Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Tau-45
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

[Image: navmap.jpg]

An errant jumphole hidden behind the far reaches of the Kepler dark matter cloud, Tau-45 is the stronghold of the Xeno movement. Offering the foundation of their civilian population, cottage industry and ongoing efforts to reclaim the rights of Liberty's working class people, no matter the cost.

Feel free to click either the map or the title for the system file. Install in the same manner as you would any other mod. All ships and equipment have been removed to prevent any potential abuse. Please remember to uninstall the mod prior to playing Discovery multiplayer.

In short, we thought it would be nice for us to share the efforts of our own "Capt. G. Thacker", as he's known on the disco forum, or XA-Viper, as you would know him in game. A lot of love and effort went into this system and we're awfully proud of it.

Final version is being scrubbed by Hyperion for submission, this version is simply a slightly cleaned up version of the one built in FLE.
I thought xenos already had a guard system in the mod?
They do. Tau-45.

We just spruced it up a little.

So I suppose this isn't a -new- system submission so much as an 'upgraded' system submission. We put up the money to buy the system, now we're upgrading it.
Yea, this is it, tau 45.. but theres nothing there but one base, if i remember correctly.

Very nice work

EDIT: What dusty said ^^
ah, i see...

well nice work to the system creators =)

EDIT:

I've been wanting to make a xeno character for a while, just seems like a fun role to play... but I cant seem to get past the limited ships =/

Can you guys use the tigershark or stinger? Both civilian ships...
There is one thing I'd like to add to this thread. Since FLE wouldn't let me change Alamo's infocard (crashed every time), I'm going to put it here, since it tells a good part of the Tau-45 system's story.

Quote:CLASS: Fort
GRAVITY: Complete
DOCKING: Yes
AMENITIES: Limited
POPULATION: 240

Alamo Base was established by Deep Space Engineering in 795 A.S. after an initial survey detected the presence of untapped mineral resources on SPC-T45a. DSE had hoped to use the base to do a more detailed survey of the planet and eventually to establish a colony on the planet. Unknown to DSE, however, was the presence of a Xeno Guard base in the system. The Xenos reacted to the corporate presence with extreme hostility, and eventually drove DSE from the base and the system. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your point of view), the Xenos do not have the means to exploit Death Valley's resources, or their fortunes might be much different. Still, they guard it jealously all the same.
I'll reply to you over PM tenacity
I'm curious why Xeno bases have Hispanic names...seems a bit paradoxical don't you think?
Nome and the Barrow were named for cities in Alaska.

Ouray is named for Ouray, Colorado, an old silver mining town.

As the Alamo was the default station for Tau-45 we chose other names that reflected battles of the Texas Revolution, the Alamo being one of them. Refugio and Gonzales being another two that we found apt for the tasks at hand.

Edit: Of course I did Glenn! *ninja*
Actually, the names are taken from battles of the Texas Revolution, where Texas got it's independence from Mexico. In truth, the names are actually appropriate.

=EDIT=
You beat me to it, dusty!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6