Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: TO: IMG miners omega-7 >encrypted<
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sender: Ted.Prescot
CC: Red Hessian faction

Greetings to IMG miners. Your guild has been reccomended to us from third party who associate with you in omega 7 sector. We heard that you are skilfull with the copper ore . Some our agreements bounds us somehow to deny Rheinland companies to mine in that sector. As we want to keep neutrality, we wonder to offer you permanent job in sector to mine copper. You are in tolerable relations to official Rheinland authorities , omega 15 is independent system anyway.
We know that you have those resources in closer omega 7 , but we ask for only one-two oficially tagged ships to dispatch to this sector to work with us . It would be enough and he will have full time job and good customers.
You can try even diamonds, maybe harder to learn but i bet yo have better expirience then some unguilded pseudo miners.
This area is visited by Daumann miners too. We are not in position to judge who is good and who is not, but we think that appearence of IMG in independent system will propbably somehow discourage them to mine here on larger scale due to concurention.
They mine for us sometimes and not for commerciall scale, but nevtherless we wanna reduce their services by offering job to IMG. Although they seem not to be so eager to go here as not supported by Military so they will stick to munich , koeln or wherever...
>>encrytion level priority hightened<<
IF you wanna learn to harvest diamonds, we maybe can persuade one Daumann indy who might instruct you to improve slightly in this, he owes us much, but this matter has to be considered separately.
[Image: jack.png]

**** SENDER: Jack Henderson, IMG Operations Coordination ****

**** TO: Ted Prescot ****

Dear Mr. Ted Prescot,

I am Jack Henderson, IMG Operations Coordination and I have been appointed to respond to the invitation.

The Guild has discussed the topic and even though an expansion of mining activities sounds alluring, we cannot at this time risk to overextend our ressources. We are hardly capable of keeping up with the demand in the Omegas and Taus.

Furthermore, there seem to be power shifts in Rheinland. There are unconfirmed rumors that the Rheinland military might make a push into Omega 7. In a politically unstable environment, the Guild cannot risk doing anything that could be interpreted as an anti-Rheinland move. Controversy in Omega 15 with DHC could be easily interpreted as such.

We would like to offer you some help, though: Aland Shipyard and Freistadt base sell the mining equipment you might be looking for. I reserved some of these ships, also spare parts for you, so you can aquire them on the open market easily. The history of these ships has been wiped, so they might come as interesting tools for your trade.

I am sorry that we cannot assist you in any other way, but the current situation doesn't allow us to do it. I hope you can understand this.

Good luck in your operations!

Jack Henderson
IMG Operations Coordination

[Image: end.png]
Hmm, thanks for those informations , we will consider this situation. It seems that Houses are pushing way to independent systems everywhere ... Maybe treaty of Curacao , and treaty of Betlehem were not good ideas at all from the point of indepndents.

Keep attention , there is a pattern in House policies. They use security for pretexture to policy. Dont discuss policy with militaryman. Nor allow politician to discuss too much military matters justifying that Rheincorps "knows" the best and it is proven on terrain.

We are aware that invisible hand of Daumann guide the supposedtly unnconnected dots to rheinland policy, but there is space to balance that wiling neccesity with politicians readiness to follow non coorporative backed agenda.
Our relations with Daumman are atm ambivalent, by caling You to omega 15 we would make copper fields more acesible from the point of others, and maybe some agrrement could be negotiated that you and dauman share rights on field - you mine monday wednesday friday , they mine tuesday thursday and saturday , and we mine for us sundays.
Daumman is out of game there and are reluctant to enter cause of pirate activity and that would be gain for them. You get alternative bussiens more and we are certain that we can push it further to get protector status on mining in those fields. We think Hessians will close eye on that, but see that as back up plan if situation on omega 7 worsenes or even as a active move to make mutual expand in new territory instead of claiming suverenity of independents. That is our line, if you find it interesting for your position contact us via pm protocol.

We will inform you from time to time at situation in omega 15. And will inquire for those ships you mentioned soon.
[Image: jack.png]

**** SENDER: Jack Henderson, IMG Operations Coordination ****

**** TO: Ted Prescot ****

Dear Mr. Ted Prescot,

Thank you for your answer. House politics and independent systems are a bad topic. It seems even the Houses that were badly weakened manage successfully to expand into the independent border territories. How they do it? I don't know. Must be some kind of magic, but anyway.

A plan of sharing mining rights with Rheinland Corporations will not work. It took ages to agree on a Mining Treaty in Omega 7, and then Rheinland just dropped out of it at their first convenience. I doubt that there can be anything like peaceful cooperation and working on the same fields. Rheinland Corps have never been able to do that and I am not in a mood to risk another adventure that would endanger the status quo.

Thank you very much for your opinion on the current political situation.

Your ships are ready for being taken to action whenever you find the time to get them.

Good luck and please keep me posted on your operations.

Jack Henderson
IMG Operations Coordination

[Image: end.png]
We will stay in contact, apparently we inqured a little about Kruger mining so called corporation and background of their hmm... partially dissolving. We got even some unofficial threats from their remnants about our moves down here.
Our official relations to Dauman are severed at the moment, but some informal contacts still left. I think personally that they might like this idea, as we informally discussed with some of their medium ranked officialls, but for public reasons they will never openly admit it in direct offer.

IF you find this idea in any way helping to IMG, i may be so bold to advise you to send some very formal polite letter to Daumann about our ideas in 015 copper fields. Some neutral letter just to probe them what is their appinons on this matter.
If they like it then there can be your mutual project to ease situation , if they dont like it , you can say - Well that was not actually our idea , but omega 15 zoners , we feeled not confortable not to consult with your company (on whatever stance are we atm)

We end transmision link now for some time. Will monitor sitation . ... Prescot out...
***Commlink protocol re-opening***
***Link established***
***Message transmission***

Sender: Ted. Prescott

Greetings IMG fellows, some time has passed until our last contact. We have establish cooperation with some independent miners affiliated with Your guild. However as our base and influence has grown we got on mind one idea and wanna ask yoo for approval.
We want to put ~TZR~ the zoner republic - our tag of recognition to your IMG Indy miners. YOu are aware that zoners are not skilled in mining at all. What is purpose of this ? This tag will show that your workers are under direct protection from our freeport and has license to work in our system. They will be however hindered than they cant operate elsewhere, but they chose to come here. By doing this you will establish expeditionary foothold and not be imposed directly toward other companies suspicion. They will have to deal with us if they find their interests somehow endangered , as IMG is subcontractor.
Those licensces will be given directly and decided from case to case, all subcontractors will be on public list. We will soon make some mining regulations official and our goal is to allow all to have benefits from fields there, but in the condition not to outcompete or work with hostility. This would impair anyone expansionistics claims, but would offer opportunity for all. We will be benefactors and rule imposing for all.
We dont ask for something not already de facto happening on terrain. Situation here is getting better from our last contact. those people already there will comint to work in omega 15. >
awaiting Your answer , cincerly Ted.Prescot & Fred. Bloggs administrators of freeport 101
[Image: ClaireOwens.png]

Misters Prescott and Bloggs,

As Henderson stated, Rheinland and their corporations are unlikely to cooperate with you out in the Omegas, even if it isn't our own spot in O-7. They'd like to own all of the fields, but groups like yours or the fairly prominent Guild do have some stake that they'll have to deal with.
I would mention something about affiliating with any Guildmember would likely make you more of a concern to them, but you've got plenty of problems in that department from the rumours we've heard. Although we're not ones to shy away from conflict, going against the houses isn't something we do (any more).

The independent miners who've started looking for work with you must have missed the last Guild newsletter - there was an article about there being little point in mining diamonds. If they are not going to renew their subscription, perhaps they should show they are mining outwith the Guild. Despite what some might say, we are not Zoners - let your workers make their choice before painting it on their mining ships.

Good luck in your endeavours, but do not overestimate your importance to Rheinland.

Until next time,
Claire Owens
Hello, Mis Claire

Luckily this proposal of ours we havent put in reality. IT seems that You are right about things in Omegas - to achieve peace and good relations is very complicated indeed. We sticked and will stick to suggestions You have already given us in first contact. Even more necessary after crisis we had 2 days ago. Your guild will not be involved in any case of zoner policies around.

with respects , Prescott Ted