Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Thief's Corner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A jaded old man, suited in a torn uniform, arised by the rear side of the bar on Pacifica, with prying eyes on him, closed in on the lounge clerk to hurl his boldest air around before depositing himself on a rusted dull chair and letting the words to ensue from his usual lunatic tone.

Guten tag Adolf. Im in need of some drink, ale or beer whatever.. Do we have any left?

Greetings Herr Schuster. Your ale is on its way, however Im afraid to tell that we might be running low on food supplies and toothpaste soon.

Again? Damn.. We will need to rob yet another shipment of consumer goods then.

Bernd.. Excuse my interruption but I just learned from Manfred that a rich convoy of diamonds will be conducted to Holstein by the hand of Kruger next week. Rogues of Dawson have been willing to deal a hefty amount of credits in return for those diamonds.

What do you have in your mind?

Why dont we just rob the diamonds and bargain them to the Rogues? Wrexler told me about some Rogues, relying on us to rob some diamonds for them. They have a plentiful blackmarket of consumer goods along with the semi luxurious food rations of Liberty. In return for a rich shipment of diamonds, they would be more than elated to release some generous stocks to cover our needs.

We could put this plan under way once the rest of us return to Bering.

Where are the rest of us?

Some are still hanging in Frankfurt. Did Manfred tell you, where he has been?

He only said that he was on a special assignment, nothing else.

Alright, thanks for the information anyway. I need to head to my room now to take a look at the latest deckyard crew list of Alster. If any young lad with a Republican ID asks about me in a suspicious way, just direct him to the waiting hall.

Sure, will do.
A uniformed man marched in. A black uniform, of course, as would be expected from such an intimidating figure.

He was grey-haired and harsh-faced, his cold gaze hovering over the room appraisingly, inspecting each man in turn as if estimating their value. Upon seeing the bar full of robbing scum, he rolled his eyes and sneered at the Unioners surrounding him. Their drunken hands inched towards their sidearms.

Bernd, guzzling his beer, looked up. "Klaus, ja?"

"Special Agent Liebknecht, ja," responded the menacing individual.

"How's our mutual friend then, Klaus?" asked the veteran pirate and thief.

"I can't say he sent his best wishes. Neither can I, but I couldn't maintain my cover as a sleeper agent in the Rheinland Military for much longer. After the Commander defected and ordered me to stay behind, he told me to evacuate to this location should my position be compromised," explained Liebknecht to Schuster.

"So your cover was blown, huh? You military sorts have no... no subtlety, Mister Liebknecht," stated the Unioner.

Klaus snarled at being given a civilian title and narrowed his eyes viciously.

"My cover wasn't blown... but their secret police are becoming far too active for effective intel operations. I concluded that more direct action would be necessary. Besides, as pathetic as you lot are, I prefer this..."

He ran his finger along Bernd's table, proceeding to flick the dirt from his gloved finger with a look of what could only be called 'disdain' before continuing,

"...filthy hole... to the churches and monasteries they have in Rheinhardt's name back on base."

The Unioner chuckled as Klaus began to get angry about the Military's blind devotion.

"Aye, you're not wrong, Klaus. Things are different here... but it could be worse. Glad to have you aboard."

The obviously not glad officer nodded curtly and stamped out of the bar.
A young man entered the bar, he only had a second to glance at the black uniformed man who just exited the scene.

He continued his walking, confident yet focused, clearly signaling that hes headed towards Bernd.

"Herr Schuster." Said the young man and bowed.

"Ah, well isn't it my newest recruit, Felix!" Expressed Bernd with a smile on his face.

"Herr Schuster, I'm in need of a vessel and if you could acquire a few weapons, it would be much appreciated."

"Now that you mentioned it, I have just got my hands on something very interesting from my last hit." Responded Bernd with a low voice.

"But Herr Schuster, if this 'Item' of yours is such a rarity, why do you plan to give it away? With all respect Sir, someone else must deserve this gift more than I" Stated Felix.

"No, no. You my friend, you have potential. I have never seen anyone learning so fast the basic techniques of combat. Time will make you grow, a little help along the way wouldn't hurt, no?" Answered Bernd.

"I... I guess so Herr Schuster." Responded Felix nervously.

"Good." Bernd reached for his left pocket, and took out something resembling a Key-Card. "Now, take this, hand it over to the Shipyard Engineer. He will lead you to your new ship."

"Understood, Sir." Felix pushed his chair backwards and stood up. Just as he was about to leave, he turned his head back to Bernd and said: "Oh, and Herr Schuster. Thank you, Sir."

Bernd nodded and smiled. "Now go, I have other business to attend to."

Felix followed the signs leading to the launching site. He immediately spotted the engineer and rushed towards him as he handed over the Card. The engineer gave Felix a set of keys and pointed towards a sealed door.

"Wow..." Felix observed the magnificent ship, completely speechless.

[Image: Ship.jpg]
Three friends drinking in Bar...

"Well my Eagle begs to differ" -Arnold said

"Ah Arnie don't be so tight, let's drink.. Waiter... Waiter .. Three beers here.. Schnell"- Felix said

"Now now boys... Let's leave that old piles of junk alone.. Cheers, for the Union"-Frantz added

While having fun and finally forgetting all that Union matters they had on their exhausted minds.. Tall man enters room.

"Greetings, gentlemen".. Smiles from their faces were suddenly whipped away. Mixture of anger and fear replaced it.

*Silence*

"I have mission for you.. By supreme commandant of the Union. Are you prepared for it?"

*Silence*

Felix, Arnold and Frantz looked at each other.. No one talked... They had bad feeling about this one, they were underdogs in squadron... They've been before on all hardest missions for the Union and it was normal that none of them said anything to that man... But man finally said:

"Schwarzenegger, Zimmer, Taschke, congratulations you are lucky three that will check rumors about strange readings around Sigma 13 JH. Sigma 13 is of the limit for you but we want to check strange reports about alien lifeforms around that JH"

Man threw intel report on their table and left the bar... They were still silent. They knew what is around Sigma 13 JH, everybody dis, but no one talks about it. The Wild, dangerous hybrids left by Nomads after the war... but they were soldiers and they had a task ahead of them.

"Well Arnie, I hope your eagle can do all that things you've talked about twenty minutes"- Felix said and took his flying jacket.

Plan was simple, Take Hamburg JH, and then unnoticed slip across Hamburg and that one for New Berlin... But they were afraid of that Wild creatures. Finally they entered New Berlin

"So far, so good"-Frantz said
"Don't say that, You'll jinx us"- Arnold was screaming over closed comms
"Approaching Kreutzberg, be careful"-Felix interrupted

So they passed Kreutzberg and quickly closed gap to Sigma 13 JH. Suddenly from nowhere Bounty hunter battlecruiser emerged and opened fire on Arnold

"Under fire I am under fire, mayday mayday" - Arnold screamed over comms "Get your asses overhere NOW, I am being shoot to pieces"

Seconds later Felix and Frantz were on the spot...

"Retreat retreat"-Frantz yelled at comms...
Arnold: "And what? Failed the Union? So we can be send to more missions like that ??? I am not retreating"
Felix: "I am with you brother on this one, no more missions like these"
Frantz: "Okay, let's do this, but let's do it smart"
And battle started...

It was a glorious one, every piece in each of their ships functioned perfectly... After all they were all shipbuilders and engineers before rebellion.

"He is on me!! He is on me!! I can't catch my breath! Do something"- Felix yelled
Arnold: "Hang on brother I will help you. Frantz, paralyzers, full spread, on my mark 3,2,1 Fire"

After each Paralyzer, after each shoot Bounty hunter lost more and more shield and more and more hope, but he was persistent in his goals... After about half an hour, maybe longer his hull started to buckle and he hadn't any more regens to use. Both eagles were caught in fire, Raven Talon lost one gun , but Battlecruiser was going down..

Badly damaged they took quick scan of Sigma 13 jumphole but there were no Wilds, nothing, all silent...
Then they took safest possible route to home through Frankfurt. When they got back they were tired, exhausted and still without any idea what they accomplish.. So with grease on their face and engine coolant on uniforms they went to commander's office and knocked on the door.

*knocking*

"Enter. Aaaa, gentleman, you got back, wonderful, I am expecting you accomplished your mission, did you?"

Felix took two photographies and scanner data and tossed it on commandant's desk and said

"Schwarzenegger, Zimmer and Taschke, sir reporting from their assignment" Then they turned and left the room while man was just looking the photos and stayed numb.

These were the pictures :

Ship Camera: Picture 1

Ship Camera: Picture 2

*3 days later*
*Music plays*

Union high commandant : "Arnold Schwarzenegger, Felix Zimmer and Frantz Taschke you will receive Silver Cross for honor, for destroying singlehandedly Bounty Hunter battlecruiser while you were on mission for Union, this is the highest orden that one Unioner can receive, congratulations gentlemen "
*applause*

Transmitting from Kreuzberg..

As you all know, we have been monitoring the progress of this freaky Wilde kind along with their Nomadic patrons. Reason is that their existence around this Sigma-13 anomaly and the surrounding district is a displeasant concern needless to mention the undermining effect this might provoke anytime we are likely to confront them. I had the very opportunity to communicate with one of their breed over Berlin frequencies today. They probably decided to confess their sins after liquidating some fateless shippers on their way. The thing had a call sign of 'Blutengel' and sounded reasonably logical throughout the conversation we had. Whether an infected military personnel or not, its ability to speak in the same form with me with breaching our frequencies is a mystery to be conducted. The most strange part is that they think or pretend to do in a fairly alike way with us, regarding the wretchedness of Rheinlander corporations. However, they sound rather scolding and despising against our own kind.

Boys, I advise strict caution before moving around while there is an alienated entity within the same system. And do not let them disullusion you with their tales of different worlds. Stay out of their range as much as possible. We wouldn't want to be a prey while looking for one, would we?
Extended Communique..

Just as I suspected. Our rogue scouts have informed me that they have their hands on a hefty pile of pilots after a series of clashes within the New Berlin system. The package include a group of Military, Police, Unioner personnel as well as some depraved humanoids identified as Wildern. What mostly concerns me are the recent rumours relentlessly roaming around and narrating that those alienated humanoids have a strange ability to deploy a chassis field in order to apply some sort of magical mind controlling manipulation over any organic entity within a designated range. This is why I want those frantic blue substances to be immediately trasferred and conducted to the deepest cellars of Heilbronn with utmost care, kept an eye on their situation until I find a secure channel to convey with an old friend of mine. Any remainder of the alienated substances could be conducted to an alternative location unknown with advanced cortege, should the situation require priority and serious privation. I'm planning of bargaining them with a real good price as soon as possible.

As for the Police, Military personnel along with the Blood Dragon pirate and a Bounty Hunter crew, I will ask Klaus to mania-interrogate them all to learn whether they could be of any use instead of cheap trade or not.

The rest of the group, composed of 7 Unioners are the ones I will grill personally, with much of a dismay to be honest. Call me an obnoxious and querulous wrinkled pesterer if you want, none could prevent me from beating into those imbecilic slowpokes' heads how to deploy an effective subterfuge till they prove me elseway.

Transmitting fact files via secure link 10010101..11010010..

[Image: Rmpi.gif]
[Image: screen358.gif]