Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Ending the Capship Issue(and more)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
OK so I am sick and tired of hearing factions claiming they are controlling the building of Capital ships and some poor newbie takes in the cleaner cause they didn't know. I feel this is truly a failing by the admins and Site mod for not adding this to the rules. IT SHOULD BE LISTED. I didn't find out about it till I ran across a topic about it by accident.(the cap ship control RP)

Honestly speaking the forums overall are lacking a proper Rules page though I do have a link to the posts made by Igiss that make it the closest. I understand this is an RP server but it took me almost 2 weeks to finally track down where factions actually put their posts.. So beyond even the cap issue there needs to be a little bit of clarity for things.

This forum isn't very newbie friendly. Primarily this post is to bring this front and center. I don't care if this stuff has been posted before, if it has then the fact that its being posted about again should be a HUGE indicator as to the need to clean and organize. I don't mean to slam but its extremely disturbing the simple failings occurring.

Here is a list of suggested information or pages to clarify:
1.List of Factions(NOT JUST THOSE *&%$ acronyms.) and their Zone of Influence and Allegiances
2.List of Guard systems to prevent the "Virginia WTF Suicide" as I like to call it. (best to probably add on Faction page)
3.List of Ships and accepted factions to use them. (This could take its own page or be added under the Factions page)
4.Links to the Dump threads of ALL acknowledged factions.
5.List of Group/faction leaders so that people know. IG names or Forums names. (Forum is probably better.)
6.Rules created by RP ex. Capship regulating.

Well thats my 2 cents for now
"Information, Enlightening Newbies everyday"
//just as a side note I get a bothersome feeling this MIGHT have been put in the wrong place.. IF so PLEASE move it, not delete it. Thank you.:)
[Image: motivator3308159.jpg]
The admins and Igiss do not include roleplaying rules into the Official Server Rules. A faction controlling the purchase of capital ships is a roleplaying rule, not a hard-set server rule.

It's not against the server rules to buy a capital ship, but it may be illegal in-character without prior permission (depends on the faction)
This fellow has a point.

Whether it's server rules or faction rules or rough guidelines, it has gotten the point where it's all so convoluted. Like he says, it's not noob friendly. It makes me remember how much easier things were when I first joined. (Rogue in a Nomad gunship with Cerberus turrets anyone??)

I think a summary on the discoverygc home page is not too much to ask for.
If the ship is played correctly then I'd say it's completely out of RP for it to be attacked by "supposed" allied factions my advice for other Independents like myself is if you get attacked FRAPS it and report the whole lot of them.

If the ships not in RP you more than likely brought it on yourself but personally I think they should be helping you sort that rather than blowing you up.
' Wrote:(Rogue in a Nomad gunship with Cerberus turrets anyone??)
Thankfully you will not see that anymore. That's positives of hard control. Though I can see there can be negatives attached too.
Hmmm, the fellow has a point

Let's not however forget what caused thecreation of such restrictions as the capital ship stuff...

As for the forums, well, took me a year to understand stuff. And I'm still missing a lot.
Aaanyway, indeed, rules should get wrapped up and put into one thread. Including those instilled by factions.
it is true, i think. the forum is twisted and its hard to separate important stuff from unimportant stuff. - its even harder to differentiate wishful thinking from rules. roleplay based from again... wishful thinking.

all that would not be a problem if the consequences were not down to the rules. - for example. - a newbie that reads through the official rules will be convinced that ( for example )

- he can obtain a rheinland military ID
- create a convincing roleplay along with assigning himself the proper rank ( no rule not to play an admiral )
- work for the appropriate tag ( even guard )
- buy the ship he wants this char to command ( maybe battleship )

---- and all that could have been done perfectly within the rules of the server. - so we cannot blame that fellow for not reading the rules. on the contrary, he read them carefully and stuck very tightly to them.

reality looks different though

- he ll be threatened by the official faction to either loose the ship or be considered kos as it is clearly stated ( in a threat that is burried under countless posts ) that only the official faction - and only 2 of the members are to be considered "rightful commanders of a battleship" - henceforth, he is a rogue ( even if he did everything he could possibly do to satisfy the needs of the role )
- now he is either chainkilled "untill those capwhores leave the server or sell the ship" or he leaves the space where the faction he wanted to RP cannot harrass him.

for someone who actually really played all by the rules. - those "hidden" roleplay ... lets call them... "agreements" can be fatal. i do know that this is not the intention of the roleplay ruleset - and they are installed in the very best interest to actually improve the server. - and even if they do help against many, they hurt the few that "should" not be hurt by this - cause the factions simply cannot review all the cases with as much care as is appropriate at least / or in these terms respectful towards the other member.

so, those people are victims of a general purge. - bit like knowing there are a lot of criminals in a place, and a few lawfuls. - and to be sure, we just imprison everyone .... to be sure. the problem might be solved, but the methods are unjust.

either way - a newbie has no chance to understand all that. and the argument that someone that spend enough time on the server to trade for 1 billion credits for a battleship is enough time to know it all is a bit ... wishful thinking. - unless we actually forbid money transfers, a trader can be a brilliant trader roleplayer - and still has no idea about the factions and space he does not deal with; yet he sets up a char there after backing himself up by the general rules to be on the right side. - and he can still miss crucial posts that .. in the end break his roleplay.
I think most of what you're looking for is here
I've said it before, but I'll say it again;

You can either;

1. Ban all military factions using unilateral names and in some cases throw months, if not years of roleplay out the window

2. Maintain the status quo

For nonmilitary factions, though, it's a greyer area. I think that capital ships should be the province of factions, with slightly looser rules on smaller capital ships (gunboats).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29