Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: A pleasant evening?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: City.jpg]

Junko looked at herself.
"Why did i listen to you."
Making a somewhat comical pout, she gazed back unkindly at the other girl standing near her in front of the mirror.

Her friend shrugged, pretending to be bored.
"Because it was a good idea?"
"But look at... This!" replied angrily Junko.
"Well? You look quite cute. Wasn't it the objective? Or maybe i missed something..."

Junko sighed.
"I look like a... Pah! And now it's too late to clean the one centimeter thickness make up layer you did put on my face."
"Relax, Junko. Trust me : He will love it."

She then took her friend by her shoulders, leading her to the main door and ignoring her complaints.
Tapping on Junko's bottom, she chased her out of the house.
"Go, girl. have fun now."
"Damnit..." said Junko to herself after having bit her lips, now she was alone in garden.

She eventually began to walk away slowly to reach the park supposed to be the meeting spot.
Once she reached the place, she leaned against the balustrade, gazing thoughtfully at the quietly flowing river...

He sighed.
Why was he nervous again?
They knew each other long enough now and it wasn't the first time they were going out.
But he was nervous nonetheless.

What if she was still mad? She had just left him there on Java and he had been too proud to follow her.
Her responses to his messages had been good though. She didn't sound like she was still angry. But well, everything should be cleared tonight.
He took a deep breath and left his appartment.

It took him a bit longer to find the park than he had thought, so he arrived about five minutes late.
He soon noticed the lonely girl watching the river. Silently he walked up behind her and eventually leaned against the balustrade, and gazed at the river.

"A beautiful night, isn't it?"

Surprised she quickly turned her head around to him. He looked at her and smiled.

"Hello Junko.."

One could have said the way she returned his smile was somewhat shy; An expression he wasn't used to see her displaying.
"Hello, Hideaki." she replied after a smile.

A smile that quickly faded way.
"You're late."
"I'm sorry. It took longer to come here than i expected."
"That's fine, that's fine..." she said while gazing back at the river.
"It's just a shame we never take the time to appreciate the beauty around us. It is indeed a beautiful mild night..."

He looked at the river as well for a short while, wondering if it was part of some strategy she planned while giving him a rendez-vous here. Giving her a side look, he noticed she looked embarrassed, sort of.

It wasn't the time to lower his guard...

After a while he started to talk, not too comfortable with the silence that had settled after their initial words.
He smirked a bit. "The night isn't the only thing being beautiful tonight though."

"hmm..."
Apparently this statement managed to increase her embarrassment and she looked away, seemingly observing the beauty of a nearby tree.
He smiled knowingly and changed the subject.

"So you said you're back on duty again. That must be great. No more sitting at home being bored, right?"
Subtly, he checked if he could notice any signs of her being still hurt.

"Well, I finally got the medics too agree that I'm completely fine. You know exactly how much I hate to stay at home doing nothing."

She turned around to look at him.
"And you? All fine? Well rested?"

He nodded slowly. "Maybe too well rested.."
"But that little vacation was really nice. I had some time without worry."

"Good to hear. Especially since your little friend, the admiral stupid, started to drum up already. Our division received new orders. Looks like we will have a lot of fun pretty soon."
"Oh." just said Ishikawa, frowning slightly while his gaze was extending into the distance.

"But... Let's not waste this evening with work related talks. This can wait tomorrow. Where are we going?"
"You're hungry?" He smiled.
"Well i was considering to bring you to a very nice fast food restaurant..."
He gave her a side look, while speaking, amused to see her pouting.
"... but since you were so disappointed with that sort of food on Java... Well... I was advised a traditional restaurant, well renowned."

"I hope it isn't too expensive..."
"It will be fine. Now, dear Junko, give me your hand and let me guide you through the febrile crowd of this fine district" he said, jesting, while extending his hand.

She hesitated for a moment before she took his hand and gazed up at him.
"Fine. Lead the way then."

He smiled and together they left the quiet park and moved into the busier areas of the Shibuya district. The advertising screens on the skyscrapes shined brightly through the night and many people were on the shopping streets walking to and fro.
"How was Kusari doing while I was gone then? Seems like everything is still fine."

She shrugged. "Well, I was keeping it safe of course. But all in all it has been quiet. Our little mission did get some attention though-"
She suddenly stopped, realising that she was talking about a touchy subject now.

"Oh, I would hope so. We invested quite a lot of time in it after all."
He didn't make the impression that he still was bothered by what has happened on Java.

They walked during a few. She wondered how to approach that touchy subject.... But in the end, after giving him a side look, she opted for that blunt approach she was used to.

"Are we going to talk about what happened, then? You know... Me beating you up, you getting mad, i getting mad by consequence... and then leaving, you eventually deciding to run for a few days? Did i summarize correctly?"

Ishikawa frowned slightly at this.
"Well, I guess we can. There's not much to say though..."
"You are still upset then?"
"I'm not upset any more. I have long forgiven you for knocking me unconscious."
"And about taking the bomber?" she asked. "But why did you forgive me? You were so angry a few days ago... Which made me angry consequently."

"I know why you did it... " finally replied Ishikawa. "I still don't like it, but it's not like I can change anything about it now."
"Alright?" just said Junko, slowing down to brake their speed. He finally gave her a look.
"Talk to me...?" She said, her tone being between an inquiry and an order.

The man sighed.
"There was a reason why I decided to take that mission. So that nobody else would have to risk his life. But then you, of all people the one I care the most about, decided it's a better idea to risk your life instead!"
"I'm sorry.", she said thoughtfully after a while.
"You're sorry?" he replied perplexed. Those words were a rare thing, coming from her.

That made her stare at him before saying. "Hmm... Let me think.. why could i have said that. Oh yes, i remember now. I wanted to mean you're an idio..."
He raised his hand to make her stop, recognizing one of those mechanisms she was fond of.
"And if we were in the same situation again, you would decide exactly the same, wouldn't you?"
"Of course. And so would you if the roles were inverted?"

He sighed, lowering his hand. A smile finally appeared on his face.
"Of course... One day we will both die because we were trying to save each other's life."
"Hmm..." she muttered, as they resumed walking at a descent speed.
"The only thing i regret is to not have tied you up."

He shrugged, acting like that wouldn't have been any problem at all.
"I would have just chewed through the ropes then."

She slightly shook her head.
"I think you would have been forced to call for help.
Because... I wouldn't have been stupid enough to not tie you up decently, hm?"

He frowned before answering.
"It would have been silly anyway.. You couldn't have finished the mission alone."

She tilted her head as if she had to think about that.
"Hm.. Maybe.
But at least i was in the coffin.
Which was far better.
So let's say...I accept your apologies, and you accept mine."

He stayed quiet for some time before finally answering and nodding.
"Fine. We're even."

"But." He smirks at her. "I think we got interrupted in the middle of something on Java."

She gazed back to him with a questioning expression, as if she didn't understand what he meant. He smirked in return.
"Well, it was very inconvenient that I received the message exactly at that time."
"Oh.. Well it.. It was all part of my plan." she replied in a somewhat convincing way.

"hm, really? I didn't have the feeling it was." he finally said after gazing away. She replied straight off.
"It's because i'm a very talented comedian. I could make you think you are a god on earth if i wanted...."
"Sure. Except that back then it wasn't acting. I should have had my PDA on silent mode.."
"How can you be so sure?"
"I'm not blind. And I know you for quite a while now."

"Alright." she replied in a somewhat unkind way.
"Let's pretend you're right. Too bad your admiral stupid called then.

Did you send him the thing, anyway? Was he happy? Maybe he even recommended you for a nice chocolate made medal"

Ishikawa remained silent, reflecting for a short while as they were walking.
"He was quite happy, but he didn't like that there were two ships instead of just one. It's alright though. He didn't ask."
"Hmm.. So you saw him already?"
"He sent me a message."

"Oh right... Are we lost already?" asked the lady, gazing around before looking at him.
"We aren't lost."
"Well... I hope we're not going to walk during hours because... Well those shoes are horrible."
"Don't worry. If it's really that bad I'll carry you. "

[Image: Sanada_mon.png]

They eventually reached a building in traditional style. The warm colours of Chochin lamps were lighting up the building. Ishikawa lead her to the door and the couple soon stepped in.

"Finally we're here. I heard it's the best on New Tokyo." said the man as they were gaing at the inside, that was rather quiet full well dressed and well behaved persons. After having both taken off their shoes, Ishikawa took Sanada's hand and lead her to the table he had reserved, waiting for her to seat.

"This reminds me of my youth.." she said, after having assumed an informal lotus in front of the little table, a position considered as chocking for a woman.
"I hope it isn't bad." He finally said, ignoring that offhand behaviour.
"We were having something to eat with my sister in a room right near the main one used by our parents. We had to respect the etiquette."

He smiled.
"hm. Now you can eat in the main room. I hope you will like the restaurant though."
"It looks very nice.... I believe it's a very expensive and 'select' establishment? Are you sure a captain and a commander do fit here?" she pondered after gazing to him.
"Why shouldn't we? It's not like we will eat here every day or so."

"Alright. So i will pay half the bill."
"Oh no you won't."
"I don't want to owe you anything. You will argue with me now? I thought you understood it wasn't wise." she said, frowning.
"And I think you will understand that taking you out to dinner also means that I will pay for it. You're not owing me anything. Take it as a gift. Or as reparation for taking you to that awful fast food restaurant."

The woman replied in an irrevocable way.
"Not going to work Hideaki. We both pay half of the bill. End of discussion."
"You're ruining my fun though."
"What is it you're having fun with?"
"It's fun to be the gentleman and all that."

She frowned even more, looking somewhat angry now.
"I don't subscribe to those stereotypes. As if the correct way to get women in your bed was to pretend they were unique and to pay them everything so that they get used to it.
"What is the correct way then?"

A smile suddenly appeared on her face.
"The correct way is to accept our sovereignty."

She then raised her fist before saying :
"I will make all of you crawl. CRAWL!"

Ishikawa looked around somewhat worried.
"Shh, Junko. Remember where we are."

She gave their surroundings a look as well.
"So? You can just apologise stating i'm drunk if someone complains, right?"

"Hm." He gazed at her for a moment. "So you'd like to make me crawl or what?"

She smiles at him. "Why not. Sounds like fun. Then i would take pictures."
He raised an eyebrow, giving her a look that made clear what he thought of that idea.
"Well, I'm sorry, but that won't happen."

She frowned at him. "You would disobey me?"
He gazed back at her sincerely. "I would."

She pouted a bit. "Alright." Then she put on a serious face again.
"Anyway... Yes. I think i will take a salad first. Followed by some Honshu octopus cooked in its oil, along with rice. And a bottle of water."

He nodded. "A good choice I guess. I will take a miso soup with seafood and then the salmon with rice and vegetables." Then he put the card away.

She drops the card and takes a quick look around before looking at him again. "Then.. Do you know what is going on?"
She suddenly frowned.
"And stop letting your eyes go down. My face is here."

Caught, he cleared his throat. "It is.. I was just.. uh.."
"Relax... I shouldn't have listened to Amaya" She sighed and looked down.

He looked at her interested. "huh? What did she say?"
She sighed again before talking.

"Well... My first mistake was to actually tell her why i was going out.
She then kept to herself to "prepare" me.
Hence why i'm wearing this hardly hiding anything dress. And those silly shoes.
Isn't it wonderful to have friends?"

He thought for a moment before replying.
"Well, in this case.. it is.
The dress is fitting you very well. And you have no reason to hide anything."

Pages: 1 2