Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: BPA Rolecall!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As most of you probably know, elgatodiablo decided to leave Discovery for a while, at least.
Since the BPA still needs guidance, he decided to give that role to me.

So, I need to know who's still with us!
Enlist now, anybody not on the list until Saturday, June 21rst, 23.59 GMT is considered Missing in Action.
You can of course re-enter as an active member after a short PM to me and a patrol report in the message dumps.

Please include all your BPA character callsigns in your post. Alright, let's start counting!

Active members:

Sleipnir - BPA)Joshua.Cooper[PC], BPA)T.Cooper[SRD
CCI45-px/Probe149 - BPA)John.Grey
Baconsoda - BPA)Greg.Vederman
Epyon the Bored - BPA)Jerry.Whitacre
Nevermore - BPA)Samuel.Vimes[PC]
Jovial - BPA)Duncan.M'Guire
Ors - BPA)Brian.McNab, BPA)B.McNab[SRD
*drinking tea*

Hmm, the Earl Grey is the best. Wait, what's this?

Ah, yes, yes, yes, i remember. Well, John Grey is ready for partolling.

*eating fish 'n chips*
*In a bed at Cambridge Medical Center*

Injuries healing up quite nicely, Sergent Cooper. BPA)Greg.Vederman should be out and about again without much hassle pretty soon.

*Rolls over slowly*
Corporal Whitacre hauled himself up the side of his hospital bed, looking very green, as he stared at the screen. Orders were coming in; Sir Lauderdale had retired, so it seemed, and Josh Cooper had taken the Commissioner's chair. Whitacre decided he needed something hard. He slammed the Assistance button.

"What is it, Mister Whitacre?"

"A cup of Earl Grey with a shot of brandy, please, and some kind of pastry. Surprise me."

The nurse on the other end sighed. "Yes, Mister Whitacre, I'll get somebody on it right away. Marjorie!"

Jerry winced as his left leg shifted; it had been hit by shrapnel. They predicted he'd be back in service in a month, but who knew? Either way, he'd report in. He groped over the side of the bed for his datapad; finding it (covered in dust) he began to type on the transleucent surface.

Josh,

My leg hurts like the Crumpet from Hell. Doctors say I'll be back in the water in a month, but no telling how right they are. Keep my Hussy gassed for me, just in case, and for god's sake visit and bring me some decent tea and a kettle!

All my Platonic,
Jay

He sighed as they set his tea down on the table next to him; the pastry? A blueberry muffin. Just like last time.

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuugh.

Jerry got an idea.

"Nurse! Bedpan!"

"WHAT!?"

"Just joking, Sandy!"

*THWACK*

The bedpan he'd requested hit him squarely in the face. It was going to be a long stay...
Vimes smiled as he finished reading the order. He knew since their time at the academy, his friend Joshua would amount to much. Now he's taken the job as the new commissioner... Hah! Good choice, Alan...

Samuel Vimes, at your service!
Joshua, a large briefcase in his left hand, stepped into his new office and stopped immediately. He was quite amazed, finding himself in a beautifully adorned room with bordeaux red walls, golden battens and a large candelabrum.
Across from the door, Miss Noonan, Joshua's secretary, was sitting at a large desk.

"Miss Noonan! Good to see you're still working for me! Now... this new office is quite nice, compared to the old one!"

"Well, this is my office, Commissioner Cooper..." she said the last two words with a smile "...this room actually is just an anteroom in front of your office."

"What? Since when do we have that much space in here?"

"I guess it just is one of the rooms Commissioner Carlyle and Sir Lauderdale left behind. Many of us are missing as well... anyways, there is a lot of work for you to do!"

She reached towards a ridiculously huge pile of papers and folders. Joshua's eyes widened.

"Err, Miss Noonan, would you be so nice and do that for me? I still need to send out a message at the constables on the frequencies!"

With those words, he rushed towards the next door, fleeing into his own office.

"Oh, Jerry left a message, hm? Well, I guess I'll better send him a basket with his favourite crumpets."
Joshua still remembered Nurse Sandy and her self-made blueberry muffins.

---

**Incoming Transmission
**CommID: Commissioner Joshua Cooper
**Subject: Activity

Gentlemen,

thank you for getting back to me concerning your current callsigns.
Unfortunately, we have a lot of constables retiring from the duty right now... which is why I really need a sign of anybody missing!

Remember, contact me on these frequencies until Saturday, you will be considered Missing in Action otherwise!

Yours,
Commissioner Cooper

**Transmission Ended
Ah! Why am I so behind? Even Greg knew about it before I did... And he's still recoverin'... *sigh*

Constable Duncan M'guire at yer service.

Congratulations on the promotion... Now your in command, can I ask a favour?
Any chance I could get some 'o those lovely nuclear mines?
My drillers ain't much good these days...
"Excellent, Mr M'Guire! Good to see you around!
Oh, and the Anvil will certainly take care of your needs. Contact either Mr Vimes or myself in space, we will then take care of the transfer.

And, speaking of communications; it is advised for every constable to equip his or her Hussar with the new Sirius Kilo Yards Police Encoder (S.K.Y.P.E.)
Organization and coordination can be done much easier on the frequencies that are available via the encoder.

Yours,

Joshua Cooper"
Brian McNab was sitting at his desk, covered with huge piles of paper work when he heard a blip from his console.
*mm... what is this* he wondered.
"Sir Lauderdale retired? why wasn't I informed.. maybe the memo is somewhere under all this work.." he said to himself, then he replyed to the roll call.

"Hello Commissioner Joshua Cooper,
This is Sargent Brian McNab, still in active duty"

//ooc: chars:
BPA)Brian.McNab
BPA)B.McNab[SRD
Joshua went through the transmissions that reached him in time, again and again.

What? There's a giant number of our men and women missing in action! Only seven transmissions came in... hm.

With a tad weary mind, Joshua went on to paperwork.