Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Pandora's Box - The Wild Side of Sirius
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pandora's Box

Since the Royal Cruise Liner Pandora has served its purpose as refugee tranporter during the war with Gallia, it now was renovated and became an all-rounder luxury liner. Shipping wealthy passengers such as politicans, nouveau riche capitalists and prosperous tourists from all quarters of Sirius, aswelll as offering beatiful cruises to remote systems and popular spots within the Sirius sector, is one of the Pandora's new tasks. Although the management and security aboard the liner is all handled by the Captain Edward Hope himself - the ship operates under the name of Queen Carina, and uses Armed Forces signature and license. Apart from that, the Pandora shares values such as independency and freedom of opinion, which makes it accessible by anyone likeminded or well-disposed. Though dispositions often get ignored, which cause a Freeport-like atmosphere at the public places. With the Pandora's renovation, it was equipped with a new entertainment module, the so-called Pandora's Box. It is splitted into three parts: the café Club Auriga, the bar Lounge Blue and the discotheque Afterlife.

Club Auriga

[Image: club_auriga.png]

The Club Auriga is a typically bretonian café, where tea, coffee and traditional meals are serverd, aswell as small snacks, delicious confectionery and pastries. People appreciate this comfortable place for talkings about either serious business or private issues and affairs.

Lounge Blue

[Image: lounge_blue.png]

Lounge Blue is a relaxing zone where people can enjoy their longdrinks at the sug couches, while having a panorama view outside into deep space and listening to chilling sounds and grooving beats of this new decade. The local bar offers a wide selection of Rum, Sake, Vodka, Gin, Whiskey, Ale, wine and beer.

Afterlife

[Image: disco_afterlife.png]

The dancefloor at the Afterlife is always filled with dance-mad young people who just want to party, have fun and be happy. Famous DJ's seek to create a pleasing atmosphere through playing the right music. As well as at the Lounge, the bars sell many-colored and fruity cocktails.
The beat of a libertonian remix is heard as Natalie enters the 'Afterlife'. The purple disco lights make her short dress' shiny surface appear to be dyed in pink. Her glossy lips are colored dark-green, aswell as her fashionable dress. The black long hair is jumping around while she walks towards the lower bar. Her long well-shaped legs in a pair of black stilettos attract the nearby men's attention, who gaze at her short dress, in hope to sneak a peek underneath her sexily tight dress. "Fred my sweetheart." She says to the bartender whose eyes appeared to be glowing for a second. Was Evan here yet? The young bartender shakes his head reverential. Oh, then be a good boy and bring a Rheinbier to my table - and tell Evan to accompany me, once he arrives. It's important. She says in her bittersweet voice and walks to a reserved VIP couch above the dancefloor.
Roughly 10 minutes after Natalie had entered the Afterlife Evan arrived there, as always dressed in the Bretonian Armed Forces uniform, just as he was supposed to.
The standard Bretonian pistol placed on his right side, just as every soldier had to have it.
Due to him being one of the ships guards nobody dared to even ask about this weapon, he just had to have it.
Upon entering the Afterlife he gave a short nod to the barkeeper, just as if he already knew what he had to do.
He headed to the VIP area right away, sitting down right next to Natalia.

"You wanted to talk to me Miss Claesen?"

If someone would have looked carefully and with a bit of luck, they might have realized just how much he hated this primitive way of communication, but why should someone look after a guard in the VIP area?
[Image: natalie_afterlife.png]

Natalie crossed her legs as Evan approachs at the VIP area. Her penetrating expression of the eyes follow the bretonian soldier's steps when he walks straight to her place. She gazes at him until he finally sat down. Without any greeting, and if she could have read his thoughts, she said: I share your antipathy, Evan. But while were amongst them, we should try to behave like being one of them. People expect me to be present in public, and since the captain's illness... She smiles maliciously. ...I was given the task to take care of the security aboard the Pandora. She bends over to him and whispers in a melodic voice: He's ours now. Soon we'll have full control over this liner. She leans back again and holds her drink triumphantly into the air. It's about time to discuss our future plans with the community. But not here. And that also wasn't the reason for why I wanted to talk to you. She spits out the word 'talk' like a malignant neoplasm. However, I want you to do me a favour - now that Mr. Hope will be soon fully converted, and my last Wraith was nothing more but worthless debris, I need to get my hands back on a spacecraft. Nein, those Templars don't fit me. I've had a better idea. I've got a Series Z Sabre, which should be now modified into a Series CZ hybrid bomber, waiting for me at Altair to be picked up. She pauses and winks seductively at Evan. Can you bring me there pretty please?
He just sat there, not a single motion in all the time she talked. One could have thought he would be nothing but a stone figure. After she finished he started to speak again.

"I cant not leave the ship as long as we are not sure that everything works in the way we have planned. But we should be able to arrange something to bring you to your destination. You wouldnt mind a passage on board of a Freighter, would you? We should be able to meet with a certain Humpback captain at the next harbor."

He continued to stare at the people on the dance floor, just like a predator waiting for his prey.
Natalie gazes into the air for a short while as if she'd be talking to someone else. Her earrings jingle as she nods. "Ja, fair enough. That'd be an alternative. Good idea Evan." Her face turns back to him, showing her piercing look again. "I'll take the Humpback then. Should be faster anyways. And I really don't like to miss a thing here." She follows Evan's example and watches the crowded dancefloor, where young people were going wild, dancing in the most colorful lights to the rythm of exotic beats. "We shall see each other in a week or later again." As she overlooks the sweating crowd, she fixes her eyes on an attractive man, who was about to enter the dancefloor. "Duty calls. I love my job here." She says, with a broad grin and a knowing wink while she stands up, smoothing her dress and walks straight towards the unsuspecting pack.