Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Secret Research of Eric Stone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The day had come to test the ship in space. Eric sat in the luxury commander seat. The whole command bridge was made with several specifications.

[Image: 14j9nqx.jpg]

The crew entered the ship and where excited to depart. As this was the first time a project like this came to its end. Some final tests were done priory the undocking sequence of the vessel. All seems to be in order. "Start the engines! And keep a close eye on any strange events on the ship.". The ship seems to work fine they where undocked in front of Pueblo Bonito and Ravenhurst Watch. "Congratulations everyone. The ship seems to be working properly. Let us take a small route trough Baffin to check if everything is working properly. Charles please monitor the ship closely." ”Understand sir, I will report anything back to you.” ”Now set course to the Hodge and Podge asteroid field.. ”Course set captain.” "Let us start with 30% engine power. And increase slightly from there." ”Understand captain” ”Ship is at 30% captain. The ship seems to be running smoothly so far. ”Increasing engine power to 40%..We reached the 50% captain..” "Ship is holding nicely captain. The power core seems to hold it quite easily." "Let us slowly increase towards the 100% of the engines and then start the cruise engines."

Eric is slightly concerned giving this command. After all both the power core and the engines are prototypes.
”Increasing speed to 60% of the engine capacity. ”Increasing speed to 70% of the engine capacity. ”Increasing speed to 80% of the engine capacity. ”Increasing speed to 90% of the engine capacity. "How is the ship holding Charles?" "It is holding very well captain." "Alexia give it all it can." ”Here we go captain! It is at 100% now!” "Nothing is wrong captain. I suggest to start the cruise engines." Relieved Eric leans back within his commanding seat. "Start the cruise engines." ”Ok captain. Turning on cruise engines. 10%, 30%, 50%, 70%... Some loud alert sounds are being heard. "Captain the engine seems to be overheating. " "Stop the ship and cool down the engines. Charles can you sent ASAP a transmission with the report of our current situation?" ”I was already working on it sir." "Do not forget to ask for some ships to tow us back to Pueblo Bonito so we could fully investigate the problem."
After some hours some repair ships are shown on the scanners of the ship. In the meantime the engineers were touching in the dark, they expected the problem to be within the engines overheating due to the charging. It would have seemed logical, yet tests proved out it was not the case. Eric Stone open a channel within the ship which is heard throughout the ship. "Kallisti everyone, It seems we need to fully evaluate these test results. I must congratulate each and everyone for at least saving the ship. My biggest fear was that we would lose it upon this run. Yet we all managed to survive and save it. I am most satisfied with the test results, but for making the ship fully functional we have to investigate what went wrong. Before that the ship could be a danger to the people onboard." he sighs and then continues ”I ask everyone to submit a fully detailed report on this test. If you encountered any strange readings please add it along within it. As the most slightest thing might have caused this problem. 23’s" he closes the channel. "Well captain, I think it was the powercore which could be too instable for the new engines. Then again it could also be the engines itself." "Well Charles, I think we all deserved a rest wouldn’t you agree Alexia?" Yes Eric, I think it would be for the best. and she winks towards Eric. He gets a small blush which didn’t go undetected by Charles.. "Ahh, I see what is going on here. But take a good rest you two. I will call it a day as well, tomorrow I will write you that report Eric. And then we can discuss it over a good meal. 23’s" "That is ok Charles. 23’s" And Charles leaves the room. "I must say I am tired, but if you want we could have something to drink?" I would like that Eric.

Both are heading towards Eric Stone his quarters, then suddenly there is a transmission on the Fnord channels, Eric his datapad received it and makes a sound. He grabs it from his left jacket pocket and starts to read. Eric what is it? Is it something bad? he smiles "No, it is something great! Elisabeth Tate gives us the Persephone." Alexia looks stunned.. Are you serious? ”Well I guess so, look at the transmission." I have no clue what to say next.. But what about this prototype? "I have no idea Alexis, I think we would store it and try to solve the problems on it when we have sufficient funds for them both. Because I do know the original one is a high maintenance ship. And I am pretty sure this prototype would not be the cheapest neither within its maintenance. Maybe if we get it fixed it could serve for someone else who would be in need of it. Otherwise we could always use it as parts and deconstruct the prototype engine and powercore to use somewhere else. But let us stop worrying about work and focus on tonight." Exactly, tomorrow we can worry about that. Tonight I want you for myself.

[Image: 2m5gyyw.jpg]
Pages: 1 2