Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Taiidan Bomber
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Once 4.85 is out and the roc mk2 is available a lot of people will quit using the taiidan. For many factions (primarily xenos) it's the only option available other than the preagle, and that thing is horrible in pvp.

The order currently uses taiidans/praetorians as well, because they lack their own bomber. The Sehkmet bomber being added in 4.85 will clear that up.

Quote:Hey, I'm just wondering why the BH bomber isn't spammed, IMO the best bomber out there..

Because nearly every bounty hunter in the game flies a capship =P
Quote:Almost all the time I see some Xenos hunting LSF fighters in it and screaming "capwhore" when a single GB comes, and trying to "arrange" fights with LSF so that no capships come.

ive got a chatlog involving a SA member, who wanted to do the 'compromise' not the xenos. the SA guy came to us, to talk about the 'compromise'. so, i cant really agree to that last sentence.

if i misread, feel free to correct me.
I use the civvie bomber on my Xenos. I find it to be a little slower but the point is to roleplay, and its roleplay to use something the Xenos terrorist would use. Anyone hostile or neutral to GMG should not use its fighter especially factions that already have a bomber such as the Corsairs.
As far as the Xenos are concerned, and this is the last I shall say on this matter, the civilian bomber as it stands is pretty much useless, yes the problems -can- be surmounted by un-equipping then re-equipping, however this doesn't work half the time, so it takes a good twenty minutes just to get the thing space ready, possibly longer, for a spout of cargo interdiction that's ridiculous. Secondly and I'll reiterate this point, it is listed as civilian in the read me and this is what we were told to go on. Thusly Xenos have taiidans, I fully expect that to get fixed and I sincerely hope it does so.

Just for reference.

Taiidan Bomber 4/0 95 20400 100 6,370,000 Civilian Bomber with two torpedo hardpoints

The readme line. This has nowt to do with corsairs in Tigersharks, although I admit the two seprate rulings are slightly incongrous.

Finally Corsairs and Rogues and Hackers and Outcasts and anybody else have better, more RP alternatives or simply a good bomber already, Unless you happen to be flying a Thor. But then you could still use a Falcata.

' Wrote:You know there comes the paradox of Corsairs using Tigersharks from NEUTRAL faction that has exactly the same stats as their bugged Arrwing.

..... and they got sanctioned.....
But that was a BS sanction IMO, and it's unfair to apply that to the xenos as well, though I do think the use of taiidans by the indepdendents is too much... It's not thaaaat much of a problem that a hard set rule should come out.

' Wrote:The problems with civilian one that I know of:
- docking problems ( solved by using quick dock)
- some equipment mounting problems (solved by mounting and unmounting before you launch)?
The bug isn't that easily fixed, I fly a preggie with the XA and you can't get rid of the bug.. No matter how many times I unmount and mount everything, dock, undock, F1 refresh etc. The bug doesn't go away.

Finding yourself in a fight with nothing but a supernova and 2 guns, is NOT a good feeling..
Oh, is it Friday already? Guess it's time for another Xeno Taiidan attack thread. Of course I suppose this is also a Coalition/Phantom/whoever else flies the useful civilian bomber attack thread.

I should really just keep my reply ready in wordpad!

Civilian Bomber 4/1 115 21400 100 6,210,000 Civilian Bomber with two torpedo hardpoints
Taiidan Bomber 4/0 95 20400 100 6,370,000 Civilian Bomber with two torpedo hardpoints

Quote:
Quote:Howdy Hoodlum,

So, there I was, minding my own business when a pal asked if I wanted to fire up a Xeno character for good times. Not having any pew pew experience and enjoying the prospect of tacking that bit of RP I went for it.

No, rather than going and picking up an Eagle, I stated that our outfit might not be bad off with a bomber, on account of the fact that sometimes it's nice to be able to bomb things.

But, before I wreck too much damage with the 'ol Civvie bomber, is that shipclass outside of the weight restrictions of the Xeno id?

Thanks in advance.

-DL

Dusty,

Seems to about one of the only choices you have, that and the Taiidan, both being sold
by the Zoners on Freeport 11. About the only place you can land out there.
So pays yer dosh, takes yer keys mate ...

Hood

It's listed as a civilian vessel. We fly civilian vessels. An admin informed us, un prompted, to go get it. It's sold on the same nuetral market on the same neutral base by the same neutral persons who sell us the preagle. That's why the whole wide world uses minis, mark VIII armor and supernova cannons despite their being super secret order tech.

Now that we've settled that.

' Wrote:Another point would be what they are used for...

Almost all the time I see some Xenos hunting LSF fighters in it and screaming "capwhore" when a single GB comes, and trying to "arrange" fights with LSF so that no capships come.

What does this have to do with the conversation about the Xenos using the Taiidan? Or is this an exceptionally subtle attack on the players themselves? Whatever chip you have on your shoulder has no place here, shelf it next time you think about hitting the post button.

Furthermore, I'm going to boldly suggest that your statement is utter crap and applies to a single incident, where =LSF=Maverick decided to bring his gunboat to an all fighter fight. Chances are I fly with Xenos much more than you do and I've not born witness to the kind of nonsense you're proposing.

I have an XA feedback thread in the Liberty internal forum. All positive feedback.

I have a line with Sniper, Turkish and Talon. All positive feedback.

I have a line with, fancy that, the leader of the LR. All positive feedback.

I have a thread from Mjolner, all negative feedback. So I think I'll balance out our personal conduct, which I rigorously pursue feedback on, with the majority.

P.S. We're all waiting for the release of the next mod to adjust what we do, faction by faction. From the coalition getting their own ships to the Thor being upgraded to the Preagle getting a boost.

Hold your horses, exercise some patience. We're all dealing with the same muck.
What should the other factions that should use civilian ships use then?

Gaians - Praetorian?
Unioners -Taiidan ?
Hogosha - Taiidan (from a hostile faction... no I guees), so Kusari bomber?
FA - same as Hogosha
------------------------------------

All this beeing said.. Havoc MK II is listed as Civilian bomber as well, Xenos being Liberty friendly and backed by IC I can see them using that one more likely than the Taiidan.

------------------------------------

Dusty did I say anything about the XA? No I didn't... last time something "not so clean" happened from XA side I shut up, contacted you on Skype and it was settled without any reporting/sanctions or screaming.

But nice, that answer settles it as far as Xenos go yes....

I will keep most of my nasty comments about double standards to myself.

EDIT:

Or maybe not... cause we can either go for:

Civilian = free for all

or Civilian = not free for all.
' Wrote:All this beeing said.. Havoc MK II is listed as Civilian bomber as well, Xenos being Liberty friendly and backed by IC I can see them using that one more likely than the Taiidan.

The Havoc is listed as a Liberty Bomber. Not civilian. It's be reminisce of the LBU utilizing snubnoses. Furthermore its selling point on the Battleship Mississippi in Texas would violate our "ships sold in neutral locations" rule, as we avoid persuing markets

Furthermore, It's Universal with whom we hold an accord, not Interspace. One of the natures of such a relationship rarely encourages passing on easily tracked local military hardware.

We're wrapping our RP bits that, amongst other things, also encompasses the use of various bits such as Mark VIII armor and so on. It will also paint a clearer picture as to how our little organization is acquiring vessels sold on the far end of the sector in exotic locations far removed from our ZOI.

Havoc Mk II 4/0 70 18600 90 6,180,000 Liberty Bomber with two torpedo hardpoints

XB-2 "Havoc Mk II" Ageira Bomber

Developed by Ageira with significant BMM participation, the Havoc Mk II is an advanced modification of the first "Havoc", bomber model that was popular in Liberty and Bretonia about 350 years ago. Mk II version features an advanced power array and increased agility compared to other modern bombers. While Ageira initially planned to sell the new Havoc only to Liberty Navy and Bretonia Armed Forces, company executives soon understood that this ship could make a lot of profit on alternative markets.

Edit:

' Wrote:Dusty did I say anything about the XA? No I didn't... last time something "not so clean" happened from XA side I shut up, contacted you on Skype and it was settled without any reporting/sanctions or screaming.

That incident was one our members, he can elect to have his name listed here, dropped the ball and violated rule 5.8 as he made the somewhat common misconception that rule 5.7 (that of being dead in the system where your demise took place and free to carry on elsewhere) was the law of the land.

Since then I'd grounded the entire faction pending them taking a exam outlining server rules to remind them that, no matter how long you've been around, sometimes you need to refresh your memory.

Furthermore I stated that I had zero issues with your issuing a sanction report, as server rules had clearly been violated. To do so or not was your choice, not to hold it in reserve as dirty laundry.
Yes it's sold on a Liberty Navy battleship... but wait

Taiidan HF build by GMG is sold on RH BS... so they break the rules by using it?

Also as you nicely quoted it doesn't say "Liberty" in the infocard, just in the readme file. Liberty doesn't not mean Liberty Navy does it?

But yes the most likely understanding is that it's sold to lawfull companies.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway just a reminder to you why I made this thread....

Is it free for anyone to use the Taiidan?

I believe not.....since the GMG is mentioned on the infocard, but that's just me...

If yes... is it free for anyone to use civilian ships and guns? Provided they are sold on a base neutral to them?

' Wrote: If yes... is it free for anyone to use civilian ships and guns? Provided they are sold on a base neutral to them?

If they don't have a viable alternative on their own bases, I would generally say yes. For instance, I don't believe the Unioner bases sell Eagles, yet Unioner Guards fly them, in spite of tensions between them and those that sell them.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7