Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Station Owners - Sirius Wide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: ContentsMayDiffer_zps49f84b8f.png]

Well, hello.

I'd normally start a letter like this with something about how I'm cutting to the chase, but no-one seems to buy that anymore, and the whole thing's getting pretty boring, to be honest. So, just to spice things up, I'll give you the full version. Read as much of it as you like. Or as little. There's really not that much, anyway.

Firstly, I'm Sarah. It's a pleasure to make your virtual acquaintance.

So, here's the deal. I've recently come into possession of a ship that... Er.. Needs some work. Normal stuff, maintenance, updates. You know, the usual. Unfortunately, there's a catch.

I don't have the space.

Super-heavy transports don't exactly fit in your back pocket, you know. So, I've got a ship sitting in space gathering (metaphorical) rust. Dust. Whatever. Things I don't want on a ship that I've got any intention at all of running. That's where you guys come in.

I need somewhere to moor and run some repairs. Preferably a full dock, I can't perform the upgrades I need to without access to the hull. Well, let me rephrase that. I could, but I really don't want to (have you ever tried running cable in a vac-suit? It's no fun, I can tell you that). Why not Baltimore, you ask? Well. I could use one of the official shipyards, but they're horribly expensive and unbearably noisy. Maybe it's just me, but I prefer to do my repairs somewhere quiet. Welding gets sort of Zen after a while.

Oh, right. The deal. In return, once the ship's working again, I can pay you back by hauling some supplies to help keep your station running for a while. Don't worry, I can feed myself. I won't leech off your supplies.

And just before you ask, no. I haven't got anyone after me, I'm not a smuggler, murderer, secret agent, zoner, or whatever else hides in your particular closet and pulls faces. I'm just a Freelancer looking for somewhere private to get a ship running.

If you've got anywhere that could be useful, let me know over this channel.

Thanks! Look forward to hearing from you.

Sarah McFarlen

[Image: MessageEnds_zps2c7e9add.png]
Hello, miss McFarlen.

[Image: gatsprof.png]

I'm J Gats, coöwner of a cozy establishment known as Scrimshaw Station. If you're willing to defy the Navy's guns, our little corner of Sirius is right around the corner from New York, and we're always searching for additional business partners; our facilities should be more than adequate to assist you in repairs of your vessel. If you're interested in the location of our operation, send me a message on more secure channels.
Looking forward to a profitable exchange,

-Jay Gats

Jay,

Thanks for the offer. I'll be in touch. A little bit of defiance is good for the soul, I've heard. Even if it can be quite painful for the rest of the body. Oh well. The sacrifices we make, right?

In the meantime, the channel's still open to other offers. I'm a good neighbor, I promise.

Sarah McFarlen

[Image: BoostingSignal_zps86cbf5ef.png]

Well. That's a bit disappointing.

I haven't heard anything back from Jay (or, well, anyone in Liberty), so I'm opening this transmission to station owners across Sirius. Surely there's someone out there with docking facilities.

Sarah McFarlen

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

Encryption: Ese O Ese
Source: Malaclypse Freeport, Baffin System
To: Sarah McFarlen
Subject: A helping hand

[Image: gd9477112rutgerhauerfil.jpg]

Kallisti Miss McFarlen!

I would like to invite you to perform your repairs at Malaclypse Freeport. Although the base is not fully built yet, our hangars are fully operational, offering repairs, nanobots, shield batteries and some equipment. Should you not find here the particular piece of equipment you are looking for, Shasta Orbital Skyhook and Freeport XXI, both nearby, offer an even larger range of available products.

In return, we would ask that you help us with the delivery of some of the much needed commodities we require to finish up the latest upgrades. Of course, we would be paying you for these supplies too.

Send me your ship's callsign through safer channels and I'll add it to the guestlist. In the meantime, you can read more about our humble station here.

Yours in Eris,

Theodore Sturgeon
TAZ Templar

END OF TRANSMISSION

A Freeport?

Wow. Thanks Theo, I don't think this could have worked out any better! I'm not sure I mentioned it earlier but I flew with some Zoners for a while out in the Edge Worlds. Great people. Really knew how to throw a party. I'm still not sure how they pulled it off with the supplies we had, but it's just one of those mysteries, I suppose. I couldn't have asked for a better place to work on Contents. It would be a pleasure to help out at Mal's Freeport.

Besides, I've heard Baffin's quite beautiful. I never really got around to visiting, is the view from the Skyhook really as good as they say? Apparently the geodes sparkle when the sun hits from the right angle. I'll have to arrange a visit!

But, I'm getting ahead of myself, right? I'll send you the ship's details over a private channel if you like, but they're right there in my comm details.

Anyway, thanks again! I'll be in touch.

Sarah McFarlen

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

Encryption: Ese O Ese
Source: Malaclypse Freeport, Baffin System
To: Sarah McFarlen
Subject: A helping hand

[Image: gd9477112rutgerhauerfil.jpg]

Kallisti again!

Excuse me for not noticing the origin of the signal was your own vessel. You have been added to the guestlist. Feel free to dock as soon as you arrive to our beloved system.

Yours in Eris,

Theodore Sturgeon
TAZ Templar

END OF TRANSMISSION