Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: First Baffin Zoner Zummit at The Zenarch, Malaclypse Freeport
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
James looked a little shocked, "Release? What did he do? Anything serious?".
" Oui, despicably serious, if you ask me. I thought he could use a couple more months on it. But it actually came out perfect.

His new book received better reviews than both me, him, and maybe any of our family members expected though. A very convenient surprise. "
He said

Pausing for a moment to think, he then added:

" You sound a bit surprised. What did you thought about? That he was imprisoned? " He asked giving a short and subtle laugh afterwards
James gave a short laugh, "In jail? No, no, no... Yes...", he looked down for a second, then he looked up, "A book? What was it on?".
" It was a book which bended the philosophies of life with a fantastical Universe with a twisted plot. I cannot recall the title, but if I sometimes meet him or I go back to Gallia, I will fetch you a copy.

He was obsessed with the idea of inexistence of a "good" and a "bad" , as it was all a matter of perspective. Quite true if you think "
He said

" Still, you mentioned business, and I would very much like to know what your propositions are " He said releasing a sly glare
"Ah, yes, business..." James said. He looked around him, making sure that no one was going to interrupt, and then said, "Well, I've been looking you up on the Neural Net, and I think I've found a few things that we can help you with... In exchange for your... Help in certain areas. Firstly, I noticed that your faction is opposed to violence, now, as much as I agree that violence is bad, it is ever present, and you need to defend yourselves. I have people who help keep my faction safe from others, I can extend that protection to you... Secondly, you wish to expand your research?" James grinned, "I think we can help there."
[Image: F2_2a.png]

Balkan Rose, a ship class Fearless, slowly approached.
On the bridge, the commander of the ship Marco Bruser, takes the microphone and announces:
"Command all stations, prepare for docking.
Ser Isaac Porter, the ship away 5k from the Malaclypse Freeport, please ask for further instructions"

At the same moment, a slight sound of the door behind him, gave him to know that millionth time, as before, Isaac beat his thoughts.
"Marco"-stroking his beard- "I hope that this old bucket was not too slow.Send greeting and revealed the presence of the ship's arrival from Freeport 2
Let's hear what the smart heads saved for us.
"
Robert suddenly became more serious, as if he forgot the friendly atmosphere in the background. He never took business deals as a joke.

He tilted his head upwards and looking straight in James' eyes he said:

" Continue, s'il vous plait. "
"Very well," James replied. "I know that your people are... naturals of the vocal arts, a very useful trait, no?" He paused for a second, "A trait that I would find most useful... This is the main thing I want from you, any slip-ups we make, any trouble we get in with the people's of Sirius, I want you to help us out. In exchange, I will give you all I have promised so far, and in terms of Research, I would like to share Scientific knowledge with you, and of course, we would be most interested in doing expeditions with you." He paused, then as an afterthought, added "Of course, some knowledge is best not shared, I hope you do not take offence." He paused again, than finally said "How are you in terms of manufacturing?".
" Some knowledge is best no to be share you say... I can surely agree with you, though this will have to apply vice-versa, monsieur.

Your discoveries and research will be more than welcome anyway. "
He paused for a moment, thinking.

" Now, in return, you want The Commonwealth to act as your Lawyers in case you mess up with a particular faction, oui? "

For Robert, this seemed as a spicy proposition. Thinking for a moment, he thought that this could get the Commonwealth in trouble with the said factions as well for meddling. But, it could also win them favor and appreciation from the said factions for trying to solve the disputes.

The Commonwealth would have to do nothing, just assume a part of responsibility for James' association.

Still, in order not to get unwanted consequences, Robert needs to set a line and be careful not to pass it. He also needed to assure James about this line.

My answer would be "Oui" , but I have to talk with the rest of the Council before giving a definite answer about this. I hope you don't mind. Think of it as a routine protocol before taking a serious decision.

Still, if we accept, I must let you now, that there'll be a line which we can't afford to cross as crossing that line may attract even more unwanted attention, not just to your association, but for the Commonwealth as well, and we do not want that.

Still, once we made the decision, I will contact you personally through a frequency channel. It shouldn't take very long. Punctuality is one of our assets"

" You mentioned manufacturing, non? What are your thoughts ? " He asked
The old warrior looked on, watching those around him, as he sipped on a large mug of blood wine. He stood chatting in his native tongue to one of his men.
The people were different. He knew only of a few of the administrators, namely, Sarah Kane, Lucky LeRoux and Isaac Porter. He had that "stranger in a strange land" feeling.

Much was on his mind. The Confederation......should he join it? He wanted Freeport 6 to live by it's own laws and not be affected by the decisions of others but having people he could turn to would be an advantage with the Gallics nearby.
Kusari was another but smaller concern. An uneasy truce existed between them and the Royals but he was not happy about "being the neutral zone." Still, Kusari always gave him a fair level of respect. Of course, there was Fyre. She had been gone for over a year now. It was his lone spot of depression.

But while at the Summit, he had one thing going for him...he could oversee the refurbishing of his Aquilon, the Vol'Tak.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17