Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: This is Exactly what I mean.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
This has NOTHING to do with the thread and issue this comment was made in and it has nothing to do with my feelings (or lack thereof) towards the person making the statement. It's the statement itself that I am flabbergasted by.

Does no one see a problem with this attitude--which I have been saying over and over is prevalent and the problem? I don't care what the person "meant", look at what they said. I don't care how wrong the other person may have been or what the issue was--this is flat out an attitude of "we own the server--not you".

This is where 99% of the strife, arguing and sancrtion requests are coming from--this attitude:

QUOTE(Unselie @ Jun 9 2008, 09:41 PM)
Quote:Ah, but you see ... you have every right to do that, on the server. Thats the point of an open server. We have every right to pound on you for it, because there are more of us, and so long as we follow server rules, we win. We haven't broken any rules, and the admins are siding with us, so you can continue to give a rats ass what the forum community thinks, but understand, we're bigger, and we're more organized. We run factions, we join factions, we stay around, we talk in skype, and we know who you are, and we seem to dislike what you want to stand for. Thats the climate, as I see it. The forum goers and faction leaders have lots of friends, and lots of influence...that, as Xoria explained somewhere else, means we can walk all over the less organized or smaller groups of people who disagree with us on the server.

Seeing as how the poster implies the admins are "on their side" could an admin please respond to this?
Sigh.

Thats not the issue. And you completly ignore the fact that if indies can do
whatever they want while not breaking server rules then so can any faction.

A faction is made up of individual people who have joined together.
An indy is someone who wants to do things their way.

Both are fine. But the faction will always win over the indy,
simply because there are more. It has nothing to do with rights.

Please for the love of humanity, dont bring rights into this.
It is NO ones right to play on this RP server. It is EVERYONES privilige.
1. It's out of context.
2. If you want an admin to respond, PM one.
Seem's to be a lot of anti-independent comments and crackdowns as of late but saying that I have about as much respect for factions as they do to me which isn't a lot. I do think there's a divide and I think it's growing I worked out pretty fast that I have no desire to join a Faction.

I'm happy enough in general to play along with Factions and even help them out when I can but to be honest it was apparant from my first day that a lot of them think the rest of us are scum and honestly I avoid them in general and tend to interact more with other Independents. This probably has a Knock on effect as well I suspect I should probably try and interact more with them but I just don't want to.

Not saying every faction has the same overall attitude though theres a few I respect and have had decent interactions with.

There are bad Independents I do not deny that I've been chased by battlecruisers in a Scimitar through asteroid fields which I don't consider fair or fun.

//edited
' Wrote:1. It's out of context.
2. If you want an admin to respond, PM one.

It's only out of context because I didn't get into what the thread was about and it wouldn't matter if it was arguing over what ship is prettiest.

I want to know if an admin thinks its important enough to publicly respond to this or if what the person said is true and they have influence and the admins on their side with this attitude.

And Hyuung--the point isn't about "rights" or the other topics--which is why I said the thread didn't matter.

It's about attitudes and the actions that are resulting from them.

The above statement is indefensible in any context.
Actually majority rule is the basis of human society. We lock up 'crazy' people because the majority say they are crazy. We vote in elections and guess what, majority rules. The majority set the tone for the times. If everyone in the world except 1,000 people thought the sky was green then they would say it is green and call the 1,000 people wrong. Simply because there are more of them.

Factions are indies that have joined together. Many act like that anyway but in the end might makes right. Especially on a game server where the entire objective of the game is to kill things and get a better ship..to kill more things.
Simply put, life isn't fair, and have a nice day.
This isn't about "fair" or "the majority" or who thinks they are right. And "indies" who play responsibly are as much a faction here as any "faction". They are just generally more tolerant, respectful and quieter than the verbal majority.

I want to know how the admins see it.

...and I could have saved you time and written the above comment for you. Next is , "Then get the %$#@##$ out if you don't like it."

Anyone have some more peanuts for the gallery?
In that case I'll go ring up one of them right now.
Teknikal...
How i wish it were true that there were good indy Rpers.
I haven't seen you ingame personally, so I cant comment on your RP.
It's enough for me that you have posted on the forums.

But The evidence is before my eyes everytime I play.
There are MANY bad indy Rpers. There are many bad faction rpers too,
but at least they can be trained by the other team members.

For example, the other day...Myself as a faction LR and an Indy LR teamed up.
Two [M]'s came through, they were in BH ships with BH IFF and Tags.

I had orders from my faction leaders to not engage any [M]'s as we didnt want
any trouble with them - and we had enough trouble already to deal with as it was.
The Indy LR didnt know this. He attacked simply because he didnt like BH. I said
"wait!" While I was trying to calm things down and explain why, the [M]'s rightfully
retaliated and both us LR's died.

Now this Indy LR was a cool Rp'er. And I as a faction member teamed up
with him. I had no probs with him being an Indy LR. And we had fun
together - we killed and pirated together. But then a situation came up that
was created by these forums. The diplomacy of the Leaders of [M] and LR.
A situation that the Indy couldn't possibly have known unless he had visited
the forums - which he hadn't. I have encouraged him to take a look at the
forums, because the other side of RP is these forums.

FL Disco just doesnt have the capabilty currently to RP properly. There are only
10ish textual comm spaces before they disappear. So the forums are used to
convey what the ingame systems cannot.

I have no problems with Indies Rping. However the balance of Indies Rping
(good) and those that dont RP (BAD) is staggering in the nonRPing camp.
The bad ones are the ones that we are trying to either train, remove, or
eliminate. Those are the ones that are making it hell for the good Indy
RPers, not the factions. If you see any non RP indis tell THEM to visit the
forums. Dont tell the official factions to go jump, just because you indies
dont like being told what to do.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8