Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: TO: OSI-Azrubel from RFP| // CC: OSI board of directors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: RFPHeader1.png]
[Image: n5huc8fxgnxo.jpg]

PRIORITY: Medium
ENCRYPTION: Medium
IDENTIFICATION: Oberst Thomas Wolthers
SOURCE: Nibelung Polizei Plaza, Planet New Berlin
SUBJECT: Violation of Rheinland Law

Sehr geehrter captain of the "OSI-Azrubel",

Your ship has been caught breaking the Rheinland laws. In this case you were
caught breaking the declared embargo against Liberty by smuggling uncut diamonds across the border.

This affects the following paragraph of Rheinland law:

Quote:§2. Rheinland declares a trade embargo against Liberty. No traders are to pass the Libertonian borders when coming from Rheinland with the following exceptions:

The normal process will be as follows:
Quote:In all cases, the entry permission of the violating vessel to Rheinland will be revoked, if found within Rheinland anyway, the ship will be shot on sight. In order to gain amnesty and clearance to enter Rheinland again, the violating vessel's crew is to pay 5 million credits in addition to the fine owed.

As the Rheinland Polizei tries to achieve ein better image for themselves, we try to solve problems like these before they get out of hand. In this case, you entry permission has not been revoked yet. You will be given 48 hours to pay the fine of

4.000.000 credits for the actual violation + additional 5.000.000 credits to the fine owed. The sum has to be sent to Rheinland.Criminal.DB

Evidence about this case will be viewable on request.

Note: According to Rheinland law, Article 2 §2.6. - corporate violations, this message is also sent to the OSI board of directors.

Mit Freundlichen Grüßen,
Rheinland Bundespolizei
[Image: Y3mVGBw.png]
Greetings, I'm currently the captain of the OSI-Azrubel.

Although I'm inclined to pay the fines as a gesture of goodwill towards Rheinland, as a formality I would like to see the evidence held against me before I make any further statements.

[Image: k1VpJUo.png]

Sehr geehrter Herr Silverstrike,

as asked by you, the evidence for your violation is as follows:

These are Polizei TLAG sensor data, which clearly show your ship traveling to Bering jumpgate. And so far, the TLAG sensors have never failed.
So, unless you don`t have anything else to say, you should pay the fine and send us ein evidence of the payment.

Otherwise I am forced to forward this incident to Oberst Renate Bommel, who is responsible for the registry of the Rheinland criminal data base.
And this would mean severe consequences for you and your ship, Herr Silverstrike.
Trust me, you don`t want this to happen...

Regards,
Thomas Wolthers
Rheinland Federal Polizei
[Image: Y3mVGBw.png]

I have discussed this matter with some of the OSI lawyers, and they have come up with some interesting points.

Quote:§2.1.4.3. For the vessels of Transport class with more than 3500 units of contraband in the cargo hold – cargo confiscation and 4.000.000 SC fine.

I would like to see proof of having more than 3500 units of uncut diamonds on board my ship. Seeing as TLAG only shows cargo but not the quantity of it, the current evidence shown is not enough.

Quote:§2. Rheinland declares a trade embargo against Liberty. No traders are to pass the Libertonian borders when coming from Rheinland.

You have shown proof of my ship being present in Rheinland, but I have yet to see evidence of jumping out of Rheinland space. Without such, further accusations be pointless, since there would be no law broken in the first place.

And considering the system of Bering as part of the Libertonian borders is arguable, specially being a contested system with claims from Rheinland with frequent military presence and patrols, I believe such turbid matters should be best left to be discussed among politicians, specially when it appears to me, there shall be no need to enter such a discussion to resolve this situation.

[Image: k1VpJUo.png]

Sehr geehrter Herr Silverstrike,

You do not have to citate the laws of Rheinland, I am quite familiar with them. I am very gut aware of them due to my several years of service for the Kanzler!

Moreover I know very well, that it is not the first time one of the OSI vessels was caught smuggling commodities across the border to Liberty. So much for your neutral stance, zoner!

Now I sugget you really pay this fine as soon as possible.. or else I will make...

Connection.....LOST || Transmission...TERMINATED

[Image: Markus_Schmarn.jpg]

PRIORITY: High
IDENTIFICATION: Inspekteur Markus Schmarn

Gut evening Herr Silverstrike. I am Markus Schmarn, Inspekteur of the Rheinland Federal Police.

In case you wonder why the transmission to Oberst Wolthers was lost, I terminated it.
Oberst Wolthers is ein gut man, but sometimes he exaggerates when it comes to executing the laws of Rheinland. As it is with this issue right now.
That is why I took the liberty of granting him some days vacation to calm down....immediately.

The usage of TLAG sensor data as sole evidence is not approved within Rheinland law, therefore the Oberst did not really have any relevant evidence against you and took conclusions too quickly.

Thus, I hope you accept mein apologizes about thie little inconvenience. And I hope this little...issue will stay closed, for the benefit of us all.
Because at one point, the Oberst is right. Your tour was rather...suspicious.

In case you still need ein reason to let this issue fall under the table, you should find about another one million reasons very soon.

So, Herr Silverstrike...have ein nice and...secure stay within Rheinland space.

Signed,

Markus Schmarn
Inspekteur Rheinland Federal Polizei