Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Life of a Raider - Miles Green
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
''Miles enters his room on Barrier Gate Station with an exhausted look on his face''

The room is bleak and looks like it hasn't been cleaned for several years. In the room are only a few things. A bunk bolted to the wall, a chair and a small round table in the center.

Man, these last few days have been... Well... Interesting... Fighting... Well fighting might not be the right word. More like annoying the navy with a Gaull Junker, never thought that would happen... Guess not all of them are bad eggs. What was his name... Apple... Something, eh it dosen't matter.

''He sits down on the chair and closes his eyes''
Man i miss my old room on the Metro... Wonder what ever happened to her...

''His eyes open and a look appears in them''
Maybe the Junkers... They got all sorts of connections and... Ship building expertise.
I bet they could come up with a ship us Raiders could call home. Might even be as nice as back on the Metropolis. Plus we picked up a good bunch of possible slaves that could keep the ship in good condition.

''Miles pauses for a moment, then grabs a notepad''
Better write this down. Bound to forget it otherwise ''He chuckles''

Maybe i should ... ''A knock on the door is heard throughout the room''
''Miles pulls out his sidearm, a gun so old it'd be a miracle if it were to get a shot off''
''He opens the door slowly and finds a fellow raider at the door''
Oh, it's you. Got my stuff?
''The other Raider nods and hands Miles a small cardamine canister''

Great! Just what i needed, head on down to the bar and have a drink on my tab. I'll be down shortly.

''Miles closes the door and replaces his cardamine inhaler''
''He takes a deep breath, a quick look around the miserable conditions of what he currently calls home''
Well... Hopefully this will change
''He says with a sigh of relief and walks out the door and heads towards the bar''

// I'd like some feedback if your guys have time. Tell me in PM what i can do better or different.
The door creaks open and in walks Miles. He takes a look around making sure everything is where it's supposed to be.

Can't be too careful with these Liberty types. They use every dirty trick in the book.

''He turns on his neural logbook''
Okay so! I went to that system... Erh.. Inverness, yeah. Visited the Junkers' Space Port there. And well, turned out they sure as hell have the capability to make a fine ship for us good Raiders. Question remains whether or not they want to build one though. Gonna send them a message sometime. Once I've talked this over with the big guy.

lets see what else...

''Miles pauses for a moment''
Oh right, pirated this rich transport captain earlier, and of course the party poopers showed up... As if they ever got an invitation! Needless to say i had to cut the cash transfer short... Got away with just over two million credits. Oh and his wife!
''Miles leans back on the chair cracking a grin on his face''
She's in the usual spot with some of the others.

Also the Barrier Gate shipwright got a new assistant... Asked, no. Told him to do something about the Flatt Lined. Thing needs a touch up. And the kid looked like he knew what he was doing. I'll find out soon enough. Hope he didn't make my ship look like a Christmas tree. Like some other ships I've seen around.

''Miles leans even further back on the chair''
Guess thats it. Gonna head out later today. Hopefully some of the other Raiders can join me.

Some yelling is heard outside, Miles turns off the neural log and opens the door, finding two middle aged men fighting in the corridor. He chuckles when he recognizes one of them. Realizing it's his courier about to have his bag stolen Miles pulls his gun and pulls the trigger.
The old weapon backfires and instead of coming out the business end. The shot comes out of the side, pulling every possible internal part with it.

''Miles stops for a moment, thinking about what just happened''
What the... Old piece of junk!

In the mean time the fight has broken up and the would-be thief is lying down with a bullet hole in his head. And a baffled Raider standing over him.

''A discreet grin appears on Miles' face''
Shot must have ricochet off the wall...

So then, my goods...

Miles is handed a large canister seemingly used as an air filter for a ship, and a bag of cardamine inhalers.

The Raider walks off as Miles heads in the opposite direction. Back to the hangar.
Miles walks into the bar of Barrier Gate with a pleased yet sinister grin on his face.
He spots Billy Xae sitting in the back and nods at him. He proceeds to sit down across the table.

You show some real promise kid I'll give you that. Spike was clever to involve you in our dysfunctional family.

Billy smiles coldly and nods as Miles continues

So, a little side business i got going.

Miles takes a quick look around to make sure nobody is listening, then leans over the table.

So. I've spoken to an old IMG buddy of mine. One of the good guys. Turns out he left IMG shortly after i got kicked out. Goes by the name of James Thatcher these days. Anyways. He went and founded a small privately owned transport company.
And yesterday he asks me if i can use his help.

Billy nods

I've had this idea, since the Metropolis is currently 'indisposed' indefinitely, we need a home away from... Well, this place. Anyway, James here offered us the Company as a shell cooperation, naturally i agreed. Not many opportunities like this.

Deal is we do a little favor for him now and then. Specifically i do a favor for him now and then.
Now he usually hauls these poor refugees off of Planet Leeds, you know. That wrecked planet in the wrecked System. Anyways. As i said he hauls these refugees to Pittsburg, ofcourse no one would notice if a few of these refugees would go missing. I've ordered one of our privateers to meet up with him now and then. He gets to go about his business and we get a nice steady supply of slaves to work for us. Who knows maybe there's even a few children in some of those groups... Children are malleable. Plus we got a reliable place to launder money. Anyways. He's christened his ship 'The Pitt' His company is called Four Points Logistics... Or something like that...

Miles pauses for a moment as he sees someone half stumble out of the door.

''I smell a rat. A liberty Police rat to be exact''

He looks at Billy, Billy nods back to Miles as he gets up and silently follows the LPI officer.

''Damn good pilot. A damn good Raider...''

He orders a beer and walks back to his table, waiting for Billy....