Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: CR| Headquarters, Coronado
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: HF-Kinnaird.png]

To: Colonial Republic Headquarters, Coronado System
Sub.: Astronomical Surveys
Encryption: Kappa-6+

To whom it may concern, in confidence;

As a representative of the Hellfire Legion, I am interested in acquiring astronomical data on the planetary bodies in the Coronado system. In particular, we would be interested in any available information pertaining to the various geomagnetic profiles of planets in the system, excluding the inhabited planets of Pecos and Yuma.

If you feel that monetary or material reparations would be required in exchange for this information, I am confident that we will be able to come to an agreement.

- Kinnaird out.

[Image: commfinisher.png]
[Image: LiamAnders.png]

Fleet Marshall Kinnaird,

I am Liam Anders, Minister of Agriculture and generally run things on Yuma and deal with 'domestic affairs' in Coronado.
It is nice to hear from the Legion again, and actually opens the door for some communication we had planned in the near future. We will get to that when such a time comes about though.

Onto your request, which strikes me as rather unusual to say the least. We did survey the system upon our arrival, although a precise scan of some of the more anomalous objects we have found are still to be found. No specific reparations are required beforehand, but knowing your reasoning behind the request is something we'd need. Perhaps assistance in these more detailed surveys would be fitting and, of course, mutually beneficial.

Regards,
Liam Anders

Minister Anders;

I am interested in any stellar bodies with significant electromagnetic fields; something suitably disruptive that would mask the energy signature of a particularly large ship, should it remain in close orbit.

- Kinnaird out.

Kinnaird,

Please just "Mister" Anders as any title, and nothing like the "Right Honourable" that the Bretonians like to go with. I hope you don't mind if I leave out "Fleet Marshall" from time to time in turn.

Anyway, I believe I have something you'd be looking for. As I mentioned, Coronado was surveyed upon arrival after the Exodus Under Fire. One moon of Salina, Jericho, has a particularly strong electromagnetic field surrounding it and appears to have gotten the better of some independent freighters and perhaps a few Guild scouts in its time. I've attached a copy of our data entry on the moon for your perusal.

Crayterian Civilian Database Entry #C-6114 Wrote:Terrain - Barren
Diameter - 24,216 km
Mass - 9.89 x 9e24 kg
Temperature - N/A
Escape velocity - 8.42 km/sec

Jericho is a seemingly ordinary, barren rock moon composed of Silicates with deposits of various light metals with no atmosphere. Jericho stands out on the star charts because of the significant threat it poses to unwary ships entering orbit around the Planet Salina. Visual scans indicate that there is ancient wreckage located near one of the planetary poles. However the space surrounding Jericho is heavily radiated and produces strong electromagnetic interference preventing detailed analysis and exploration of the surface.

What would be able to improve our survey ability is something I believe the Legion has access to. Specifically, a 'Spyglass' Scanner to refit one of our Thanatos cruisers would be perfect to get a proper look at the planet. In return, we can share with you any updated scans of the planet, and allow your... large vessel to reside in orbit should you so desire. If I have heard of them correctly, the ship's systems should withstand any interference.

One thing though, the area is rather irradiated. I would advise putting in some extra shields or hull plating before getting too close to Jericho.

Regards,
Liam Anders

Mr Anders;

That planetoid seems to fit the profile that I'm looking for. We will take all necessary precautions before approaching it.

I think providing you with a Spyglass Scanner as compensation for your assistance and discretion in this matter is more than fair. I'm sure that you'll find it very useful for assisting in further detailed surveys, as well as other logistical challenges the Colonial people undoubtably face. Since the Legion only keeps a strictly limited stock of Spyglass arrays in storage, it will take me several days to bring it to you. Ideally, a transport with the array on board should be able to arrive at your base within a week.

- Kinnaird out.

Kinnaird,

That seems all in order. Once the Spyglass has been retro-fitted onto our cruiser, the exact scans shall be sent your way. Once you find a suitable orbit that will mask yet not disrupt your ship's operations, you will be free to place yourself in it.

As for other... logistical cooperation, I've already received some word on that and you'll likely be hearing any results soon enough.

Regards,
Liam Anders