Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Chapter Six: Rich as Flame
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is where the Discovery Version of the Retribution Chapters ends. Six chapters, and the final wrap up of the Leo "Legacy". The actual book will be 12 chapters and around 220 pages total. Prehaps even these chapters will be split up even further to increase the number of chapters I have avaliable. The Leo Roleplay has begun to become burnt out and repettive. This isn't the last RP Leo will be apart of however, there will be more.

~Leo

Two Weeks Later
Liberty Underground

"Tainted is supposed to give us several soldiers and some of the technology they're using to create these advanced creatures." said a very shady man.

"How much Rich? We know you never know how to bargan." said another man.

"10 Million Credits for one. I offered it up out of my own coffers, just as a test run." the man named Rich responded. "Should be here with in the week."

"Girl or Guy?" Another strange looking man asked. He licked his lips at the thought of it being a woman.

"Guy. Supposed to be a new version or something."

"Damnit Rich. I thought I told you to get some women in here, freak or not!"

"Why don't you shut the hell up Drew? I'm working on that. Some club girls want to take the next step and humor some Liberty bosses."

"Nice Rich, I knew you would pull through." The man named Andy replied.

The door splintered and blew off the hinges and the guards flipped their table over and huddled behind it.

"Who the hell are you? The Troy's Gang? The Rogue underbosses? Answer!"

"I think we're the one asking the questions around here slime." said a deep voice.

"Get up, and we won't have to murder you for the information we require." said another.

"Get out!" and one of the bosses started firing random bursts, but a laser blast came through the table and killed him before he caused any damage.

"Get up. And the rest of you might live."

They all got up, hands in the air, and that's when they saw who they were dealing with. Two men, both close to the same height and with glowing blue eyes.

"You, Senator Richard Blikes, correct?"

"Yes. That's me." he replied, hands still in the air.

"We require information, follow me, and leave your weapons, you won't need them where you're going." said the one with the longer hair. He walked out, and the senator followed.
Border of Bretonia Space
Neutral Space
Havoc's Conviction, Flagship of the Black Company Fleet

"No Shan, he gave us specific orders." Al said standing his ground against the two angry women standing before him.

"To hell with his orders!" Gwen yelled. "They both said they would report back in each week, and we havn't heard s***!"

"Gwen, watch the language. And I don't care if he said he would report back in daily, and didn't. We're not going after them, period."

"Oh please Al, I've been through as much as you if not more. So don't tell me what I can and can't say. If you give me premission or not, I'm going after them."

"No you are not." said Sarah finally speaking up. "He gave us specific orders not to follow him or Takashi."

"And here I thought you were on our side." Shan said crossing her arms and rolling her eyes.

When Leo went off by himself, no one agreed with the decision. However, Leo said he would check in every week, he had now missed two seperate check in periods.

"He knows what he's doing, so we let him do it. More than likely, he's in Liberty. Too far for a site to site communication, and in the wrong place to use their transmission amplifers." Al said resuming his seat. "If we have not heard from him in one more month, we will conduct a search."

As soon as Al finished his sentence, the transmission indicator began to flash.

"Probably him there." Al said opening the transmission screen. The transmission was garbled and then it came in clear.

"This is-" and the transmission cut.

"It's on a repeat cycle, standby let me see if I can clear it up." Al said imputing commands to the console. The transmission resumed.

"This is Ann Uzamaki, I am an independant Freelancer. I was attacked by a large battleship and have been drifting for weeks. I recently left Chugoku and have been drifting since, please help..."
Border of Bretonia Space
Neutral Space
Havocs Conviction, Flagship of the Black Company Fleet

Impossible. Ann Uzamaki has been dead for almost 30 years. How is she still alive? Sarah said entering in commands on the console. Im picking up the remains of the ship, one weak lifesign. How has she survived this long in the dead of space?

Its possible. Ive heard of fighter pilots going through un-aligned jumpholes and coming out almost completely destroyed. But they survived off of emergency rations and eating a crumb a day.

But this is different. Its been 30 years Al. There isnt anyway she has survived this long out in space, especially with no compression on the ship. Im detecting that the inside of the ship has no more air on it, the oxygen tanks were decompressed at the time of the attack. Its a trap.

Possibly, I still want to make sure. Take us in slowly Kurt, keep a sharp eye out.

Right. Kurt replied.

The small Junker fighter spun in the silence of space, drifting at quite a quick rate of speed. Kurt initiated the tractor beam and stopped the ship, just then a transmission came in from the ship. Everyone looked at each other with strange looks but opened a channel to the ship.

Thank you strangers, I have been floating here in space for 30 years, unable to stop drifting. Ive been with out engines and life-support for some time now.

How are you alive? Sarah said before Al could get any word out.

Thats a little bit hard to explain my dear. But in simple terms, I would have to say Im exactly like you are. A Hybrid, tortured by Tainted and forced to hunt my own son which I have tried so hard to protect.

Its a trap. Sarah said eyeing the ship hovering in space.

I assure you Sarah, it is not.

How do you-

-know your name? Simple. You were in Tainted, I was the person that activated your implants for the first time. I am the person who put that dragon tattoo on your back, and I am the only person who can explain what is happening, and what is about to happen. Now please, allow me to come aboard and I will explain everything.

Very well. Al said holding up a hand to Sarahs protests. We will meet you in the docking bay after we have tractored you in.

Thank you. Uzamaki out.

Its a trap damn it Al. Even if that is Ann Uzamaki, shes not on our side. Shes one of their agents. She said it herself. Think about the time line and actually rememberLeos mother was either killed or captured 30 years ago. I was initiated into Tainted 10 years ago. Shes been missing all this time, and has been drifting for 30 years?

Youre rightsend a security team down there on the double and detain her. Shes not of this world. Of course we have two of our strongest fighters off somewhere doing their own thing. Sarah, youre the only other person who is strong, you being an ex-commander of Tainted. I want you to go down there and secure her, get her locked up and report back to me as soon as you have done just that.

Right. Sarah said leaving the bridge. As soon as she go down to the bay, the guards laid dead on the floor and a Kusari woman who exited the ship in the bay climbed out. Youre late. Sarah said dragging a guard out of the way.

I had a few hang-ups Sarah. The good Major wanted me to make sure it looked real, even if it didnt.

Well it looked good none the less. We need to prepare to secure a ship and get out of here, Leo is with Takashi.

Any contact with Takashi? Ann asked.

They converted him back to normal. We will have to re-wipe his memory once we capture them both. For now I have to lock you up to maintain the appearance Im with them and not Tainted.

Ann nodded and held out her hands to be cuffed.

Take me away Sarah. She said with a smile.
New York System, Planet Manhattan, Liberty Space
Liberty Underground

What do you want? the man said cowering before me.

Nothing but information I replied.

for now. Takashi said adding a little bit of emphasis to the phrase.

Alright, alright! What do you want to know?

Tainted, how do you get in contact with them? I asked.

Tainted? Heh, heh, whos Tainted? he replied nervously.

Dont play games with me Senator; Im not one to piss off. I said letting him see my eyes in full Nomad again.

AHH AHH alright! Sunofabitch man! Ill talk. We call them on a rotating frequency, all we have to do is look for a dropback feed loops and once we find it, we search the frequency and from there were able to figure it out accordingly.

What was the last frequency? Takashi asked.

1.44-2, came from coordinates D7.88.2-a in this system, we looked there but didnt see anything. Theyre schedules to deliver a product here with in the hour if you want to wait around for them to come and KICK your ass.

Takashi laughed at that one.

You think a few Tainted guards are going to slow us down? Please, their package and them will be eliminated quickly and with out trouble. Let them come. Tell your friends to leave or we make mince meat out of them.

The other men left, in a very angry mood, but didnt start anything with Takashi or I. A few hours later, a ship pulled up to the shop we were in and the Senator walked out to shake hands with a woman with Nomad enhanced eyes. She looked around for a few moments and narrowed her eyes.

Mind if I search the place for hostiles? she asked with a tone in her voice. She knew we were here somehow. In some way she detected us in the building. I let myself return to normal from Nomad mode and Takashi did the same. She walked in and looked around, not noticing our hiding spots. She nodded her head and looked back to the Senator. Sorry, standard procedure.

Right, right, no problem. He replied. What a dirty little rat this senator was, if I didnt already have a mission to do

They brought out a woman, no a girl, around 15 years old it looked like. She had jet black hair and her eyes were that of Nomad. She stared at the Senator and turned her head to the side before looking back to the woman.

I have to protect him?

We agreed it was to be a male. The Senator said glaring.

Well, its not. Deal with it.

I think youll be handing her over now. I said rising from my location.

Ah, Leo, I thought I detected a traitor. She replied. I recognized her now, she was one of the people directly under Sarah, and the replacement for her command position. So, here I was an ex-commander staring at a fresh commander. I trust you are still in the shape you were while in Tainted? Ive heard legends about you.

All true I hope. I replied with a glare.

She rushed at me with out warning, going full Nomad. As I did, I noticed that the world around me was shimmering. The woman stopped and stared at me in fear. New programs appeared on my H.U.D. and I stared at them for a brief moment before remembering something my father said, buried deep in my memory from when I first became what I am now.

Is it possible? he had said.

Yes, he gets stronger from being around other Nomad componentswe cannot allow him to become too strongit will be our end.

I felt stronger while she was in Nomad, all this technology around me and I could focus all of it into me, control it, become stronger. She came at me again and I dodged easily, but she was playing me for a fool and her other heel came crashing into my temple, I fell to the ground and rolled back to my feet. I reached up when I felt blood trickling down my temple. I smiled.

So it seems I have a worthy opponent. I smiled. She went into a defensive stance.

So it would seemLeo.
She came at me quickly and I hardly had time to dodge to my left and roll away from her attack. The programs that had appeared on my H.U.D. had vanished, but the world around me still shimmered. I couldnt figure out how it was happening. I saw strange images flying past my field of vision as another one of her attacks struck me in the head again. I spun and caught myself regaining my posture. The world continued to shimmer in and out of existence. Thats when I understood what was happening. Whatever this shimmering was, it was causing my eyes to ignore my surroundings.

As she came at me again for a third time, the world around me vanished besides the ground I was fighting on. My targeting systems identified each weakness she had on her body, her ribs were the most vulnerable, she kept her head and eyes defended well. As she ran and swung at me with another blow, for the first time in a while, my body reacted without control and I dodged, hitting her square in the ribs with a power blow and heard it snap. She spun and almost fell, grabbing the ground and wheezing. She looked at me in shock as the world around me shimmered in to focus again, and back out with my will.

So the stories were true. She said running at me again. As she swung, my arms acted without commands and deflected each punch and swing. I hit her several times in the rib cage and as she swung down to defend herself from the thrusts, I came up with an uppercut to her jaw line and heard it snap too. She screamed and fell to the ground holding her face. She was trying to talk but all that could be heard were mumbles and the jaw bone rubbing together against its broken twin. I looked down at her in disgust and she rose to her feet, jaw hanging loose. She came at me again, and my arms once again reacted automatically. Each hit she swung at me I deflected, swung around, or dodged. She landed several hits to my ribs and I could tell at least one was broken. Although it seemed as if my body was ignoring the pain.

We were both panting by the time the fight was nearing the end. I stood in a defensive position slowly allowing my body to swing back and forth. The world continued to shimmer around me, blinking in and out of focus. I began to notice my fighting ground and my implants began calculating certain objects and how far they were from her. There was the landing pad, the ship, and the edge which would leave her falling for at least a few minutes before hitting the ground below. I still had my blades on my person. I looked back to the ship and then noticed the struts, and began calculating the possibilities at the speed of light.

78.2% chance slinging the sword at the strut will cause structurial collapse of the landing pad.

I liked those odds, I calculated one more thing

2.6% chance Leo will escape the collapse.

I didnt like those odds but at this rate we would kill each other before an outcome was reached. I pulled out my swords and ignited the plasma flow. The woman smiled.

Using weapons now? she said with a smile and pulled out her plasma cannons. Live by the sword and die by my gun, I believe your familiar with that phrase? she asked.

I am, and thankfully, that will be the last time I have to hear it coming out of your mouth.

I slung the blades around her and let go, they both contacted the strut on the ship and sliced right through it in two places, the ship crashed down on the landing pad and the outer edge collapsed into nothing, followed by the inner edge. She screamed and released her weapons as she began to falland as I began to fall. Cursing I reached for anything to grab onto but only found air. Takashi was no where in site, damn him, I could use his help right now.

I began to freefall through the city scape and as we fell the woman screamed over the sound of rushing air.

What a way to die huh Leo?! You died for nothing!

I heard the sound of two Ravens on an intercept course.

I didnt diebitch!

I landed with a jolt in a fighter and slid the cockpit window closed and looked over at Takashi with a smile and a nod

He only laughed.

We found her body several hours later, and luckily before anyone else did. The impact did signifigant damage to the human tissue, but not the implants. The Nomad was squeeling from with in her flesh. I shot several shots into it and as I did so a massive migrane tore at the back of my head. The Nomad in me trying to retaliate for killing one of its kind in the flesh so to speak. I ripped apart the womans flesh and bone from the implants and stowed them inside the ship. All that remained was half human, half NomadI placed an Order beacon transmitting to their vessels in Omicron, they would receive it in a few hours and come claim the body.

What now? Takashi asked walking back to his ship followed by me.

We got what we came for here. We got information that Tainted are indeed supplying people with members from their pool to infiltrate every group within Sirius. And when given the order, they slay every non-Nomad being. Thats the idea anyway. I replied closing the hatch on my ship. If thats the case, we have to dig more. What about the girl they were bringing here? Was she still on the ship?

Possibly. We should go check it out before the police get notified of the crash.

I nodded in agreement and we flew a few miles to where the smoldering wreck of the pad and ship sat, police sirens wailed in the distance. We had to do this quickly. I climbed out of the ship and ran over to the smoldering wreckage. The ship was a cruiser of some kind, but smaller in size. Blown condiuts sparked all over the place as we climbed inside the ship and searched for any kind of life. The two pilots had been impaled by bulkheads that collapsed in the crash, however, there was a small voice buried inside the ship, coughing and gagging. I followed the sounds to the girl who had been injured to the point of torture. Fear lined her eyes, not normal for a Nomad.

Paincurious feeling she said inbetween gasps. You humansyou area strange raceyou embrace deathyet it hurts so much

It doesnt always hurt. Takashi said. Sometimes it can be swiftthis girl will never experence it

I guess thats my parting gift to her then the girl gasped one last time and fell to the side, dead.

Gift?

Plant explosives in this entire ship, those sirens are getting louder, once were far enough away, we detonate the bombs. Move quickly.

We planted the bombs and flew away from the ship. The police were a few thousand feet from the ship when I hit the switch and watched as pieces of metal clipped two fighters which crashed near the wreckage. The police stumbled out of their ships holding their heads and staring at the now destroyed cruiser. I stared back at the cruiser as well, thinking back to what the Nomad had said before she died

I guess thats my parting gift to her then

What did it meanwhat the hell did it mean?
Border of Bretonia Space
Neutral Space
Havoc's Conviction, Flagship of the Black Company Fleet

We have her in the brig, no telling how long she will be held. Sarah said to Al. Her inplants will eventually override the field generator, and shell break through.

We have you, well be ready for that. Al replied looking out the window and into the barrier. Curious you knowmankind finds the most beautiful place in all of our Galaxy, and we werent even the first ones here. Somehow I feel how the ancient Americans felt when they first stepped on to North America. There were Native people there, and they killed them, forced them out of their lands

In a way were doing the same thing, but here the Nomads are stronger, and are fighting back.

Doesnt it bother you? That were here, on their land so to speak, and were fighting them, to hold back their right to have it as their own.

They were dormant. The Rhienlanders woke them up.

Oh thats just legend, stories spread by the Order to keep the peace amongst humans, we have records of Tainted being started far before the Rhienlanders awoke the Nomads. This has been planned for years, maybe even centuries. The Nomads were just waiting, they might be young in the evolutionary tree, but theyre still damned smart, Id hate to see want an adult Nomad can do to mankind.

Sarah smiled from behind Al, but he didnt notice, he continued looking out the window. Sarah resumed her neutral posture as he turned around to face her.

Do you think these Nomads are just the tip of the iceberg?

Iceberg Al? Were in space. Sarah replied with a blank stare. Al laughed and turned back around to look out the window.

Its an old saying my father used to say. On ancient Earth, there used to be chunks of ice that would float into the ocean and they were massive under the water, but on the surface they looked small, almost as if it was a small chunk of ice. When ships journeyed too close to them, the larger part would tear holes in the hull, and the boats would sink. Basically it means that there is more than meets the eye.

Sarah smiled again at the metaphor.

I see. I believe that there is much more than meets the eye. Maybe were just not ready to see it yet.

MaybeI have a feeling things are going to take a turn for the worse in the next few weeks. I want to be ready for anything, but without Leo here I cant seem to get a firm hold on my own damned thoughts. Theyre scattered, lost, confused. I cant get a single idea to stay put in my head. Normally when that happensbad things are coming.

Sarah turned and stopped at the door to the office and smiled.

Something wicked this way comes. She said before leaving.

Im sorry? Al said turning, but Sarah, had already left.
Planet Manhattan Orbit, New York System
Liberty Space
Ravens Talon

Think we should call in? Takashi asked out of no where.

Yeah, might be a good idea. I replied keying in the frequency for the ship in deep space. A sound indicated the channel was open and I began speaking. Havoc, this is Leo. Were checking in, everything went according to plan, we got the information we needed and are enroute to the next clue. Sorry it took so long, Im certain that everyone on the ship is worried sick, and probably on the verge of having a mutiny on your hands. Let them know Takashi and I are doing well, and have uncovered several-

The comm went to static and I heard half of the same message I had just relayed with signifigant background noise on the comm. I listened closely and my face pailed.

Takashi! Intercept course, hyperdrive, were heading back to the HavocNOW!

Border of Bretonia Space
Neutral Space

Name and rank. Al asked again. Ann only sat staring back at Al.

I told you sir, Im an innocent woman thats been drifting in space for WEEKS.

Al looked back at the woman and only glared.

For 30 years? No one can survive that long in space. Your air tanks were decompressed at the time of the initial attack by the Tainted warship. Youre one of them, dont even think youre getting out of here. Now, once again Ms. Uzamaki, if thats even youre nameName and Rank. He said emphasizing the last three words.

Youre obviously suffering from space sickness, my tanks were full of air, check the ship if you want to, Im sure you already have. I had plenty of food and have only been stranded for a few weeks at best. Im lucky I found you guys, or at least I thought I was, until you locked me up in the brig for crimes I didnt even commit.

Al placed his hand on his forehead and shook his head. Youre running me in circles with questioning here. Apparently youre not willing to talk. Sarah! Keep our prisoner company; Im heading back up to the bridge.

Al turned and left and Sarah came in and replaced him. She nodded at the guard and he left the room as well, allowing the door to swing shut. As soon as she was sure they had both left, Sarah sat down and deactivated the field.

Theyre on their way. Ann said eyeing Sarah.

I know, and then all will come full circle.

Planet Manhattan Orbit, New York System
Liberty Space
Ravens Talon

Sorry Leo, were not going anywhere. Takashi said in a deep grovel. I recognized that voice, it was the Takashi from Taintedthey had laid an elaborate trap and I had fallen for itright into itdamn it.

What now Takashi? You kill me and high tail it for Tainted space? I replied with a sneer.

No, you come with me to Tainted space, and we rewipe you and end all of this nonsense. Not before we get a full memory image first.

I understood. The technology that I couldnt remember. The technology that could destroy the implants. What had the Dean said?

its buried

Its buried. Buried underground? Buried under paperwork? What? They wanted the information so they could prevent me from using it on thembut how would I use one piece of technology to wipe out an entire group of infested humans? Nothing was making sense about this entire thing. I eyed Takashis ship, his weapons were fully charged, awaiting a battle. I decided to turn tail and run. I activated hyperdrive and jumped to the Havoc.

Border of Bretonia Space
Neutral Space

Sir! Six Tainted warships on an intercept course, we have to run for it!

Right, activate the drive and get us out of here! Al ordered.

The ensign got a look of anger on his face before hitting the console.

Someone has locked out the commands for the drive and encrypted the codes and their comm station, I cant get a fix on where its coming from. Theyve done the same with weapons and theyve dropped our shields! Were sitting ducks!

Something wickedthis way comes the comm said and cut out, just as six huge ships jumped out of hyperspace.

May the gods help us. Al said as the first ship opened fire.

Border of Bretonia Space
Neutral Space
Ravens Talon

I stared at the wreckage for hours. The Havoc and everyone on board was deadeveryoneAl, Sarahmy fatherGwen

Shan.

In a rage I punched the dash of the ship and kept punching until shards of glass and blood mingled together on my fist. Takashi wasnt in presuit. They had done this in retaliation for taking Shan from them and if they couldnt have her, no one would. I was back where I startedalone. I took one last look at the wreckage of the ship and my eyes narrowed, something deep inside me over rode my ability to caremy ethics and morality went out the window.

You will all die. Is all I said and activated the hyperdrive

I jumped away towards the Omicrons.
I made it a few systems away and stopped in an asteroid field and screamed for a few hours into nothing. Eventually my voice gave out and I couldnt scream anymore. Even then I screamed with no sound. Tears of anger and frustration rolled down my face. Everyone I ever cared about had died in that explosion. EveryoneSlowly the grief amplified the anger even more than the sadness, and I became even angrier. I turned tail and headed towards the closest system to where I was at, Dublin.

Home of the Battleship Hood, I figured I could get some much needed rest and answers from that place, being that it was the slime pit of the galaxy. So many drug runners and criminals populated the bar that if a lawman ever saw it, he would have himself an arresting spree. The Don of the Outcasts was watching the races and the Corsair higher ups sat clean across the bar ignoring their brethren and watching a race of their own. The bartender was polishing off the remainder of the bar as I walked over.

Gin and tonic, now. I said to him. He looked up slowly and sighed, pouring the drinks.

Bad day at the races? he asked me.

Bad day at life. I replied and sat the drink down and nodded at the bartender. I left him a pretty good tip, he more than likely had to deal with *******s on a regular basis, the guy deserved a good tip. I walked over to a table near the Outcasts and got to looking at the menu. The bartender came over and sat down across from me. I looked up at him and he stared back at me.

Youre him arent you? he said.

Im who? I replied, reaching for my weapon on my hip.

They said you would be coming here, it was the closest place to lay low from where the ship was destroyed.

I placed my blaster under his chin and leaned him forward.

What do you know about the Havoc? I seethed through my teeth.

Only that it was a large battlecruiser that was stolen from Tainteds shipyards several years ago. Earlier it was destroyed, we felt the shockwave even here. There is a bounty out on your head as we speak, it was said that you would come here firstnot a good place to be right now.

The Outcasts and Corsairs looked towards me at the sound of my name and of the bounty on my head. They smiled and both rose to their feet, the Outcasts spoke first towards the Corsairs.

Why dont you sit back down and plan the next route into Liberty with your artifacts, were taking this bounty. They said.

The hell you are. Youre probably too high on Cardamine to even hold a blaster right. Sit the hell down before you get hurt.

I snarled and rose quickly to my feet, keeping my head low.

Why dont you both take a seat before I kill the lot of you.

This apparently was funny because both sides laughed and charged their blasters. I looked down and shook my head.

All I wanted to do was lay low, and have a nice little breather from people like you idiots chasing me all over the damned galaxy. But no, everywhere I go I have to run into morons who think they can do whatever they please whenever they please. Well, let me tell you boys something

You can never do as you please.

I went Nomad and quickly calculated the two tables I stood in-between. They were made of composite steel alloys, and a kick to each of their stands would send them toppling over and be an effective shield. As soon as the first man fired, I was already in motion with the table. It flipped over and the first shot pinged off the surface. I kicked off the stand on one table and broke off one of the legs of the stand on the other and charged the first Outcast guard, knocking him off balance. I held the other table on my arm like a shield and held my own. I beat the first guard down and flung my table shield like a Frisbee and knocked the Corsairs down. I turned back to the last Outcast and kicked him in the kneecap and watched as he toppled forward howling in pain and as my fist contacted his nose, blood splattered on the ceiling.

The Corsairs were back up by now and disarmed. So naturally they were rushing me with fists ready. I deflected each of their attacks with lighting speed and perfect accuracy. As they all hit the ground groaning, I took one last shot and sat it down at the table where the bartender still sat in shock.

Put it on my tab. I said and left the bar.
One Week Later

I wish things had been different.

Then again, people always wish that when they have no control over where they get to in life. I stared straight ahead into nothingness. I hadnt moved for what felt like hours. I left the Hood, engaged cruise, and flew into nothing. The anger was burning into a rage, and I could hardly contain it. The implants were coming online and going offline in spurts. I was losing my resolve, I was losing control. I could feel the Nomad in the back of my mind reeling in anger as well. For the first time it spoke to me.

We are not so different you know. It said to me. We both have destiniesneither of us want to be a part of them.

What do you know about me Nomad? You and your kind is what caused all this mess you know. Were here because of you and your brethren.

Not because of mebecause of what I did. Listen closely:

When it was time for me to take over my first Human, I resisted. I believed taking over man was wrong, even immoral. If the creators had intended for us to take over man, and cause a war, they would have left instructions to do so. But the others saw my outbursts as weakness and treason. They threatened to send me to the Humans to be experimented on, but I still resistedand they did just as they said they would. I was sent to the group who made you what you are now.

Why should I listen to you and what you say? Youve caused more pain to me than any mortal creature should have to endure, I want to be mortal, I want to be normal!

What harm does it cause for me to tell you my story?

I thought about it, the Nomad was right. The story wasnt causing any harm to me to know what it went through to get to where it is now.

You think I like being encased inside another creatures body? Only able to see what it does and how it uses my strength to get revenge? But I will say, Leonardo Uzamakiyour Retribution is much more noble than other creaturesyou areunique.

Unique

Leo, to you, I give you my strengthuse itbecome stronger than those of Tainted

And kill them all

As the Nomad spoke, my eyes became alive; I felt every muscle in my body tighten in perfect unison. Then the migraines came in and I felt like my head was going to split open. I screamed in agony as my eyes and ears began to leak blood on the console in front of me. Then it stopped and I opened my eyes, I saw the world in another light. It was blue, I saw colors that people would never see in their life, I saw particles swimming in the air around me.

Kill them all it said again and I felt the rage burning deep within my soul

They will beg for mercy.
Tainted Warship
Unknown Sector
Unknown Space

Leo is coming. Someone said.

Shut up. You will speak when spoken to. said the Stranger.

I will not shut up. When Leo comes to this place, to this world, you will regret ever taking us from our homeyou will regret-

I said shut up! he said backhanding a woman tied up. She looked back up in spite of him and continued to talk.

Leo will not be killed; Leo will never stop until you are dead.

Leo is weak, he doesnt realize it yetbut he is. Leonardo will fallhe will die at my feet.

Keep thinking that, you sick twisted ****, and it might come true.

The man gave the woman another dirty look before turning to leave the room.

In time you will understandShan-Katacuchi. Your brother was as hard to subdue into our memory chambers, but we will find a way to wipe yours as well.

The room shook and alarms sounded throughout the ship.

I told you Shan said before felling limp in the chains.

Ravens Talon
Unknown Sector
Unknown Space

I crashed the ship into the landing bay and climbed out. I stood staring at the bulkheads in the ship. I saw no sign of any ships from the Havoc. It had indeed been destroyed. Guards came rushing in and I felt the Nomad in the back of my mind allow me to use some of its strength and power.

My brethren are weak; show them the true power of a Hybrid.

I felt the power of the Nomad course through my veins as they came rushing me. The world around me warped and shimmered out of existence. With lightning fast reflexes and processing, I figured out all the ways to take them down, I saw how I would kill each and every one of them. As the first guard rushed me, I held my hands out and pushed with my mind and they each fell back a little bit, staring in wonder and amazement.

Out of my mouth I spoke, and my voice sounded pure evil.

Each of you will die a very unpleasant death, flee now and you might escape that destiny.

A few at the back panicked and ran away back through the hallway doors.

Seems only some of you have the wits to escapevery wellDIE!

My mind calculated each thing I could do. Without my blades that I lost on Manhattan, I was unable to fight properlyhowever just because I didnt have them, didnt mean that I couldnt cause harm to the men who stood before me. The first wave reached me and I acted quickly, I disarmed the first man as quickly and easily as one would disarm an infant. I brought the gun around quickly and fired the weapon into the mans gut; a look of surprise caught his face before I fell over. The rest came with full force. Two men were the first to arrive at my feet. My palm found the mans chin and drove it up and back, breaking his neck. I grabbed his shirt and spun his body around; throwing it into the group that was coming up close behind him. The other man came rushing and attempted to bash me with his rifle. I swung low at the hip and narrowly missed his attack. As I spun low, I fell to my right hand and spun my feet in a low attack, using my hands to balance me. The guard hit the ground and bullet met temple as he screamed once and died quickly.

The rage was burning so violently in my chest now, that it was hard to breathe. I could feel the rage and anger pushing me, driving me. The Nomad in the back of my mind was providing me with strength and power, but not taking me over. I could still control myself completely. However, I knew that the more I used its power, the weaker I would become to its attempts to take me over. The guards sat either moaning or dead in front of me. I stepped over them easily and walked down the hall, disarming the weapons I had acquired as I went. I pulled the clips out and emptied them and threw the clips and guns to opposite ends of the hall.

I turned the next hall and met a small group of guards standing at the ready. Each of them had their eyes glowing blue. They were prepared to fight. Tainted was a smart group, these were no normal soldiers. They were hybrids. They came rushing down the hall screaming full of rage, but they didnt know the power and strength that I had bottled up inside. Within minutes, I had them disarmed and groaning on the ground. I kicked open the door and the first thing I saw was Shan, unconscious and bound to a wall.

Im getting you out of here. I said. Shan looked up and screamed in fear. What? Whats wrong?

Y-y-you look like someone whos infested! she said in a panicked voice.

Im not, trust me, Im meI cant believe youre alivewho else survived?

She calmed down a bit as I got the last restraint off and collapsed in my arms.

I dont know, all I know is I made it to the escape pods and launched just as the ship got blown to smithereens. Sarah was a double agent along with your mother.

My mother? I repeated. Are you sure?

She claimed to be, we figured she wasnt and we were right, her and Sarah dropped the defenses of the ship just as six warships came inwe were doomed from the start. Oh Leowill we ever lead a normal life?

I looked down at hear, she held her knees close to her body and shivered. She looked up at me, her eyes in full Nomad. The rage came back in full swing as I saw they had turned her into one of usinto a Hybrid.

Ill make sure of it, even if it means killing me

Shan shook her head and climbed to her feet from the floor and laid her arms across my shoulders and stared into my eyes.

You will not die Leonardo Uzamaki, because I love you, and those I love never dieyou hear me? Never.

She kissed me once and stared into my eyes again.

Im ok to walk, I heard the crash, doesnt sound like were piloting your ship out of herethere was a ship launch just before the Havoc was destroyed, it was Kurt with Rag. If we can locate them, they can get us the hell out of here. Ill locate somewhere to get a transmission out.

I looked at her worried and she laughed.

Ill be finegomake sure these bastards feel every punch you land on them.

I nodded and left the room. Shan departed the other way. They werent all dead.

Curious you humans are

Thats the third time Ive heard that from one of your kindwhy is that?

Becausewe never feel emotion, and yet in the past few moments, I have felt rage, anger, passion, and lovelovestrongvery strong.

The Nomad trailed out and back to the back of my mind where it had sat for years, the power left me and I fell to my knees and focused my energy. I climbed back to my feet and ran down the hallway, towards the guard quarters.
Pages: 1 2