Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Stop taking CDs off ships
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Give NPCs CDs.
(02-24-2013, 10:27 PM)Ingenious Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-24-2013, 10:24 PM)Ursus Wrote: [ -> ], or you buy big guns and have to install a big engine and then you have no room for cargo anymore.

Don't we already have a system where guns take up cargo?
~10 units per, not exactly punitive. it's only used for tweaking cloak time, not for reclassing a hull from cruiser to cargo ship. Devs even removed the ability to run weapons from different ship classes (use fighter turrets on a transport) because it broke the mold too much.

powerplants are not interchangeable, certainly not between classes (IE, put a transport powerplant on a cruiser)
Nice derail, Ursus.
I voted no just for the fact that the PTrans would become useless, since each and every pirate will be sporting a BWT with cloak.

Although..liners have CD's for what reason I don't know.

Either way, if you wanto do cargo Piracy use the PTrans, that is already very good.

Edit: Though many frighters still have a CD and or wouldn't make a huge difference if they got one.
(02-25-2013, 04:20 PM)Xelon Wrote: [ -> ]I voted no just for the fact that the PTrans would become useless, since each and every pirate will be sporting a BWT with cloak.

Although..liners have CD's for what reason I don't know.

Either way, if you wanto do cargo Piracy use the PTrans, that is already very good.

Edit: Though many frighters still have a CD and or wouldn't make a huge difference if they got one.

PTrans packs a much bigger punch than BWT. If you know anything about piracy, you will know that pirating in a BWT is a silly concept.

Hegemon used to have a CD and people used it for mercenary work. Where is that creative originality now? Killed by this implicit RP dictation.
So your logic is summed up the in the following statement: Transports must be able to beat fighters, gbs and, if lucky enough, cruisers. Must have a CD and must be all shiny and cool.

Sorry, but no from me at any rate. Transport ships is a transport ship which is short of everything to make a room for alot of cargo. I have no idea why transports have so much armor and firepower they have now anyway, shouldn't be that way.

Gonna hear more "make civilian transports able to beat away military attack crafts" nonsence.
(02-26-2013, 02:03 PM)Remilia Scarlet Wrote: [ -> ]So your logic is summed up the in the following statement: Transports must be able to beat fighters, gbs and, if lucky enough, cruisers. Must have a CD and must be all shiny and cool.

Sorry, but no from me at any rate. Transport ships is a transport ship which is short of everything to make a room for alot of cargo. I have no idea why transports have so much armor and firepower they have now anyway, shouldn't be that way.

Gonna hear more "make civilian transports able to beat away military attack crafts" nonsence.

Nah, actually I didn't say that, I just said I wanted CDs.
This actually started out as a productive discussion. Let's try and keep it that way.
Battleships wants CDs as well, however they are short of those for purpose. Same for everything else. Correo is short of level 9 turret and gun slots for purpose. Camara short of CD for purpose.
Theyre not going to add CDs to the combat freighters due to the fact of cloaks. Altough im sure if you give them a good idea on what to do with cloaks and stop these new CD freighters from becoming Combat / Pirate freighters maybe it will happen.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5