Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Junker Hopeful Seeking Advice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

Decided I want to get into being a Junker. Just rejoined Disco Mod after years of absence and wanted to get back into the swing of things.

So, what is the best path to getting a very Neutral Junker IFF? What restarts, bribes, missions etc?

Many thanks in advance Big Grin

EDIT: Should quickly mention, I'd like to start as an Indie Junker, might look to trying to join the Congress sometime down the line.
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=91634
No idea how neutral that'll be, but at least it's easy.
Thanks for the Link, I'll give the junker rep steps a go and reply with the results in case it's useful for anyone else.

Any more input would be great guys, thanks
Hrm, it put me hostile to far too many Factions for my liking. I'm probably going to go for a base Liberty restart and kill Xenos.
(02-03-2013, 07:45 PM)Gunnisson Wrote: [ -> ]Hrm, it put me hostile to far too many Factions for my liking. I'm probably going to go for a base Liberty restart and kill Xenos.

Greeting Gunnisson,

sorry for my late reply but I was absent a bit... Regarding your question about a restart I'd say it's best to do a /restart Kusari since it provides you with neutral status with most Gallic factions. After you do the restart, to fine tune your rep, you should kill enough Xenos to get BH's to good status (they should be on the positive side). Once you do that you need to kill BH's (ether ships or their depots in Manchester or Shikoku) to almost hated status. That will improve your Molly and Red Hessian status, along with all pirate factions, and you'll be able to fly all round Sirius. This does take a bit of time but it pays to do it in the long run if you ask me.

All of the fine tuning should be done with a freelancer ID. Only when your rep is nicely set you should buy the Junker ID. Once your ID is mounted and you undock, the rep will be reset to almost hated status for a few factions (Ageira, BH's and a few others). Those rep's can't be changed no matter how many bribes you take. After you undock or relog they will be set to their default status, unless they already hate you (rep only goes down never up if you catch my drift Wink ).

Oh and one more thing... I advise you to fly around Sirius a bit before you start fine tuning your rep, so that you get all factions you are interested in in your Faction list (default F8 button). Some factions are not known to you when you do a restart (like Gallic factions for instance) and fine tuning your rep without knowing what's it doing to yet unmet factions may cause you troubles later.

Hope it helps.