Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Broken English
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I searched a bit, and haven't found anything on this, so I just wanted to ask:

What is the verdict on broken English speaking ingame? Like speaking mostly in English, but with bits of other languages mixed in (Like saying Konnichiwa if you're Kusari or Guten Tag if you're a Rheinlander)? Is that acceptable, or is that punishable by the rules since you technically aren't speaking complete English?

Would just like some input on this, didn't see anything about it in the first 5 pages of search...
Speaking an Earth faction's native language I have no quarrel about, but if your going to order people about, use English if at all possible since its what I believe to the the majority language.

If there are others talking in a non-English language and you understand, go ahead and speak that language. But when it comes to ordering or asking things to people, I strongly recommend English first.

Broken English is fine to me, I have talked to many languages in and out of game, even though I know nothing of what they were on about.:lol:
It's perfectly acceptable.

Peppering RP w/ a few words of native speak here & there, helps define the character to others within earshot.

It's when it's done to excess or OORP that it starts to ruffle feathers
I think if it belongs to one of the 4 houses and it's common then it's ok.
Like if I where in Rheinland I would have no problem saying "Guten tag, wie get es?"
Perfectly acceptable in my opinion, just as long as you remain understandable.
' Wrote:Perfectly acceptable in my opinion, just as long as you remain understandable.

Yup. No orders or important chit-chat should be in languages other than English, but greetings are fine.
Alright, thanks guys. I've been getting pretty irritated at threats of reporting me for saying Gajin these past few days....
' Wrote:Alright, thanks guys. I've been getting pretty irritated at threats of reporting me for saying Gajin these past few days....

O.o

The gaijin fools do not appreciate our great culture. Kill them all!:D
' Wrote:O.o

The gaijin fools do not appreciate our great culture. Kill them all!:D

My sentiments exactly :lol:
Lo trovo triste e irreprehensibly insensato per supporre che soltanto “l'inglese„ pu? essere in-sistema usato. I saluti in altre lingue, come questa, aggiungono il ro di sapore la qualit? di atteggiamento del territorio di thee e dovrebbero essere usati come voluto.

En d'autres termes, l'anglais cass? est acceptable. Ayez l'amusement.
Pages: 1 2 3 4