Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Please make me understand
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
The Kusari CodeŃ… stated that Hogosha become "legal" corporation. It changes a lot of consequences, and talk is useless.

I would like to give some arguments against the claim of legality.
Hogosha is on the list of the missions in all present legal corporations (including surprisingly police) to destroy ships, intallation, capture members.
In addition. NPC ships Hogosha disrupt trade line, players of the legal corporations are demanded to drop cargo by this NPC's.

Explain the RP basis of those players who have suddenly changed the rules of Kusari. Desirable administrator who understands these things.
Where the right players as they like role-based content that is embedded in the game up to change legality of any faction. Moreover, declaring it a server rules for other players without any change in the game.
If there is some rules about this things?
It's particularly funny given that Hogosha are still allied with the Gaians, Corsairs, and Farmer's Alliance. Kusari in its current form is basically unrecognizable from vanilla.

I'd love to see someone offer an explanation for how the decision-making process worked this through.

To make this thread at least appear like it should be in this forum, I'll also ask why Itabashi Station still fires on Republican Shipping vessels.
This is supposed to be an inRP forum for bases to contact their customers and vice versa. Should likely be in General Discussion or the Kusari Legal Codex Feedback thread. ooRP in the meantime, 'til it is moved.

(03-18-2013, 07:05 PM)Challenger Wrote: [ -> ]I'll also ask why Itabashi Station still fires on Republican Shipping vessels.
Clearly your rep is bad and you should feel bad.
(03-18-2013, 07:05 PM)Challenger Wrote: [ -> ]It's particularly funny given that Hogosha are still allied with the Gaians, Corsairs, and Farmer's Alliance. Kusari in its current form is basically unrecognizable from vanilla.

I'd love to see someone offer an explanation for how the decision-making process worked this through.

To make this thread at least appear like it should be in this forum, I'll also ask why Itabashi Station still fires on Republican Shipping vessels.

1st point: farmers alliance used to be lawful
1.1: Corsairs arent considered lawfuls in kusari they could freely roam and trade in it so long as they do not break the law
1.2: same goes for gaians although to a lesser extent (being not as famous as the corsairs)

2nd point: your rep is bad. Republican shipping is not rephacked hostile to hogosha. Go buy a bribe and stop shooting enemies of Hogosha. And no its not the base's fault because if you go to an NPC station you will also get shot if you have bad rep.

The mission thing is a bug.

Also it isnt just the players that have changed things around other wise this ID down below would be very different ye?

Quote:Pilot carrying this ID is a member of the Hogosha who:

Can attack pirates and terrorists in self-defense, to protect a trader of an allied faction, or in defense of their bases. Gaijin is not a valid engagement notice.
Can actively hunt Junkers, Gallic Junkers and pirates in Kusari and the Independent Systems surrounding Kusari.
Cannot ally with any lawfuls except for KNF, KSP, and Samura.
Cannot demand credits or cargo within Kusari house space. No more sitting in front of ore sale points gents.
Can demand contraband and levy fines, destroying ships that refuse to comply and as as specified within house space as specified by house law.
Cannot use any transport with more than 3,600 cargo except the Renzu Liner.
(03-18-2013, 07:58 PM)Trail Wrote: [ -> ]Cannot demand credits or cargo within Kusari house space. No more sitting in front of ore sale points gents.

So, Hogosha NPC isn't sure that you right about their purpose.
They demand cargo (Niobiun dropped in mission for Kishiro) from my Kishiro ID/IFF vessel disrupting trade line before for that. And in that moment I was neutral for Hogosha.
Role Play based on the game already installed in the core, running houses, IFF polices, and more importantly - programmed purposes. That makes all things different and interesting.
Any player fraction can change anything in the game if they like to do that? But you can't change program.
It will be fun to create Kusari Police char in New Tokio, do the mission for gain some IFF by killing Hogosha and... You know what happens. You will be killed by Hogosha for joining Police in front of the Kusari capital planet. And not be able to take off only becase you legally.
Do you like to defend this changes? It's completely out of common sense.

But I waiting for administration view on this.
(03-18-2013, 09:11 PM)perdoller Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-18-2013, 07:58 PM)Trail Wrote: [ -> ]Cannot demand credits or cargo within Kusari house space. No more sitting in front of ore sale points gents.

So, Hogosha NPC isn't sure that you right about their purpose.
They demand cargo (Niobiun dropped in mission for Kamura) from my Kamura ID/IFF vessel disrupting trade line before for that. And in that moment I was neutral for Hogosha.
Role Play based on the game already installed in the core, running houses, IFF polices, and more importantly - programmed purposes. That makes all things different and interesting.
Any player fraction can change anything in the game if they like to do that? But you can't change program.
It will be fun to create Kusari Police char in New Tokio, do the mission for gain some IFF by killing Hogosha and... You know what happens. You will be killed by Hogosha for joining Police in front of the Kusari capital planet. And not be able to take off only becase you legally.
Do you like to defend this changes? It's completely out of common sense.

But I waiting for administration view on this.

so because there is a bug with missions that make you kill hogosha you blame the faction?

Logic

Not only that but NPC ships arent meant to be inRP

as for these changes they were roleplayed out and the administration okayed it (obviously as is evident by the ID)
NPC's and NPC missions are not a valid basis for reasoning concerning inRP stuff.

Itabashi has been RPed properly, Kusari and the Hogosha have RP concerning their relationship and allowing Itabashi, so no, there's no problem.

Just fly around Itabashi, np.
(03-18-2013, 09:21 PM)Trail Wrote: [ -> ]so because there is a bug with missions that make you kill hogosha you blame the faction?

Logic

Not only that but NPC ships arent meant to be inRP

as for these changes they were roleplayed out and the administration okayed it (obviously as is evident by the ID)

As I understand the program - it's not a bug. This is normal behavior programmed for illegal faction. It was so in the Vanilla and the Disco.
Problems is a player who change the rules that can not change. You can not change. To change a global law faction, its behavior and policies with other you can't simply write about it on the forum. Bug - this lack of understanding of this fact by some players.
Roles for the RP is taken from the program, but not vice versa. And for the moment the role Hogosha - quasi-legal in Discovery Mod 4.86. While this is the case - the behavior of the players make it legal - completely OORP.
This is my opinion, but has reason to. For the naming of quite efficient programm "bug" - there is no reason.

You are don't source of Roles. Not you. Only mod developers.
(03-18-2013, 09:58 PM)SMGSterlin Wrote: [ -> ]Itabashi has been RPed properly, Kusari and the Hogosha have RP concerning their relationship and allowing Itabashi, so no, there's no problem.

I don't interest in Itabashi anymore. I was Corsair posessed by Nomads who control director of Kusari Police, goverment and Blood Dragon most skilled squadron. And they order all the forces to destroy Itabashi and forget it. So change my mind please. I wonder how you will do it. Properly RPed ...
Please make some conversation with PROGRAM. When you do this - you can assume that you "properly RPed". For now you just imagine that your words affect the program. They don't. RP affect only YOURS and PEOPLE actions. So try to understand it. You make proper ooRP.

If you make some RP about stopping Gallic war and choose that war is over - nothing is changing. Gallia and Bretonia will shoot on sight each other. Why? You are properly RPed!!! Because RP is for yours fun, personally, not all environment. You can change your behavior, ship, destiny, faction, ability, but nothing else. Through RP you can change same things for few other people. But not for politics programmed already for the WORLD. You are not God.
(03-18-2013, 07:58 PM)Trail Wrote: [ -> ]2nd point: your rep is bad. Republican shipping is not rephacked hostile to hogosha. Go buy a bribe and stop shooting enemies of Hogosha. And no its not the base's fault because if you go to an NPC station you will also get shot if you have bad rep.

You're jumping to conclusions. Gaian and Corsair NPCs take out lanes and demand cargo, which if refused collaterally results in reduced rep with Hogosha. This happens a couple of times, and suddenly groups like Republican Shipping, which should be low neutral with Hogosha find themselves hostile with Itabashi.

The issue here isn't that the Hogosha rep sheet is hilariously arbitrary (a discussion for another thread, I'm sure), it's that the aggressive nature of player base defenses make Itabashi's setup right next to Planet New Tokyo ludicrously OORP.

But, I guess I should have said so in the first place instead of expecting you to infer. I take no issue with the rest of your post.
Pages: 1 2 3