Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Taiidan Bomber
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
No, some admin heard about the Taiidans being used by the Xenos, there was a bit of a fuss, but it was all blown over.
I dunno, since we never asked an admin nor recieved a PM from one about the issue. We simply assumed that since we had tested the bug with an admin early in 4.84 final, that we were free to chose the best fitting third option.

Also, I do not think the Xenos would get sanctioned for this, as they have recieved express permission...

:(
There I think we have the crucial difference between Xenos in Taiidans and Corsairs in TigerSharks. The permission. Before the Xenos even used them we made sure we could.

However I see no reason for the Corsairs not to use the Tigershark, except for the fact that the decurion isn't bugged, it's just terrible. But then the same goes for all my rogue ships below the Greyhound.
' Wrote:Taiidan Bomber

My opinions:

Who Should use it:

GMG
IMG (jointly developed Stinger with GMG apart from other things)
Zoners (GMG allies)
Kishiro (GMG allies)

I agree with you about the IMG - Right now I don't know if any of us are actually using it. As it is sold so far away from our normal haunting grounds.

' Wrote:There I think we have the crucial difference between Xenos in Taiidans and Corsairs in TigerSharks. The permission. Before the Xenos even used them we made sure we could.

The crucial difference lies somewhere else Del..

Xenos are hostile to GMG, and have to go far out of their ZOI to get the ship.

Corsairs are neutral to NPC IMGs and Allied to CR whom they got permission from.

EDIT: The full story of me and Taiidan would be:

- fighting 4++ Xenos using it just about every day... ok
- Merc in Taiidan with Coladas working for Xenos attacking me without saying a word.... ok.. kind off
- next day I meet Corsair IDed and Tagged player in it ....ehm... not ok
- day after a Unioner player working with Hessians....

too much isn't it?

I'm not really fan of the 4.83 situation where you could see Outcasts and Blood Dragons fighting Corsairs... everyone in Raven's Talon.... and that ship infocard actually says it's sold to pirates.
I said it, said it twice, and I'll say it again : WE NEED A DEFINITE LIST ON WHO IS ALLOWED TO USE RT ! as for Taiidan Bomber (don't forget it's the main topic)...
*Contains spoilers*

Well, I treat it is an info card glitch. The Taiidan is exclusivly sold on Freeport 11, a Zoner base, not sold anywhere else, not a single GMG base has the Taiidan bomber up for sale.

The rest of the shipline, also claiming to be designed by the GMG, is sold on the Rhineland Battleship Regensburg in Munich, and the Taiidan Freighter is also sold on the Bretonian Battleship York in Leeds.

The Bomber, and the rest of the shipline, should be confined exclusively to GMG and maybe IMG bases for the next version, but until then it's a Civilian bomber, as said in the read me.

The Admins have already given the Xenos written permission to use the Taiidan, so that part of this discussion is very much clear.

The Civilian bomber is severely screwed, at times it has problems docking, CD work at times. Also, from personal experience, I've managed to Supernova AND NovaTorp a Civilian bomber in one pass, it was against a better pilot and in a Praetorian.

Next version, I'll swap to the new Civilian Bomber, but until then, I'll carry on thinking that it was designed and built by the GMG, then sold to the Zoners/IMG at a comercial price, , then sold to the Xenos from there. ( Note, on the info-card it says it's significantly cheaper than the Rhineland bomber, but it's sold for only 100 000ish less on Freeport 11)
Gezza if we go with it being a Civilian bomber.. who can use it then?

Everyone? Doesn't look like cvilian is free-for-all, I thought so before, but not any longer.

How should I know what ship I and everyone else can use without beeing sanctioned?

Only section from rules about it:

Quote:6.2 Out of Roleplay (OORP):
<strike>In-game tag seen before the name must match the ID as closely as possible. It is not allowed to have the tag not match ID category. For example, it is prohibited to have 'Police' tag and 'Pirate' ID.</strike>

Equipment used must match tag and ID as closely as possible. For example, it is not allowed for Corsairs to use Outcast ships and guns.

Civilian ships are in the grey area in the middle.

Also you can't dock on bases hostile to you to buy a ship... which is a problem since selling locations can be messed up.

From admins?

Xenos Taiidan yes... Corsairs Tigershark no.... I don't dare to guess when choosing among the tons of all other ships around.

From community consensus?

That can work... but then again sanction is a sanction

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So what to do?

Ask admins to change the rules and/or add something in the rule section saying who can use what ships?

We can do the list ourselves - post a thread about it and there after everyone has argued (takes ages) ask admins to check it and approve it.

I can post the first draft of the list that you can tear to pieces, but for that I need to know:

What's higher priority?
- infocard
- selling location

EDIT: Taking this elsewhere...hold on

http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...18326&st=10
The only GMG ship sold on a GMG station or near a GMG station would be the Gas Miner. Every where else the selling location is extremely wrong. But, that doesn't give a faction the right to use it does it? If the admins say the Xenos have the right to use it well...what the admins say goes, period. The Taiiden bomber should be used openly by the Zoners(Allies), IMG(Allies - Rped it), Kishiro(Allies), GMG. Corsairs and other pirate factions? Don't they have their own bombers, or the right to use their fellow alllies bomber? Pretty sure they do.
Wow, this thread is still rolling?

If this is a thread about re-moving the ban on Corsairs using the Tigersharks, you're doing it wrong.

If this is a thread arguing against the Xenos using the Taiidan, well, that conversation is over.

If this thread is about inconsistency in how the admins weild their power of allowance verson condemnation, you're doing it wrong.

I'd advise figuring out what your goal here is, taking a step back and making a new thread. So far as I can tell this is still some sort of mumbling "I don't want the Xenos to use Taiidans but this thread isn't about the Xenos it's really just a simple who can use the Taiidan but it's really mostly about the Corsairs using Tigersharks but the Xenos are oorp but can't we use Tigersharks what's with the Admins anyways but while we're at it I think the Xenos need to get their act together but hey what's with the Tigershark?" thread.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7