Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: to Order HC :: offshore
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

[Image: gene_serious.jpg]

I am writing a brief note to you to speak about a matter of base construction. I head up a limited-liability partnership called Intrigue Industries, comprising freelancers and scientists. We are building a base in a contested system in the Omicrons. Our plans are for this to serve as a research and trade outpost—and an anchor for our business partners, the Junkers, who wish to access this remote area. The Junkers' Congress has agreed to help move in some of the harder-to-acquire construction materials, a job for which we are paying them quite well. We have no plans for factories.

I am more than happy to personally show a scout wing to the somewhat remote location. I trust you will be pleased with this outpost and will determine a way to benefit from it for your own purposes. If you have any questions or requirements regarding this, please let me know immediately. Also, inform me of which ships you would like to be granted docking rights to this station.

Best regards,
Denny Lampkin
[Image: l7b058Wpsf.png]
Gut day Herr Lampkin.

I am Enrico Davids, Commander of Order taskforce One Four One and part of
Order High Command which on their behalf I speak to you.

Aha, so you are about to set up ein installation. For research purpose?
Let me make this straight: The last "research installation" was wiped out by us
due to some rather stupid decisions from its operators. And they also
were all nice and so innocent. At least they claimed to be.

Moreover, the Order still remembers the last time we saw ships of the
Junkers' Congress in Omicrons.
And this had to do with collecting nomad material which we will not accept under
any circumstances. Admiral Golanski from the primary Order| fleet contacted them,
they still owe us ein answer to this little issue.

So, the Order High Command would like to hear some gut reason on why we
should trust you and your collection of researchers and freelancers just like that?

[Image: nyAKEg7wgK.png]
Hello Mr. Davids,

Thanks for getting back to us. Firstly, I must say that the untimely demise of this previous installation you mention is unfortunate. But we're peaceful folk who like very few things: money, science, and alcohol. What we don't like are politics and confrontations. So why don't we just put everything on the table now.? We don't intend to do anything controversial or otherwise dangerous on our station. We are merely looking for a place to call home, and at the moment all we are doing is building scanners and improving some laser interferometry apparatuses. As such, we would be happy to give an Order representative administrative access to our station's monitoring systems as a way of confirming a relationship of mutual trust.

As far as the Junkers, I will try to inquire into this previous activity of theirs. But I'd almost rather not get my hands dirty in that. So, if their presence bothers you, we can waste no time sorting out a pleasant solution.

May I also remark that the location of the installation will provide you with a tactical opportunity. We will be happy to supply your patrols in their surveillance of the surrounding area.

Best,
Denny Lampkin
[Image: l7b058Wpsf.png]

You almost sound like ein zoner, Herr Lampkin.

Nevertheless, I think it will be best if we meet somewhere personally.
I suggest Freeport XV, Omicron 74. Around 20:00 Sirius Main Time

Or name ein other time if necessary.

Then we can discuss this issue properly.

[Image: nyAKEg7wgK.png]
Hello,

May I propose we meet at 18:00 at Freeport 11 instead? I will bring a fast freighter so as to expedite any travel.

Regards,
Denny Lampkin