Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Grand Theft Auto: Disco?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So I noticed in the top left corner when loading Disco, it shows this... The green text.

[Image: Mzgbkwo.jpg]

Why?

How is Vice City related to Disco?
The Bloom mod was originally developed for GTA. It's fairly versatile, so it can be applied to other games. That includes Freelancer and Discovery.
It makes my eyes bleed in epileptic fits (metaphorically) since it causes my screen to go really bright and flicker very fast on load up.
(04-28-2013, 10:01 PM)jammi Wrote: [ -> ]The Bloom mod was originally developed for GTA. It's fairly versatile, so it can be applied to other games. That includes Freelancer and Discovery.
Oh, cool.

(04-28-2013, 10:09 PM)Fletcher Wrote: [ -> ]It makes my eyes bleed in epileptic fits (metaphorically) since it causes my screen to go really bright and flicker very fast on load up.
I know... Try having to watch it do that on a 40 inch TV about 2 feet away from you.

Seizureseizureseizures .
Anyway to fix that?
uh the rendering at the start has an easy fix.

Freelancer/EXE/enbseries/ini

Search: SkipShaderOptimization=0
make the zero into a 1, making it look like: SkipShaderOptimization=1

have fun.
Delete or move D3D8.DLL from the "Discovery Freelancer\EXE\" directory and ENB is no more.

You can also download newer versions of ENB series that will give you some sweet lightning effects, but create some bugs in other areas.

http://www.enbdev.com/

(BTW Skyrim looks awesome with ENB with SSAO and dynamic DoF enabled. ENB series have come a long way.)

Here's a pic from the skyrim ENB mod I'm currently using just to give a taste of what newer ENB series can do:

[Image: 992fir.jpg]

There's one that mimics CryENGINE 3 too, haven't tried it with FL though.
We allowed to swap ENB's? I can't recall.
Don't know, but the anti-cheat doesn't pick it up.

Besides any and all ENB series will make aiming harder (bloom, blur and similar effects make your target stand out a whole lot less); and will thus be very counter-productive as a cheat.

I switch back to vanilla gfx whenever I PVP and turn on ENB whenever I'm just roaming.

(Also the ENB from Vice City currently bundled with Disco is the only one that doesn't create a lot of buggy graphics. Of those I have tested at least)
While I don't have any authority on the matter I don't think there's an issue with swapping out ENBs, unless perhaps if you're using it for an unfair advantage. Not that you really could.
Pages: 1 2 3