Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: White Lotus Political Panel - OPEN FOR ALL TO POST (stay inRP of course)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hakiro Kaito was standing in the middle of the congress chamber, waiting patiently until all the guests would arrive and settle down.
He eyed the two large reserved places for Okane Financial, and Admiral Wanabe. He looked again as the commander of the 44th Honshu division, Itto-Kaisa Akashi Haikiri stepped inside the chamber along with the local chief of police and several other military and police officers.

Once everyone were settled down he began his speech.

Konnichiwa honorable guests, that chose to attend in this great day. I wish to welcome you all and thank you all for your support in the Republic, and its democratic ways. He made a small pause I will not delay with too many words, and start with a short brief on our humble party's history: In the year 795 A.S, myself and a few other veterans set in this very room and debated on how we can progress our great nation's future. How we can improve the economical status and rebuild the damaged relationship we have with one of the largest economical bodies that are part of our nation - The Gas Miners Guild.

We came to the conclusion that the emperor was simply bad for Kusari as a whole. This was when we made our little party, that grew among the years.

Now, we will continue with our Head Of Finances, Sakura Hitama, who will explain the economical plan we have made to strengthen our house and make our people's lives better.

As he steps down, a woman looking about 30 years old steps up and makes her speech

Konbanwa everyone she makes a wide smile

I am Sakura Hitama, former financial chief of the Honshu fleet, and now the Head Of Finances of the White Lotus party. As you may have guessed, the White Lotus have a strict plan to rebuild our damaged economy. In many aspects without doubt, one can say our house is failing because of the negligence of the former Emperor.

I am in the belief that if one builds strong economy - one can in no doubt build a strong house based on said economy, in all aspects - civilian, welfare and military strength.

Our plan, in general, would be to relocate some of the forces we currently have in a way that will let traders pass safely in our home, letting higher taxing rate and more state income.
One of the major parts is to rebuild the highly damaged relationship we have with our brothers at the Gas Miners Guild. The GMG is a strong military and economical body, by having tighter relationship we can have better involvement in the mining and production of H-fuel, which means higher profit which in turn will make higher taxation for the house.

Moreover with the GMG's help we can have better control on pirate elements in Honshu, thus making some of our forces more available to be sent on the problematic Hokkaido and Kyushu, better securing those will mean higher income and more traffic in our great house.

We also plan to draw back forces from Nagano and Rishiri to a minimum possible, that way we could better secure gas mining in Hokkaido rather than face both high numbers of Blood Dragons and Golden Chrysanthemums on the one side, and Farmer Alliance ships on the other.

While this might seem like a military plan, it is not such at all. The moving of the forces is purely for economical needs, since by better securing our traffic we can reach higher taxation.

Now there is also the subject of Gallia. As you may know, Gallia holds a huge economical value - they have huge industry, advanced technologies and important minerals and elements that are rare in Sirius sector. Our neutrality with all of Sirius is a key point to encourage traders from Kusari to head over to Gallia in order to purchase commodities there and later sell them all over.

More over, any foreign trader that wish to import from Gallia must do so via Kusari given the war between Gallia to Bretonia, which gives us anther reason to strengthen the security on the main traffic routes in order to bring prosperity to our house.

After the long speech, she looks a bit breathless, she straightens a bit and looks directly on the crowd

Questions?
Marika made her way into the congress chamber and was directed to a reserved seat. "At least I get a good spot," she thought to herself as she grumbled mentally, "I swear, it must be a universal law that paralegals get crap hours and crap tasks."

She took a seat and readied her data pad for taking notes while wishing she were back at the office learning financial trading and stocks and dealing with corporate law like the others who were her senior. In her mind the IND had it right. Political boundaries were of no consequence, the only thing of value was trade and the almighty credit.

After making a quick check to see if there was any last minute reprieve from her employer she placed her attention to the podium as the man began to speak. As he made his speech her fingers automatically made her shorthand notes as she'd been taught to do. For so long she'd done it that doing so was simply automatic.

When time came for questions she realized that she'd been listening so intently that she almost missed that the woman was looking at her.

"Um, sorry," she said. "Marika Saito for Okane Financial, LLC."

She looked down at her notes and then said "Okane Financial does not have any questions at this moment as it needs time to digest the presentation. However I do have a personal question from me."

"I'm not at all familiar with navy fleets and whatnot. When you say that you were part of the Honshu fleet, do you mean for the KNF?"
Sakura looks at Marika with a small smile, she glanced on her for a bit then continued to answer her question
Marika-san, I used to be at the Naval Forces after graduating from Honshu's liberal academy at finances and management. I dealt with managing supplies distribution and fleet finances. While it might seem that the military is merely there to waste money, they make a great deal trying to save it when possible. Moreover smart financing can mean life or death in some cases, for example in the case of the ability to enlarge the fleet by a few squadrons due to financial savings.

She looked at Marika with curiosity, being quite satisfied of her answer

I hope my answer was satisfactory, if not I assume we could arrange a private meeting at which I could elaborate?