Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Lone Ranger of Sirius
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Unfinished

We join our un-savoury, though god knows why they were chosen, hero's, deep in Omicron's as they flee from everything that could kill, maim or even threaten to hurt them.

Here we are in trouble again, thought the co-pilot. Co-pilot Slivia looked over to the Captain; she loathed, hated and was quite aware of all his faults. Those simply being he was a coward, liar, thief and well, overall an idiot. Then there was the problem with the crew which numbered a further three individuals.

Ship's Engineer Groat, Groat being his name, simply why his parents named him that was a mystery. Maybe they were high on Cardimine as his mother gave birth, who's to know. But the simple truth was that Groat's engineering skills were in actual fact a mystery in of them-selves.
He seemed to know by listening or feeling what the ship needed, with a little help from his sadly un-secretive secret addiction to Cardimine and a taste for engine fluid mixture, from the cruise coils (why this or even how its possible, for someone to survive on this is a mystery). But the ship managed to survive under his somewhat strange skills, with of course the occasional clanking sound and loss of gravity a few times a week.

Next weapons officer Rav, a man's man... to say that you have to look at his stature. He has the build of a wrestler, the looks that can make any women swoon and the smile that can make any person feel safe. But what are his faults, you may ask yourself, for such a man? Well lets look at his skills, you are more likely to be shot by him than by the enemy.
Giving him any weapon at all may cause you, or in-fact himself, harm. And to say he's a weapons officer is true, send him into a room full of heavily armed men and there always it seems by accident to clear the room of life. It is safe to say that the Captain's plan, when dealing with the enemy, is to let Rav be captured then run like hell!

And finally the last crew member of the this heroic group, the ship's A.I.
Umm well I'll explain, Artificial Intelligence was incorporated to the ship to help with docking, auto-pilot, defence turrets etc...however the A.I.
Who has decided to call itself Pam, has by all accounts has been verified as egotistical and selfish.
In all, its emotions have been verified by doctors on seven worlds and certified (the certificate is actually framed and mounted on the ship's hull as a warning to anyone) as being bloody annoying. Also the fact that Pam gets jealous so much so, once she tried poisoning the crew because she felt she should be not left out of consuming food.
Or the last time when she decided the ship needed holes in it to vent oxygen and thus get rid of the excess weight (that being the crew) by taking control of the ships guns.

Now back to our hero's....yes I said hero's...ok bare with them....just give them a chance...please

Boom Boom- ships guns fire

“How far are they behind us Slivia?”

“Well Captain, I would say not so much behind us...more like in-front, above, below and behind to the sides...in-fact I would say everywhere but in the ship”

The ship shakes as another missile strikes the shields.

“Groat??? Cruise drives; when are they going to come on line?”
Internal Comm buzzes and a snorting sound can be heard “ahhh, sooooon...sooo soooon”

The Captain glances at the shield levels....not good, nearly at 29% and falling.

“Pam, will you help Slivia plot a course to the nearest Safe port?”
“I’m not doing anything till you ask me nicely!!!!hmph”

“Please help Slivia plot a course to save all of our lives...”
“Fine ill help, but I want everyone to know..im only doing this for myself and not for any of you meat sacks!”
“err, yes we understand...why have ships guns stopped...RAV? Damn im going to check on him”

The Captain rises and stumbles to the doorway, while missiles hit and rock the ship..he goes through into the tactical room to find Rav nursing his right hand.

“Why have you stopped firing Rav?”
“I didn’t warm up properly, my finger hurts from pressing the button...if we had the VR room then I wouldn’t have to fire the Guns manually!”

The Captain sighs, raises his hands in prayer...yes the virtual reality room had been quarantined due to Pam claiming her space had been invaded, also she had managed to get the override codes from the Captain's memory, when he had been plugged in....oh what trouble followed thought the Captain. Pam had ejected herself out into space after the setting the self-destruct.

The Captain hopped over to the weapons control and started pressing the fire control button rapidly.

Suddenly the ship jolted as the cruise engine's fired up, both Rav who was still standing and the Captain who hadn’t put his seat belt on were thrown against the ships hull. Their faces flattening out as the ship picked up speed (due to the ships dampeners not working). The Captain trying to fight the force and move Rav's hand away from his crotch (which is causing him more pain than he would like).

Internal Comm buzzes “ah Captain.... man what a rush...the cruise ….engines are working....”

After ten of the longest seconds of pain the Captain has felt, both himself and Rav fall to the floor in a pile. After crawling slowly out from under the rock which is Rav, who is unconscious, he makes his way to the flight deck.

Slivia watches him enter holding his crotch and rubbing his face, she chuckles to herself.

“Me and Pam have managed to put us on course with the nearby Free-port”
shaking his head “Zoner's self proclaimed neutrals, ok with their ships to be neutral...anyone with bigger guns can claim anything they want”