy*

Etc Etc Etc...

something along those lines, I am aware i don't know enough about the lore of every faction to post about how this would effect everyone but still, this is how i think it should go with my limited knowledge on stuff to benefit disco and let everyone keep their stuff (mostly).

What do you think it should be like??
Yes...YEEEEEEES
If Bretonia will finally get the ability to make raids and move away from smoggy Leeds, I agree.

What I don't agree with is that the Valors won't be buyable any more. Their number will slowly diminish and there will be nothing to raid any more.
Or we can rename Bretonia as New Gallia and be done with it.

<3
(12-24-2012, 04:46 PM)Thunderer Wrote: [ -> ]If Bretonia will finally get the ability to make raids and move away from smoggy Leeds, I agree.

What I don't agree with is that the Valors won't be buyable any more. Their number will slowly diminish and there will be nothing to raid any more.

they wouldnt be buyable right away, not until they actually have the means to build them.. and i actually think they wouldnt build valors anyway, they would build a much lighter economical battleship. Valor must require a piss load of stuff to build just one, from where will they get such supplies in such a short space of time?

a gallic light battleship would be awesome, and yes it means bretonia would be able to go on the offensive for once, as well as Council from out of Roussilon

(12-24-2012, 04:48 PM)Silver Wrote: [ -> ]Or we can rename Bretonia as New Gallia and be done with it.

<3

Soon™
(12-24-2012, 04:48 PM)Silver Wrote: [ -> ]Or we can rename Bretonia as New Gallia and be done with it.

<3

How would you kill Bretonians, then?
(12-24-2012, 04:50 PM)Thunderer Wrote: [ -> ]

<3

How would you kill Bretonians, then?

log all the reavers.
No need, they already dock and log out at an instant notice.

Forever alone (emo)

Lol aside, you can't cut off gallia like that.
Too fast, too hardcore.

The devs are already downsizing Gallia.
So wait to see their work, then you can see what's up and what's down for yourself.
No need to cleave roleplay in half for some people just because.

<3
(12-24-2012, 04:37 PM)Hidamari Wrote: [ -> ]Valors and Obstinates would no longer be purchasable crafts, only players that had them before the incident occurred would be able to fly them.

OMGOMGOMG ELITIST GRN, CANT BUY VALOR Q_Q

Otherwise a cool idea, I'd it like it to happen.
Jens! Happy Xmas.

(hug)

Love you, miss u (rain)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6